UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:51 AM, MisterPL said:

IMG_0809.jpg

The corrected version has no visible hip joints. Other collectors have stated the updated version is the one currently on Amazon. And I'm pretty sure both BTAS and TNBA versions have the same articulation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I purchased it. I´m overall very happy with it, but i´m a sucker for the Timmverse so... Batman and Robin have the clothe capes to enter on the batmobile. The signal is functional and pretty awesome IMHO. 

But if you are not a completist, there are other options. The Batsignal only does not justify the purchase. 

Hope it helps!

Watching prices on Amazon is like being a day trader in the stock market. I saw that Deluxe Batmobile set for $121.00 and told myself I'd pull the trigger if it dipped below $120.00... because that was my ridiculously arbitrary threshold. Now it's back up to full retail and I'm kicking myself.

Glad you're happy with the purchase, sergioml. Are you running out of space yet? :D

You're totally right MisterPL. Seeing Amazon prices should be avoided if you have heart problems.
About my space, I'm close to reach my limit. I've skipped only a few figures and the Batwing. That plane is a beauty, but also a monster. My wife's patience is like my storage capacity right now:D

I hear that.  I just got Talia and Firefly, both of whom dropped below $20 on Amazon (which is my threshold). I really only need Bullock of the released figures to feel complete, though I don't have some of the duplicate villains.  Oh, and the Batman Beyond set. It's a shame that Alfred is only coming in the playset, because I just don't have the room for it.  I have that damn Batmobile sitting on my office floor because I bought it when the price was too low to resist, even though I knew I had no place to put it. :headslap:

Vehicles in this scale are like furniture. The Batmobile demands a shelf of its own. The Batwing either needs a round, glass coffee table or a creative wall mount. I'm wondering if the designers looked at IKEA showcases when they determined the dimensions of that Batcave.

• 2 weeks later...

No pics yet but I thought I'd let anyone interested know that the Batwing is available on Amazon for less that $104. Again, that's down from the MSRP of $175. I really need to stop checking that site because at this rate I'll buy a second just to get a rebate on the first.

https://www.amazon.com/DC-Collectibles-Batman-Animated-Batwing/dp/B01DLERQI0/ref=sr_1_7?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1506105932&sr=1-7&keywords=dc+collectibles+batman+the+animated+series

On 9/18/2017 at 8:46 AM, MisterPL said:

Brave or dumb? :wacko:

The package arrives today. I'm kinda dreading it because I already catch flack for being "tough to buy for" from my wife AND kids since I do stuff like this. My birthday's coming up in two weeks so "Happy Birthday to ME!" 

My wife always says THE SAME DAMN THING. Even though I have Amazon wish lists for them to check AND I will put things I really want as a high priority item. :wallbash:

This particular purchase flew right under my wife's nose.

It was delivered to our house while she was home and I was at work. I came through the back door expecting her to say, "You got a BIG PACKAGE today!" ("That's what she said.") Nothing, from her OR the kids. According to the tracking link, it had been delivered so I was a little worried.

I peeked out front and there it was, on our steps, a box the size of a small coffin with the words "BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES BATWING" printed on the outside. I managed to bring it onto the enclosed front porch with no one noticing. About 30 minutes later my wife said she was taking the kids out for ice cream but I said I'd stay behind. They all walked right past the thing. (Hey, they love their ice cream.)

Right now it's at work under my desk. I opened it a couple nights ago with some co-workers who were living vicariously through my addiction and then put it right back in the box. I'll bring it home tonight since I'll have the house to myself thanks to work and school schedules aligning.

So yeah, I think I'm pretty easy to buy for... but timing is everything. ;)

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

That's a good price for Harvey. I might pay $125 for that 5-pack. It does remind me of another set I skipped because I already had all the figures.

https://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Batman-Robin-ROGUES-GALLERY/dp/B000X1EZEI

Aside from the oddly coloured Clayface, that's a really nice set...