UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been eyeing these up for a LONG time in my local comic shop.  They look amazing but they also look like they won't be able to stand on their own.  How's the quality on these?

p.s.  Did you guys see that there is a new Batman The Animated Series comic book crossover with the new Nick version of the Ninja Turtles?  It's a 6 issue series and the first issue comes out in November.

I can't speak from experience (I've yet to open mine) but after reading over 200 pages on TheFwoosh, I can say they generally stand pretty well. The big complaint is that rocker ankles should be standard. Not all figures have them but even those that don't manage to maintain a decent dynamic pose. One collector uses vintage Star Wars stands and those seem to work well for him. The stands included with the figures do the job but they're a little big for some shelves.

And yeah, that BTAS/TMNT crossover looks fun. DC's BTAS titles were among my favorites so there's a pretty high bar set. If I read decent reviews I'll definitely be picking up the trade paperback.

• 4 weeks later...

Between the look and the nostalgia, I know what you mean. I've got a dozen and haven't paid full price for any of them but they're already putting a serious dent in my Minimates budget. I've still got some coming for Christmas but there are others on Amazon that I've been champing at the bit to order.

I'm particularly eager to get my hands on the deluxe Batmobile and the Batwing. The latter will probably require a wall mount unless I can find a coffee table to display it in. No idea where I'd put that huge Batmobile.

The Batmobile was the first thing I ordered. The Batwing is pretty amazing just for the pure size of it, but I just don't know where I'd put it. Plus, the Batmobile just felt more iconic for this series. I went with the deluxe one that has the Bats/Robin/Signal included. Then I just had to get the Man-Bat and Mad Love sets.

Other than that, I picked up a few more of the figures that looked like they were well below retail on Amazon. It's fun/exciting/wallet-panic-inducing jumping into an established line like this. 

• 3 weeks later...

The first Batmobile is $68.99 on Amazon for those interested. 

Christmas can't come soon enough for me. I'm champing at the bit to buy a few of the earliest releases but I won't know 'til the 25th which ones I'll still need. (#FirstWorldProblems)

I did pick up the latest Joker from TNBA. Bud & Lou are terrific and I like the way they sculpted the flower on Joker's lapel. While TAS got me hooked, I'm a bigger fan of most of the designs from TNBA and this Joker is one of the reasons why. So sinister.

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on Mister Freeze since the visible hip pegs aren't as distracting on his costume. Still up in the air with Two-Face. Hopefully they'll issue an apology figure soon, maybe as part of a 2-pack with Nora in a cryo-tube.

• 2 weeks later...

I've read the stands that fit vintage (78-83) Star Wars figures (with the bigger pegs) work wonderfully. If I can recall the brand name I'll get back to you.

My haul consisted of Scarecrow, Man-Bat, Croc & Baby Doll, Etrigan & Klarion, and Batman & Phantasm. It's a happy, bat-themed holiday at Casa PL. 

I've been on the fence with these since the first series but I got some for my birthday and now Christmas.  I think they look awesome.  I usually open my stuff but I'm not sure about these.  They just look a little too top heavy with those small feet.  I LOVE the Justice League Unlimited figures but those were a huge pain in the ass to display because they always fell over. 

Edited by MisterMiracle

3 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

I LOVE the Justice League Unlimited figures but those were a huge pain in the ass to display because they always fell over. 

The lack of holes in their feet didn't help that JLU line either. Even after drilling the holes for stands myself they bent at the ankles and drooped forward. Great character selection ruined by something as simple as gravity. 

But that was Mattel and this is DCC. I had the same concerns but with a different scale, articulation, and materials, it seems remedied. Everything I've read indicates most of these figures have no problem standing on their own. 

1 hour ago, NerdyTrev said:

Got the Clayface figure for Christmas and he's fantastic! He's perfect next to the other figures I had.

I also got a gift card to my local comic shop. With any luck, he'll be in stock. Either way my collection will be growing again by the end of the week. ?

Picked up Ra's, Commissioner Gordon, and the latest Harley Quinn yesterday. If I pick up the upcoming "Girl's Night Out" 5-pack, I'll be swapping one Harley portrait out for display purposes. I love those alternate expressions.

I also finally caved in and got Mr. Freeze. His visible pegs in the hip joints aren't as obtrusive in that costume. And if SCC does end up offering a revised figure, I'll just display this one with the spider legs. 

Now im hoping for a TAS version, maybe in a deluxe set with a frozen Nora Fries. 

• 2 weeks later...

gdcxaxpnq5cyrmopvf23.jpg

BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES GCPD ROGUES GALLERY ACTION FIGURE 5-PACK Packaging concept is shown, but artwork is not final.Description: A lone cop—Renee Montoya—is surrounded by some of Gotham City’s greatest evildoers in this amazing new action figure 5-pack inspired by Batman: The Animated Series that comes in deluxe packaging with battery-powered lights! Each figure in this set comes with its own character-specific accessories and extra hands. 1:13[sic]/6 inch scale MSRP: $175

Not sure how I feel about $140 worth of figures in $35 packaging. It's a nice way of finishing off the designs from BTAS but I'm not sure if a cardboard jail is worth the extra cash, even if it lights up.

Wow!  Those figures look fantastic!  I was hoping we'd get a Montoya at some point!  That price point of $175 seems crazy high to me though.  I've consistently seen these in comic shops at $20 - $25 each so let's call it $125 for 5 figures.  I don't need a $50 box.

Now we just need a regular Scarecrow, Alfred, Bruce, and Dick to finish out the entire cast.  Maybe a Gray Ghost if they're feeling really generous!

I guess if collectors gushed over the $175 Batwing, DCC figured this would be just as well received. By the way, BigBadToyStore has the set up for pre-order for $139.99.

Croc's ab crunch is bugging me. I wish there was a better way to do that joint. I'm also worried about Freeze's arms. It looks like the design of the suit could hinder the range of motion at the elbows and shoulders. (I'm so spoiled.)

Otherwise I think these look good. Ivy's hair needs tweaking but all in all this is a pretty solid offering. I'm happy they found a way to get Montoya onto my shelf.

I'm pretty happy with the figures in this set. And what a nice and unexpected but of Friday news! The price is pretty terrible, but all of these high priced sets see markdowns on the various toy store sites and Amazon eventually. I've always felt like big box sets like this have a high MSRP because they know that there are a decent number of collectors that will pay the high price up front. So they can bring in some extra money that way on the front end. Then, when the price gets lowered, I feel like that "reduced" price is much closer to what a reasonable MSRP should be.

I didn't pay anywhere near what the MSRP was for the Deluxe Batmobile. And I certainly won't for this set either, even though it has five figures that I'll be very happy to add to my collection. Especially the Bane. And the Montoya figure really looks like an old Kenner figure, which is cool.

Accessories seemed a lot more plentiful when the single figures were $3 less. The solicitation for this 5-pack insists it includes "character-specific accessories and extra hands" so I'll wait for Toy Fair to see exactly what that means. 

The pricing on the multi-packs is all over.

Etrigan & Klarion were $40. Joker & Harley with the "Mad Love" trade were $45. Batman & Phantasm with no pack-in were also $45. Croc & Baby Doll were $25. 

Batman Beyond is $65. Legends of the Dark Knight is $70. Joker with Bud & Lou was $28.

I guess the accessories we can count on most are stands and hands. 

Damn. I have been holding off on this line because I've been waiting for Freeze and Ivy. Now that they have been released, they look great - but that is an expensive set. And as with the other posters above, I am worried about the accessory situation. I was actually a little disappointed with the offerings that came with the NBA Ivy figure. I'm really hoping this one comes with a crossbow for her wrist, some vines and a man-eating plant of some sort. This box set makes me worry that we wont see much of that....

ea097b84de23d50105ee005e192ed595.jpg  hqdefault.jpg