UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 2014 Toys R Us Fan Poll Boxset

youbastards

Found a few sets in Wilkes-Barre, PA.

- Not happy with Cap's shoulders. Range of motion in limited on that guy.

- Hulk just wants to break in half due to a short waist peg. That and his foot holes are too big for the stand peg.

- Thanos is a little better. Loving the bulk.

- Thane is perfect.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this set in the mail yesterday. (It apparently takes TRU.com several days to update an online account to show an item has shipped.) Overall, it's a good set with a few minor problems. Captain America initially looks cool, but those MK42 arms really restrict movement, and the paint apps on the shield are very sloppy. Otherwise, it's a cool figure. Oh, I really like his hairpiece. It suits him very well. Is that the same piece that was used on the earlier NOW! Hulk? Speaking of... Hulk is very cool, but have two complaints. One is the design of his belt/waist area. It's got a yellow circle that falls right on the seam. That drives me crazy. They don't sit smoothly together, and it just makes me twitch. The second problem is the waist peg. Way, way, way too short. Hulk and Thanos keep falling apart. Those two falling apart was the only complaint my five year old had with the set. Thanos, aside from the waist thing, is pretty amazing. The helmet is slightly off, but once you get it pried off, you can sit it slightly higher on his head, and it looks fine IMO. The proportions on Thanos are just right, and the overall effect is that I think aesthetically he might be my favorite bulked up Minimate. Thane is Thane. There is much to be said for vanilla 'mates.

I'm still not finding this set.

Where are people finding it in the store? Marvel stuff? Video game/movie stuff with the other Minimates (Clerks/Tomb Raider/Walking Dead)?

I obviously check every aisle, but I've come up empty handed in a handful of stores. sad.png

I also found it in the Marvel aisle, but the odd thing is that out of the two stores near me, one store had a ton of these and the other store only had one set. Maybe get the item number off the website and check with the store to see if they have the sets or even ordered them

Out of the three TRU's near me only one stocked the Marvel boxset. Yet all three got in the Clerks boxset. I wonder if part of the shipment along w series 19 is still waiting to be sent out from the ports.

That is weird, mine also has about five Clerks sets and no Infinity.

I had ordered three in store for home delivery the week before Christmas. Monday before X-mas, I got an envelope containing my order - with only one set inside.

I promptly called customer service to say what happened. I think they are going to send the other two out to me, but they have not gotten here yet, not have I received a new ship update. If they don't come soon, I may go I to my local TRU and ask them to refund two of the items.

Fortunately I found a case worth (or so) at the TRU by my Grandma's on Christmas Eve, so I was able to compare paint and get at least one good paint job set. The Thanes I saw had many a miss-aligned top of the head sticker. And don't get me started on Cap's As.

Ten, you're killing me here.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=49579016

The site will tell you exactly which stores have it, if you say "Free pick-up in store" and then click "Select store." No need to drive to stores and look for yourself.

Or you can order it. I don't know how much shipping is, but they're selling this set for $15, which MUST take some of the pain out of it.

I'm sure someone will have tales of why the inventory-finder doesn't work, and maybe you don't like to order sight unseen, but they both seem like reasonable options.

Edited by DSTZach

None of my stores carried Marvel Wave 18 TRU Wave 17 either. I haven't seen any Marvel comic-based minimates on sale in a Toys R Us store since the AVX Box Set.

TOYS R US/BABIES R US - DEDHAM [7507]:
Distance from your location: 2 miles

DEDHAM, MA 02026
unavailable Out of stock (or not carried) at this store. 2.
BABIES R US - BRAINTREE [6383]:
Distance from your location: 7 miles

BRAINTREE, MA 02184
unavailable Out of stock (or not carried) at this store. 3.
BABIES R US - EVERETT [6443]:
Distance from your location: 10 miles

EVERETT, MA 02149
unavailable Out of stock (or not carried) at this store. 4.
TOYS R US - MEDFORD [6928]:
Distance from your location: 10 miles

MEDFORD, MA 02155

unavailable Out of stock (or not carried) at this store.

Edited by pappymojo

The store I asked (even with picture reference on my phone) couldn't find it on the public website. I watched him do 3 separate searches for me, using all manner of different words. Nothing came up.

"3 separate" meaning he searched the website with multiple terms (1 search), and two different TRU store systems, not that he only did three searches on the website. Spent 20 minutes staring at the computer with the guy.

Edited by TENIME_art

Dixie Highway?

Also, Chris, if you searched for it and have the item number, then he should be able to find it on the website with that item number. SHOULD.

Yeah. It's ON their site. Next time you're at a store, just get someone else to try. They use a special login for free shipping, but it still goes to the same damned website.

Whole lotta "out of stock (or not carried at this store)"s. confused.gif

Sight-unseen it is. Let's hope I don't get screwed by TRU online again.

EDIT: $8 in shipping. Fantastic. So much for a $15 set.

FUTRU.gif

Its showing in stock at a couple stores near me. I can swing by this weekend and see if I can get a set for you. Interested? How picky are you about paint?