UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit behind myself, since I've basically decided the best strategy with these is to wait for lower prices.  I've seen so many of these figures go for much less on Amazon, or be included in online toy retailer sales, that I feel like a sucker paying full price for them.  Last one I got was the Ventriloquist, way back at Christmas.

unnamed.jpg

From IGN:

The Vignette is 15.5”x 17”x 21”, and features a special LED light-up Bat-Computer, and interchangeable computer screen graphics. It also comes with an exclusive 6" Alfred figure, who has a food tray, tea pot and duster as accessories.

Alfred is 6" tall, and fits with the existing line of 6" Batman: The Animated Series action figures both in size and in style.

It's due for release in October at $175. Looks like that MSRP is here to stay.

1 minute ago, stack32 said:

It seems to me on some of the figures in the line they've painted them as though they were fully lit. The problem is nothing is ever fully lit in BTAS, practically everything is in shadow. That's at least part of the problem here.

Nail on the head. I want to like this but I'm kind of glad I don't. Less temptation to pick up the line. Every other offering besides that weird ass multipack in cardboard has been exceptional though. 

IMG_2221.jpg

Okay, so the only other new thing shown for this line was the Joker Expressions set. Eight different noggins, alternate hands, plenty of props (more to come), and an extra set of arms and a trench coat to make a completely new Joker. Aside from the Batcave, this was the big reveal of the line for Toy Fair 2017.

I'm guessing they'd have had more prototype figures to show if they were still offering single packs. (TAS Batgirl will be the last, reportedly). With multi-packs, you really want to show all or nothing so if one isn't ready, none get seen. (Or at least photographed.)

IMG_2230.jpg

Depending on which report you listen to, the cardboard backdrop that accompanied the Batcave may or may not be included with the set. For a printed piece of cardboard, it really does finish that playset nicely. Hopefully they find a way to sneak it in there.

DCC not offering singles in this line anymore bums me out. I hate having to spend that much all at once to get what I want and I haven't found the value to really be there on larger sets. Not sure I'm going to bother completing the line if that's how it's going to be.

Edited by stack32

I get the impression that someone above DCC (like their new CFO) is making mandates that will drive this line into the dirt. 

Something else I discovered over the weekend. I spoke with my LCS owner and it turns out that they can order individual figures from Diamond. They're not forced to order assortments. (Which means the four Zatanna figures collecting dust on his pegs are his bad gamble.)

I don't know how recent that is because I've read reports of cases being shipped unevenly. That may have been something DCC did at first but as the price went up, they offered an alternative. So if these things are actually made to preorder once a certain threshold is met, I guess I'd better start preordering. I almost feel guilty getting so many figures off Amazon so affordably... almost. After all it was the $25 MSRP that kept me away in the first place. At $175 per assortment ($140 if I preorder through BBTS), I'm still paying $28 each.

Time for a bake sale.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's a little more palatable. I still don't understand why they needed to include such a large stone base. Cut that down and it can fit on a normal shelf, as it is it's going to be very difficult to find a place to put it.

That's still way too much for me as far as what I feel like I'm getting for the price. I do want the Alfred, but I'll be waiting until this set gets a deep discount before I spend that much money for the figure,

I've somehow ended up with an extra BtaS Harley Quinn if anyone needs it. Card is beat up but the figure is good.

• 1 month later...

Just read that Timm-verse Superman figures are coming in 6", now I want to get the Timm-verse Worlds Finest.

Can anyone point out how to be certain you are getting an Improved Batman release, instead of the 1st release?  I would most likely purchase off of Amazon.

There are obviously a couple of costume variations; is one of these sure to be "better" articulation than another?

Thanks!