UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 2014 Toys R Us Fan Poll Boxset

youbastards

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Followed Zachs link and not a single store in New Hampshire carries these or the newest wave. Still haven't found the last wave either. This is pretty disappointing to be honest. I used to clear out my local TRU between me and my kids.

Followed Zachs link and not a single store in New Hampshire carries these or the newest wave. Still haven't found the last wave either. This is pretty disappointing to be honest. I used to clear out my local TRU between me and my kids.

TRU 19 has not been spotted anywhere yet. And the box sets may still be trickling out to the border states.

I'm comparing the head of the nearest /most recent Minimate that is nearby to me (Kraang) with the picture of Thane's head . Kraang's head....& everything else regards his paintwork...is perfect . Thane ....whose paintwork would seem to me so much simpler looks awful . Why is that ?

Are the moulding marks (?) on Thane's head just a trick of the light in the photo ?

I just opened up my box set. The helmets on Cap and Thanos were on really tight but with a little work (and a small flat head screwdriver) I was able to get them off. And I think the face tampos are set up too high for the helmets. Thanos eyes are almost completely hidden and Caps are hard to see due to the way the helmet forces the head forward.

My Thanos popped in half when I tried to get him out of the tray. Same with Hulk. I know it has been mentioned but a longer waist peg would have made these close to perfect. Keeping them from falling apart when posing and playing around is a real hassle.

My Thane looks about as close to perfect as I could expect. No torso marks and the top of the head tampos are nearly flawless (just a slight smidge too far to the right but totally within the margin of error, and at least the arrows are lined up correctly). I think Thane would make a good base for a Man of Steel movie style Sinestro if you had another gold hand to replace the claw hand.

Cap, the one I was most looking forward to and what made me buy the set, is a bit of a disappointment. His helmet stuck, the collar on the space suit interferes slightly with the helmet and hair and the range of motion in the shoulders is lacking, even with the space suit harness moved up and out of the way. He'll look good as a display piece with a blank or clear head though so I'm okay with it I guess.

Overall I wasn't too thrilled with this set. I didn't have high expectations for it and only bought it for a couple figures but a few flaws add up to a mediocre group.I bought it mostly for the space suit Cap and to have a Thanos for my movie GotG 'mates. If the Hulk and Thanos figs had waist pegs that were long enough to hold them together I wouldn't be as disappointed. The helmets and even Caps shoulders I can deal with. But when 2 of 4 figures fall apart easily it kinda takes some of the fun out of them.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, I know I'm way behind on getting it, but I never saw these at my local TRU, so I finally ordered off TRU.com. The Hulk and Thane are whatever, I dig that bulked up Thanos, even though I'm more an old school guy and would love a classic Thanos in that size too. But seriously - I LOVE that space Cap.

For some reason, I am always amused by the ridiculousness of comic book logic of "cover up the arms, strap on a helmet, and that'll protect you in space". Now I just need more pieces to space out some of my other figures! I'm thinking of Original Sin when they were on the moon, with Cap, Winter Soldier, Black Widow, maybe a Nick Fury.....so many possibilities!