UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6th HT Iron Man Mark III BD help

Shanester

I have been offered a Hot Toys Iron Man MK III Battle Damaged figure for one of my figures. I would like a modern IM 1/6th for my collection, but have not owned one or put a lot of thought into which one. The MK3 BD looks pretty good from what I can tell and would satisfy my desire to have one, I think, but I don't know much about these. Is there anything I need to look out for? I know some IM models had issues with paint discoloring or fading and there have been complaints of easy breakage. Just wondering what you guys think of the figure. Thanks!

I've got a BD MKIII, and there aren't really any issues that I recal with it, the fading was a problem with some MK IV if I recall correctly.

Personally, the MKIII BD was a great figure, but HT has improved a lot since then and there is speculation that they might revisit that armor, possibly as a die-cast figure. The MK VII from Avengers is my personal fave, but the prices have gotten a bit looney.

That's the good thing about Hot Toys, there's always ano ther Iron Man around the corner...

What figure would you be giving up for it?

A SSC Stormtrooper EX, which is a good deal on my end, IMO. I just don't know what to look out for and was originally more interested in the MK VII. I'm really just not sure. I'll probably do it, because a new SSC Stormtrooper is inevitable.

I had that one. The armor/body design is dated at this point, and as usual, the Stark portrait isn't great, though that might still be among the best they've done. Has a cool base. I do recall some underwear fading problems, but I might be misremembering.

If you want the Mark VII, which I believe is the best Iron Man HT has done yet (and has both "clean" and battle damaged options), then I would go for the trade, and then sell or trade for the Mark VII. Looks like the Mark III BD version, if complete and in good condition, goes for $400+ on eBay. More on average than a Mark VII.

I also think the Mark III is going to be re-released by HT at some point. In fact, they had a prototype of it a few years back. It's the only major armor from the first film not to get that treatment (not including the BD version), which is odd since it is also the most important.

Edited by karamazov80