UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be the black tux like their other Mad Love set. confused.gif

I’m upset this set, in both versions, has been “well that’s a nice variant, I don’t want the metalic repaint though...”

Would it be so hard for them to just leave the Black suit Joker in and replace JUST Harley?! Is this some kind of weird licensing thing where they can only make versions from the show so a Black Suit Joker was off the table? It’s crazy.

• 3 months later...

BTAS Batman seems to have jumped the release schedule a fair bit. Picked him up with comics this past week. Ivy was also there, but I passed for the time being. I'll probably grab her later.

He's cool and all, but I do feel just a tinge of disappointment. He's got no swivels at his boots, which hits his posabilty pretty hard. The sculpt's pretty good, though, and he looks nice with the rest of the line.

BatmanTAS2.jpg

How old is Robin supposed to be there? I thought he was in his late teens? Bats looks cool, I'm glad you like him. Are you getting the Bat Mobile?

• 2 months later...

And I am super surprised myself that they didn't throw in a Andrea Beaumont alt head. Maybe they would have if she'd received an individual release?

I don’t think they would have given her an unmasked head as a stand alone figure, none of the other characters have received one, especially since the character/persona/whatever of “the Phantasm” is supposed to appear male. That would lead to either a female bodied Phantasm that has to be displayed unmasked to look on-model or a male bodied Andrea that has to be displayed mask on to look on-model.

I don’t disagree we need an unmasked Phantasm and I know other people want an Andrea figure too since the request for an alternate head has been made since Phantasm was announced, but I think she of all the characters who’d require an unmasked head is most deserving of a second release with a new body sculpt. (Preferably a Kenner Style one with a removable mask, so I can display female Andrea unmasked, male Masked Phantasm, and off-model but still cool masked female Phantasm and have it all living in the big city!) Unlike the inevitable Unmasked versions of the two Batmans, two Harleys, and one Catwoman we’ve already got, now THOSE should have been pack in extra heads I know I’m gonna get charged $22 for...

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Trekker 42 said:

I wish they'd do more BTAS and Less TNBA. We're getting the bad redesign of Riddler and Catwoman from TNBA before we get a BTAS Mr. Freeze, Two-Face, and Scarecrow. That's kinda sad. 

I've read Poison Ivy was there, too.

If that's true then I'm quite happy. Freeze and Ivy are one of the last ones I felt like I was missing, what with Gordon and Ra's ready and Clayface coming out. Pretty much leaves a BTAS Two-Face and Scarecrow and I'll have all my favorites. Miiiight pick up Croc if he hits. 

Ivy and Freeze are going to be my gateway drugs...i can tell.
I'm going to try and buy them, but none of the others.... but it's going to take a lot of will power to not go all in on this line.

I mentioned this earlier in this thread, but make sure you're looking at Amazon for these.  DCC prices have gone up so much, you need to look for deals.  A lot of the earlier figures have been discounted, and if you wait you can often find Amazon warehouse deals for these.  I don't think I've paid more than $20 for any of these in months. Patience pays off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well happy Batman Day to me. I saw a Batman figure from TNBA at the shop this morning for 20% and convinced myself I could actually stop right there. In reality, of course, I'm just starting a downward spiral into another plastic crack addiction. 

I haven't even opened it yet in case I sober up and decide to sell it. That's part on the denial. 

I actually agonized over whether to buy Batman or the Man-Bat sitting next to it. Man-Bat's one of my favorite characters but it didn't feel right walking out without a Batman figure on Batman Day and I thought it'd be easier to keep this impulse buy to one figure if I got the titular character. After all, if you have Man-Bat, you gotta have Batman, am I right? See? More denial. 

Anyway... Yeah. I caved. Bat-caved.