UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Collectibles' Batman the Animated Series 6" Figures

I was really tempted to get the Lil Gotham Batman when I saw it. Once I get into something...

So I'm glad I'm reading about QC problems with this animated Batman. I'm sure DCC will fix it for the inevitable gift box set that'll include three other characters from the show. [bead of sweat]

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I saw him in the shop and couldn't resist, even though I have them all preordered at BBTS. Got him home, opened him up, the figure I've been dreaming about for 20 years or so... and his foot falls off as I'm taking him out of the package. headslap.gif So, back to the mall, get another figure, take him out very carefully. And he seems fine, but his feet are still kind of wonky. And, from what I read, I'm not alone with this problem. I love the figure, though. Such a nice sculpt. I'm not a big fan of multiple hands, personally, as it just seems like something more to loose, and some of these don't really seem to offer much. But I love the extra cape, and LOVE the stand. I don't usually use stands, but this one's too sharp not to (and will, hopefully, take some pressure off those gimpy ankles).

As cool as that is, is it weird that I still kinda want the video game colored one more?

Nope! I think the NES one looks fantastic, I saw an open on at TRU and really considered buying it (decided against it since I have enough Batmen) I have no desire what-so-ever to own the regular colored version, although I do appreciate the legal loop jumping NECA’s gone through to make it happen (now if only DST would find similar loopholes to make Batman ’66 minimates... couldn’t WB sell them as a bonus with the complete series or something?!)

Picked up Catwoman at my LCS tonight. She's pretty decent. Every single one had the eye paint slightly off from the mold lines and i did wind up with a duplicate gripping hand but besides that no issues. Her ankles, though smaller than Batman's, actually weren't stuck. They moved nice an freely like most of her other joints, though i took heat to everything just in case. Isis is fully articulated too, which i didn't know going in! Her stand is also different from Batman's; it has an extra set of prongs that allow you to decide how far out the bar goes. It's neat but a bit of an eyesore.

Still, decent figure. She was my least anticipated of the wave but i'm happy with her. Bring on Harvey!

Thr paint isn't as exact as i would like. She's nice. And as hellpop said, the extras do add to her appeal. I just feel like with a really clean simple design like this, where the cartoons 2D image has been sculpted so nicely into 3D, any paint slop is sadly very noticeable.

God those hips kill me. And on my most wanted character! Gah! DCC just isn't my jam, they are consistantly inferior to Marvel products. No matter how much I love the property I just can't get into them.

Edited by minijames

I think I'm gonna try to fill the hip holes w some Apoxie. If i just use a little I don't think it will interfere w the articulation.

this.

The figures are painted not colored plastic so color matching shouldn’t be much of an issue (I’m assuming Two-Face is paint too, if he’s white plastic he’s f**ked) filling the holes should be easy as pie.

I just hope the rumors are true the holes are fixed as of series 2 (I’m still getting all of them, I’ve put up with waaaaaay worse QC)

God those hips kill me. And on my most wanted character! Gah! DCC just isn't my jam, they are consistantly inferior to Marvel products. No matter how much I love the property I just can't get into them.

Exactly the reason me and my roommate went from for sure purchase to absolutely ignored.

Those damned hips.

Had they released them as initially advertised, there would be no issues. Besides the QC stuff.

Exactly the reason me and my roommate went from for sure purchase to absolutely ignored.

Those damned hips.

Had they released them as initially advertised, there would be no issues. Besides the QC stuff.

Are you guys talking about how the pegs are visible? How did they originally look?