UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 2014 Toys R Us Fan Poll Boxset

youbastards

The investment-to-production-cost ratio on a figure is much different than on a vehicle. We've actually prototyped -- not just designed, PROTOTYPED! -- MULTIPLE vehicles, and not pulled the trigger on them, because tooling a vehicle from the ground up is expensive. Tooling a hair piece, torso cover and a sword costs much less.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"That said, I have a small amount of art in my possession I'm not going to show anybody, because it's for characters that never got made. I may have sent out one or two by accident, but the rest are safe."

So are these figures getting made? Whats your secret?

Stopped by my TRU again today, and they had a whole peg full of them.

I managed to get the helmet off of Thanos after a little bit of wiggling. He's definitely cool, but something about his face bugs me. Maybe if I can find an Infinity Gauntlet set for a decent price, I'll try putting that head on him. I'll probably custom make him a gauntlet, too.

For as much as I don't care about him, Thane's pretty cool. The tampo work on him is really slick, and I like the clawed left hand. As neat as the Hulk and Cap are, they'll probably get broken down for parts. I just don't need more of them.

If the effort that went into these goes into the new Iron Man armor and Ronan (and by extension TRU 19), I'll be one happy camper.

There were 10-12 in the Watchung, NJ store. They look OK, did not want to spend $15 yet though - maybe it will grow on me. I like the armored Hulk.

"That said, I have a small amount of art in my possession I'm not going to show anybody, because it's for characters that never got made. I may have sent out one or two by accident, but the rest are safe."

There is no plan to make any of them, that I know of, and for most of them I can't imagine that will change. Although I think one of them was Armored Hulk, oddly enough. I think we did both looks back when we planned the first Marvel now assortment.

There is no plan to make any of them, that I know of, and for MOST of them I can't imagine that will change. Although I think one of them was Armored Hulk, oddly enough. I think we did both looks back when we planned the first Marvel now assortment.

Keyword: Most. Not all.

Sorry Zach just started a riot.

I sincerely doubt that 90s X-Factor would be on a list of "figures never getting made." I personally don't think they're quite as pivotal as some people do, but for god's sake, we got a mostly complete X-Force line-up. If we can get that, I can't imagine they'd flat out say no to X-Factor

Probably along the lines of the remaining P5, the hammer powered mighty, stuff like that.

Man remember that SDCC when we got the thunderbolts and 2 dark avengers sets and those were just marvel exclusives. I wish more sdcc's/cons had multiple classic marvel sets