UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting choice of venue. They can sell 6" figures there exclusively while not stepping on Mattel's toes, although it looks like licensees will also be offering exclusive product through DC Universe as well.

For the sake of international collectors and those who don't want to subscribe to DCU, I hope they offer these as multipacks later, maybe a year down the road. 

And while I'm happy to see the line continuing in the same scale, I'm concerned that DCC is putting all their heavy hitters into this assortment. JL/JLU could go on for years with all the characters who appeared on the shows but they'll still need the most popular characters to anchor offerings.

Well I wanted to subscribe to watch Young Justice Season 3 but this seems like a shitty thing to do especially since it's not available outside the US.

I forgot how ugly Superman's face was in the 1st season. Might skip Supes and be happy w the Animated Series figure.

1 hour ago, stack32 said:

Making collectors subscribe to a digital service to be able to buy these is such a bad idea even Mattel would be offended.

Mattel will probably be taking advantage of this outlet as well:

"In addition to DC Collectibles, members will have access to a wide range of exclusive, curated and hard-to-find DC merchandise from a variety of licensing partners before the rest of the world."

That leads me to believe that they'll be skimming the market. Plenty of collectors have to be "First!" and are willing to pay extra to do so. Guys like me will wait patiently.

So long as DCC doesn't pull a Mattel and offer 3-packs with two reissues and one new figure, I'm good.

I'm just wondering if these JL figures will be offered at the same time or if they'll be available once a monthly to keep fans subscribed for eight months.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Mattel will probably be taking advantage of this outlet as well:

"In addition to DC Collectibles, members will have access to a wide range of exclusive, curated and hard-to-find DC merchandise from a variety of licensing partners before the rest of the world."

That leads me to believe that they'll be skimming the market. Plenty of collectors have to be "First!" and are willing to pay extra to do so. Guys like me will wait patiently.

So long as DCC doesn't pull a Mattel and offer 3-packs with two reissues and one new figure, I'm good.

I'm just wondering if these JL figures will be offered at the same time or if they'll be available once a monthly to keep fans subscribed for eight months.

Return of DC Minimates confirmed!

• 3 weeks later...

So much for all the naysaying. This looks terrific! My only concern is that hip articulation, especially on Scarecrow. 

Really loving that Batcycle. It’s almost exactly what I was expecting, maybe better.

I hope they find a way to get more GCPD figures out considering that set is going for $500 on Amazon. 

If collectors don't preorder then they're voting with their dollars for this line to fail.

After starting two years late, I've managed to catch up almost all the way. Thanks to the generosity of my wife, a cat-sitting job where I get paid in gift cards to my LCS, and Amazon's deep discounts, I haven't paid much for the 49 figures I've acquired. (Just yesterday I bought Batman Expressions and Harvey Bullock before all this news hit.)

Now it's time for me to pay up front so DCC can see my interest where it matters to them most.

1 hour ago, TENIME_art said:

*sigh* I'm never going to get caught up. :( 

"Never say never!" ??

The DCU subscription also looks affordable. $8 per month or $75 a year. Between Titans, Doom Patrol, Young Justice, and the Justice League figures, it may actually be worth it for me.

I can do $8 a month (plus, I assume $20-ish for the figure?).

But man, I am disgustingly behind. I had the whole series on hold at my friends' comic shop, but when they went out of business, I had to pick & choose what in my hold pile I could afford, and unfortunately, all unpurchased BTAS figures got sacrificed for Minimates. :confused:

I only have both Batmans (TAS/TNA), both Robins, Nightwing, TNA Batgirl, TAS Catwoman, TAS Joker, TAS Harley, TNA Two-Face, TNA Scarecrow, TNA Mr. Freeze, and TAS R'as al'Ghul. That's it.

This is a series I wanted to get completed, as these are my preferred designs/interpretations of these characters. I got rid of most of my DCUC collection for these (and unfortunately, the money went to other things...like Minimates).

If these weren't so expensive, or if they'd come out a few years earlier when I still lived with roommates & had more expendable income, I'd be current with every release. Even the big sets.

But if I couldn't afford the GCPD set at retail, I definitely won't be able to afford it at $500+. :( 

At $5 a month, yeah, the temptation was too great. I'm already one of those weirdos still looking forward to Titans but I have no idea what to expect from the Justice League figures in terms of how they'll be offered. Even if it's one a month, I'm committed. Hopefully the prices aren't outrageous and membership has privileges like free shipping but I'm not holding my breath. 

• 1 month later...