UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

If these were still $14.99 like when I started collecting DC Direct, I'd be all over them.

My shop charges $21.95. Even with a 10% discount, I have trouble pulling the trigger.

That and I'm waiting patiently for apology figures with corrected hips. Those exposed joints are heinous.

Haven't yet, because the new Marvel Legends waves are also shipping, and I can't buy everything. These will be pretty easy to get from Amazon and other sellers down the road, if the first wave is any indication. But they look great. The price point seems to be in line with what 6" figures are going for these days (unfortunately...) and these do come loaded with accessories, which is nice. Man-Bat definitely looks worth the money.

So far I've got Catwoman (the hip joints aren't a big deal in person to me, just blend in like all the other cuts and joints on a figure), and picked up Joker and Robin yesterday. I think Joker's face looks fine in person too. I'm waiting for the first season Bats. The pricetag is keeping me to only my most wanted characters for sure.

I picked them up and my hat is off to DC Collectables for stepping up and fixing all the issues from the first wave. Joints are solid with no issues and the figures are much sturdier than before. Paint and accessories are still top notch.

The only complaint I have is they cut a few accessories from the Joker including the joker card. hopefully it will come with another figure. Not sure why they would leave it out but keep the comb and necklace.

Edited by fwoosheyman

So I did end up picking up Man-Bat last week. Sculpt is great, but he's one of those figures where the design hinders the articulation a bit. His head doesn't turn much at all, and his arms don't bend at the elbows. The extra pair of arms is nice, but the right short arm doesn't stay in the peg hole well at all, which is apparently a common problem with him. Doesn't fall when he's just standing, though.

My only real pet peeve with this line are how far the sliding clamp sticks out in the back. I wanted to display them on a bookshelf, but couldn't because the stand is too damn long. I don't really see what the advantage of the sliding clamp is; I guess theoretically you could pose the figure in front of the display base. But the tradeoff makes them not worth it. I don't usually use stands, but the turnaround art makes these so cool that I made an exception. I just wish they'd all used the clamps that come with Batman (and presumably all other caped figures).

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to picking up series 2 from Amazon.

IMG_0750.jpg

Overall, they feel like a decent improvement over Batman and Mr Freeze. I wish Man-Bat had a little more articulation and that his arms stayed in place a little better, but I really like the sculpt. Robin seems like he's a little too short, but I like him otherwise. Joker is actually a lot better in person than I thought he'd be. The head doesn't look quite as off model, which is good.

Edited by Glantern

Your thoughts basically echo my own. I just got Robin and Joker this week (guess we both took advantage of falling Amazon prices, eh?), and I was more impressed with the Joker then I expected. I think his head looks a little smushed because they wanted him to be able to fit that helmet over it. But he does look much better in hand then in photos.

Creeper has apparently also shipped to comic book shops. I resisted the temptation to run out and buy him last week, since next weekend is Free Comic Book Day and the store I traditionally take my daughter to usually has 25% off all action figures. But it's been tough! I know the word "hero" gets thrown around a lot....

• 2 weeks later...

Creeper has apparently also shipped to comic book shops. I resisted the temptation to run out and buy him last week, since next weekend is Free Comic Book Day and the store I traditionally take my daughter to usually has 25% off all action figures. But it's been tough! I know the word "hero" gets thrown around a lot....

Big props to hellpop. An inspiration to us all.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really torn. I LOVE these looks. My Love of Batman is mostly from the TAS and the first 2 Burton films.

I feel like i want this line.... and they're looking great - but i'm terrified that i'll start collecting and the line will finish before we get TAS Ivy, TwoFace, Freeze, etc...

Wait - is that Killer Croc right? I remember him being .... different.

edIt - yeah, he was grey and had little lumps/scales/bumps on his head and shoulders....

2e1e8795df4bca682db57009cebba276.jpg

another edit: Never mind - the forthcoming toy appears to be TNA Batman Croc... they've just labelled him incorrectly.

Edited by Nessex

Finally got around to picking Joker up. He's much better in person, but it's also easier to see where the likeness issues are. It's the lack of yellow in his eyes, and the lips. Specifically, the upper lip comes down too far which gives him the "Croc" look; Bruce Timm always drew Joker with his lip curled up high under his nose, but the toy has it down covering his teeth.

Besides that, he's actually oddly become the best hand-candy of the line. I think it's the chunkiness (and definitely the nostalgia). Really fun figure. Accessories still suck, a lot. They cut the card, but keep the comb?!

Edited by Twisted Two-Face