UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 2014 Toys R Us Fan Poll Boxset

youbastards

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've asked about Miracleman more than once, both in person and via AskDST, and the last I'd heard was that he's not available yet. I know Chuck wants to do him and has asked about him, though. Miracleman Family would make an excellent box set....

I found some of these tonight, surprisingly, at a store a few towns away from home. This is the first time i've found a TRU boxset in store since the Cap TTA set.

Nice set, and the extra tall risers on Hulk and Thanos help to proportion them better.

Zach, something that you might want to run up the ladder, now that we're getting more "bulked up" 'mates, maybe it's time to make a long waist peg that extends the full length of the chest block.

While these "bulked up" mates are better proportioned by the waist risers, they tend to fall apart at the waist due to the standard length waist peg barely extending into the chest block.

I found a fair selection of these at my local TRU. My set seems to have a lot of issues with paint getting things stuck. I have yet to able to remove any of the head pieces. I also find that I prefer Hulk without the extra riser, for whatever reason. I like Thanos a lot, but otherwise, I think I'm more excited for the leftovers being released in TRU 19

Zach, something that you might want to run up the ladder, now that we're getting more "bulked up" 'mates, maybe it's time to make a long waist peg that extends the full length of the chest block.

While these "bulked up" mates are better proportioned by the waist risers, they tend to fall apart at the waist due to the standard length waist peg barely extending into the chest block.

Agree 100%!

Anyone seen these in IL by chance?

Not Orland Park, Downers Grove (Butterfield), or Bloomingdale. (Or TMNT at any of them either.) :confused:

Pics, anyone who has them?

Anyone on the pics? My TRU rarely stocks so it will be a while til I get them

smashmaster when will we see your video review? I am dyin over here

As am I.

I'll put out a review of it sometime next week! I'm currently finishing my first semester of college, so my schedule is swamped. That, and my recording equipment is at home...

Point is, I'll get it up sometime soon! That, and Turtles

Also I took some dorm-quality pictures!

The Box:

jP0FrEv.jpg?1

Cap and Hulk:

nQgOg7c.jpg?2

e563MGc.jpg?1

Cap's extras:

J6irIzG.jpg?1

Thanos and Thane:

HGEF3v4.jpg?1

YF9QJ6z.jpg?1

Initial thoughts?

I like it.

Cap is okay, but I'm really disappointed that he has the Iron Man 3 MK 42 arms.

Hulk is really cool. I thought the finger-less gloves were a nice touch.

Thanos is huge! He even towers over Hulk! His helmet is a bit stuck, though, so I'll have to do the warm-water trick when I get home. Still a rad figure.

Thane is...Thane? I didn't actually read Infinity. He looks nice, though. I like how on the back of the box it mentions he's the "New Character" from the set.

Also, why is the Toys 'R' Us sticker right on the logo? It makes it look like INFIN'R'Y

Edited by Smashmaster12

Here's a few pictures I took

Group:

Infinity1.jpg

New Thanos vs Old Thanos:

Infinity4.jpg

New Hulk vs Old Hulk:

Infinity3.jpg

Thanos with his proper Gauntlet:

Infinity2.jpg

Also, my Cap's helmet isn't budging at all. I've tried several different methods of getting it off, but it's not happening. That thing's not coming off in one piece

Edited by Glantern