UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 2014 Toys R Us Fan Poll Boxset

youbastards

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does thanos come with an INFIN'R'Y Gauntlet?

Gawd, that Cap is such a huge waste of space.

Thanks for the pics though. I may just keep Thanos and Thane and send the rest to my little brother.

It makes me cringe hearing so many complaints about cap. He was the one I wanted most from this set :(

I quite like Cap ........are there many complaints except for the fact that Cap's helmet is a bit stiff ? Things could be worse blink.png

I'm having a run of seized parts on Minimates lately , all the usual boiling/freezing methods seemingly fail . I'm not kidding around when I suggest that you just leave them (out of the packet) at room temperature (70 degrees F for the more pedantic amongst us) for a day or so . I have no logical idea why this would work but it worked for me ! I'd given up with a couple of figures & had just left them on my desk ,then hey presto I picked them up a day or so later & all was well .

I too think Cap looks great. It's a shame that his shield seems to have such sloppy paint, but thankfully I've got a few extra shields. Thanos looks really cool too. I love his size. I preordered this set from TRU, so it will be... interesting to see how that works out. I hate trying to brave TRU this time of year.

I actually don't mind Cap. I just think that after getting two Marvel Now Caps, one of them just a month or two ago, this one feels a bit redundant. And I think the reason his helmet's been stuck as opposed to the other two Caps to use the piece is simply a matter of paint. Paint seems to have been applied a little thicker on these guys.

For me, the only area in which the IG Thanos "smokes" the new one is that he has an Infinity Gauntlet and the new one does not. But then, I've never really cared for the IG Thanos, even when he was new.

How much did these sell for in the stores? They were $14.99 online not too long ago.

If you look at the first pic Smashmaster12 posted, you can just make out the price tag on the peg. $14.99. Not bad. Edited by MINI_MYTE

I can't complain about the character selection since everyone in the poll is being produced. Kinda made the poll moot in a way.

To be fair, that's been true of all the poll sets except Cap TTA and Secret Wars. And with Secret Wars we ended essentially getting all of them in the long run.

I can't complain about the character selection since everyone in the poll is being produced. Kinda made the poll moot in a way.

To be fair, that's been true of all the poll sets except Cap TTA and Secret Wars. And with Secret Wars we ended essentially getting all of them in the long run.

We never got the angry energy beyonder or energy photon...

In addition to what's mentioned above...

Wave 50 fan selection poll is missing a bunch of characters too!

Kinda made your post moot in a way. ;)

Edited by Pete

Yeah but i dont remember the wave 50 poll showing control art for the other options like secret wars did. I came across the beyonder and photon art yesterday and was like "Oh yeah, Dammit the window has passed wallbash.gif " and if I had seen the art for possible 50 mates like Vengeance or mindless ones I would be quite perturbed.

Yeah but i dont remember the wave 50 poll showing control art for the other options like secret wars did. I came across the beyonder and photon art yesterday and was like "Oh yeah, Dammit the window has passed wallbash.gif " and if I had seen the art for possible 50 mates like Vengeance or mindless ones I would be quite perturbed.

To be fair, the Beyonder control art was used for the New Mutants Sunspot, so we essentially got that figure too

The polls decide what gets released, and how. When all the figures are a lock, the poll decides what makes the four pack vs. the supplementary pack. When they aren't all a guarantee, the poll decides what gets into the four pack, and the remaining figures fate seems to hang in the balance of the four-pack's performance

If we'd done the full designs for all of Series 50's poll options, we probably would have produced even more of them by now. It's a decent investment, so why waste it?

That said, I have a small amount of art in my possession I'm not going to show anybody, because it's for characters that never got made. I may have sent out one or two by accident, but the rest are safe. Man. I wish the first two Fear Itself sets had come out quicker and sold better.

GMonkey2K, don't let anyone get you down about Cap. He's awesome.

And we have a long waist peg, but I think it's missing the actual waist piece, it was used a lot for Halo. Not sure what our plans are.