UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my Batman and Catwoman today from BBTS (Freeze and Two-Face have to until January now, they should have come out sooner if they wanted to be shipped before the holiday season, it’s their own fault)

and while I haven’t opened them yet (I’m taking ZERO chances, I’m going to carefully cut them out of their boxes then soak them in a nice hot pot of water to loosen them but I haven’t the time yet... I did how however draw a bath tub and say “I’ll draw them a bath to loosen their joints” then laugh and wonder why Bruce didn’t strike Alfred for making that horrible joke to begin with.) But they look really nice... I’m excited

EDIT:Carefully cut them open, boiled them for a little bit, and they’re FAN-F**KING-TASTIC! My Batman has a bum knee (it’s stuck, and even after boiling won’t budge) but I didn’t plan on moving it anyway so that’s fine... both of my Catwomen (got one for a custom... I need to repaint her in modern colors and sculpt some goggles) are flawless...

Edited by dr baghead

There's a lot of other characters I'd want to see before Superman got square-pegged into the line, it's bad enough only getting one Animated Series fig in half the waves. But apparently Batman was the top-selling toy for Diamond last month so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a similar JLU line in the works. I'm hoping that that Gotham show being around makes Alfred and Gordon more likely to show up at some point.

You know, I see everyone post about how they just want them to skip to JLU, but I really don't want them to do that. I'd rather the line naturally progress to Superman and Batman Beyond and then go to JLU. Superman and BB never get proper toylines, while JLU kinda did. And, if I'm totally honest (get ready for the blasphemy) I don't think JLU's as good as the others. Sure, it's a really good show, but it lacks a lot of the heart and charm of the earlier shows, and it doesn't stand the test of time the way the others do.

Nope, I'm with you, GL. I would love this to be The Definitive Line of the most comprehensive Batman animated figures ever. Once DCC has milked this, then they can move on to Batman Beyond and JLU but first things first. wink.png

That said, I have to wonder how deep they'll be willing to go with only Batman and Robin as anchors. I'd have argued that Batgirl could have anchored a wave.

Then Teen Titans...then Young Justice...then Green Lantern The Animated Series (it would be a short line, but I'd still want every figure).

I'd rather the line naturally progress to Superman and Batman Beyond and then go to JLU. Superman and BB never get proper toylines, while JLU kinda did.

I agree.

And, if I'm totally honest (get ready for the blasphemy) I don't think JLU's as good as the others. Sure, it's a really good show, but it lacks a lot of the heart and charm of the earlier shows, and it doesn't stand the test of time the way the others do.

I agree. It's not a bad show. I'd really just want (more articulated, in scale) figures to get more characters that were never in the better shows (Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Hawk & Dove, etc).

I'd really have no issue replacing my DC Universe Classics with a line of 6" animated figures. Just fix the bad QC (well, do that regardless).

(And yes, I know Young Justice got a line of articulated, 6" scale, animation-faithful figures, but they were impossible to find for me, overpriced when I did find them, and didn't last very long.)

B:TAS > Young Justice, Brave and the Bold > JLU > Superman: the Animated Series > Justice League, Batman Beyond, Green Lantern, Super Friends > The Batman, Legion of Super Heroes, Teen Titans, Static Shock, Krypto, Swamp Thing, Aquaman, Plastic Man

This is the definitive ranking.

Edited by karamazov80

I feel that STAS is better than JLU. Part of that may be Tim Daly vs George Newbern. Newbern grew on me eventually, but he always felt like a poor man's substitute for Daly. He always sounded like he needed to blow his nose.

All that said, once I've got my Batman and Superman lines, I would buy the crap out of JLU. I echo Tenmine's sentiment of this being a replacement for DCUC.

Edited by Glantern

hellpop, on 15 Dec 2014 - 19:31, said:

This thread has taken a turn to blasphemy, I see.

I know... That list left off Batman: the Brave and the Bold!!! They got WORSE figures then Superman and Batman Beyond, THEY DESERVE ANOTHER CHANCE MORE THEN YOUNG JUSTICE!

Also, Static Shock and Freakazoid... don’t care if they’re not technically DC Universe shows (although Static did eventually crossover) they never got toys so they should be made too! (I mean, Bruce Timm designed Freakazoid! That has to count for something!)

I feel that STAS is better than JLU. Part of that may be Tim Daly vs George Newbern. Newbern grew on me eventually, but he always felt like a poor man's substitute for Daly. He always sounded like he needed to blow his nose.

I feel like Newbern ought to have been Superman while Daly played Clark. Newbern's biggest flaw, to me, was a lack of warmth

DCC posted this on their Facebook page in response to some complaints about breakage:

We want to make sure you have the best possible experience with DC Collectibles products. If you’ve encountered quality issues please email us at DCCOLLECTIBLES@dcentertainment.com and we will do our best to address any issues. Thanks!

Might be worth checking out if anyone has a broken figure.