UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

On September 18, 2016 at 0:14 AM, Trekker 42 said:

Welcome to the madness, buddy.

I really need to find a better place to put mine actually...

Yeah, I may be looking for an apartment. Don't tell my wife.

I'm kinda glad I waited. I heard about breakage issues early on as well as those ugly hip joints. Both issues seem to be resolved. However after checking Amazon it looks like if I'm gonna have to see which figures are most in demand if I'm going to catch up. 

Does anyone know which figures are coming out next? DCC production is notoriously delayed this year but hopefully it's for good reason.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wave with Gordon, Ra's, Zatanna, and Etrigan/Klarion recently came out (i picked up Gordon and Ra's - both amazing).

These are the figures that were slated for September; I don't believe anyone has updated shipping info for them, and they have not been found overseas yet.

The New Batman Adventures - Harley Quinn, $28
The New Batman Adventures - Firefly, $28
The New Batman Adventures - Fire Suit Batman, $28
Batman The Animated Series - Clayface, $28
Batman The Animated Series - Harvey Bullock, $28
Batman The Animated Series - Talia, $28
Batman The Animated Series - Scarface, $28
The New Batman Adventures - Joker, $28
The New Batman Adventures - Girls Night Out 5-pack, $80

51 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Release dates for these have been very hit or miss, unfortunately.  As I've said, though, it's worth it to wait for deals.  I haven't paid more than $20 for any of the single figures in quite awhile.

I noticed some figures going for over $60 on Amazon and wasn't sure if they were really that scarce or if it was just price-gouging. Seems like the latter.

How have people solved the issue on Man-Bat's arms falling out? One review recommended electrical tape. I tend to use clear nail polish on Minimates pegs that need thickening.

I would be surprised if any of them are that scarce.  I do know that there's a lot of them available from Amazon for good prices, and I've also seen them as part of sales from places like Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store.  Definitely worth hunting around for.

I picked up Ra's and finally Freeze this weekend with some store credit.

My Ra's legs are pretty loose. He can stand just fine, but it's a little worrisome. The cape helps. Unsure why he comes with gripping hands and no sword (there wasn't even a spot for it in the packaging, so I know it wasn't missing).

Anyone else have problems plugging the spider legs into Freeze's collar? I couldn't get any of them in, and ended up stressing the plastic on one of them by pushing too hard. :confused:

I've noticed that a lot with these figures. Like with Riddler it shows in the little instruction thing a hand designed to do the dainty cane holding pose. No such hand exists. It's just kinda odd really. They cut features but still show they're there. 

It's a good thing these figures are plentiful. As a late-comer, that Expressions set is particularly tempting as a first TAS Batman purchase. I definitely wanted that big cape, though. The quality control better be perfect after all these delays.

EDIT: Someone at Fwoosh is checking with DCC regarding that big cape. So many images, so much confusion about what exactly is in this SKU.

Edited by MisterPL

Bad news from CaptSpock over at TheFwoosh:

It's official guys- the big cape in the expressions set is gone. I just received the reply from Kevin Kiniry:

"The only time we showed the big outstretch cape was in a catalog shot I believe early on. It was way too expensive and so when we solicited the item in the Diamond Previews catalog, the cape was removed. There are still 3 capes total- 1 standard, 1 cloth, 1 plastic with a little bit of flow to it for some drama. 

Hope that clears it up for you!"

• 3 weeks later...

Got another couple figures Saturday as belated birthday presents; Nightwing and Harley. That brings my collection up to a whopping four figures since I started it last month. I'm definitely having fun catching up and finding bargains and I've been assured by my wife there are a couple more figures on the way! (She's a keeper.)

Did anyone pick up the latest releases? I'm curious what people think of Fire Suit Batman, Firefly, and the Bat-Signal.

Not yet.  I'm still waiting out Gordon and Ras.  I did get the Demon/Klarion set the other day, which is amazing.  It even inspired me to put together a Klarion Minimate quick custom (although I can't find any of the cats from my Aliens sets... and I know I've got two.  Dammit).  Also, the Batmobile price has been dropping on Amazon; I just got warehouse deal for (slightly) under $50.  I couldn't pass it up, even though I have no idea where I will put it.  BTW, if you're looking for deals, there were a bunch of these in BBTS' Fall Clearance.

I was having some decent luck finding them on Amazon for around $17–$18 but I'll definitely check out BBTS. My LCS also has quite a few on the pegs for around $22 each but I've got a gift card on the way. I'm thinking about using it essentially as a personal 50% off sale. Wish I'd had a Hastings in my area. I heard they were getting rid of stuff months ago for under $8. Oh well.

That Batmobile is like furniture. At the prices I've seen, getting the first one is tempting but I prefer the deluxe version. As a newbie, it's a better value but I'm patiently waiting for that to drop a bit, too. And the Bat-signal is definitely a bonus.

Got another figure from MrsPL last night. After saying, "My wife got me Poison Ivy for my birthday," most people would ask, "What the hell did you DO?" But in this circle of acquaintances, it's understood.

The bad news is I have to wait until Christmas for the others she ordered. :(

Because I'm now a sucker for anything Timmiverse, I picked up the Gods and Monsters figures at my LCS yesterday since they were in the clearance bin. I'm thinking about using that spare Kirk Langstrom noggin that comes with Batman to make a custom pre-Man-Bat. All I need is a character who looks like they're in a lab coat. (This would be so much easier with Minimates.)