UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I opened Batman in the store (not that it would've done much good, they were out of him, so I wouldn't have been able to get a replacement), and moved all the joints carefully before placing him back in the packaging, and he was good.

Let's hope he stays that way when I'm able to take him out of storage for display whenever I can get my own place.

I have the rest still on hold, so we'll see one at a time, I guess, lol.

Ho-lee-sheeeeeit. NA Scarecrow still gives me the willies. I've got the "Making Of" BTAS book, and it mentions that the team "isn't even sure Scarecrow is wearing a mask anymore" when they reflect on this look. Didn't expect him so soon. Amazing; good to see how far out this line is still expected to reach.

Ventriloquist winning the poll would be lovely; i missed out on his The Batman figures, but Scareface's TAS look is classic anyway. Shame about Ivy, though. That'd be the perfect Ivy figure. Still, good knowing she's on the short list and she's the immediate second anyway.

That poll *has* to just be a “generate excitement about figures we’re going to make” poll and not a “we’re judging to see if people actually want these characters” poll because there’s no way they wouldn’t make any of them.

That said, the fact Dark Knight Returns Batman and Robin are on the list fills my heart with joy, not just because I love DKR but because it means they’re considering one-off character designs... I’m hoping this means Tygrus is on the table for a future release.

I wish I could see Scarecrow's hips to see if those unsightly peg holes have been covered. (Which is all kinds of ironic, I know.)

Since he’s probably a prototype or still just a render it wouldn’t matter anyway, we saw Wave 1 in full with no hip-holes up until they showed pictures of the production samples a month before they came out.

I’m much more worried we haven’t seen any production samples of Joker/Ivy/Robin/Man-Bat (Man-Bat we’ve never even seen a finally articulation version of yet, they claim he’ll have 18 points but haven’t shown anything besides the 5 point mock-up) they said they would fix the problem before “the next wave” I’m beginning to fear they meant the Harley wave and wave 2 still has the peg holes.

I'd forgotten about that. This is one reason that I haven't jumped on this line. I'm waiting for the apology figures, multipacks of the first wave that'll feature corrected hips and hopefully better QC. (Not that any such plans have been revealed, I'm just ridiculously optimistic.)