UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 2014 Toys R Us Fan Poll Boxset

youbastards

Hail Ivan times infinity in advance.

Seriously, the only armored Hulk I want is World War Hulk!

I assume you mean a new one?

fig0957flg.jpg

Has anyone ever bulked this guy up using existing parts, or do none of the greens match?

Nope, I was saying about this WWH indeed. I really like him and I don't think we need a bulked one in this case, even appreciating the idea.

However, to don't pass unnoticed, I would appreciate too a Planet Hulk wave with Miek, Hiroim, Korg, No-Name Brood and the Red King. Elloe Kaifi and Lavin Skee would be a courtesy. =)

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have the real OG Thanos and he's one of the coolest looking minimates for what they could do back in the day.

No doubt want the TRU poll Thanos like a lot. I too wonder if he'll get an Infinity Gauntlet though.

Any chance of an Infinity Gauntlet for THIS Thanos, if he gets made?

It's not on the design sheet, so I assume not. We might not have included it, but Marvel might not have approved it.

Newer, fancier add on parts don't necessarily make for a better Minimate. In fact, in many cases it is quite the opposite.

Not sure the gif was necessary. If you don't like what I have to say, that's fine, but don't enlist Edward Norton in your argument! He's one of my favorite actors, and I take his disgust seriously. biggrin.png

And I didn't say "better," I said "adequate." The line has obviously evolved to include both sculpted and non-sculpted Minimates. Heck, according to this year's MMMV awards show, Abomination is one of the top two figures most in need of an update, and I'm pretty sure that's because he doesn't look right next to any new, bigger Hulk. People want him bulked-up.

If you like basic Minimates, we've made a lot of them,and we still make them -- Thane should be right up your alley -- and we already have two basic Thanoses (Thani?). So now we're getting a new one that is different from the others, rather than exactly the same. I'm sure there are those who would rather we made a new skinny one than made a bulked-up one, but I'm sure you could QC a skinny one from the parts you're getting.

I like the fact that we are getting bulked up updates of figures that actually warrant the bulkiness, like Thanos. Now if We could only get a sentinel that was "bulked up" to about 8 inches tall! ;)

I was okay with the way they were, but now that they have started bulking up all the big characters, I feel like they've got to go back and finish the ones that are glaring by their omission. I have an Abomination 'mate that I can't really use with anybody anymore because he's too small to work with any of the modern Hulks, and I don't think he should be the same size as Jubilee.

It was easier to ignore when they all were the same size, but now that the big characters are noticeably larger, he really stands out as being too small. Plus A-Bomb variant...

Edited by Valo487

Newer, fancier add on parts don't necessarily make for a better Minimate. In fact, in many cases it is quite the opposite.

Not sure the gif was necessary. If you don't like what I have to say, that's fine, but don't enlist Edward Norton in your argument! He's one of my favorite actors, and I take his disgust seriously. biggrin.png

And I didn't say "better," I said "adequate." The line has obviously evolved to include both sculpted and non-sculpted Minimates. Heck, according to this year's MMMV awards show, Abomination is one of the top two figures most in need of an update, and I'm pretty sure that's because he doesn't look right next to any new, bigger Hulk. People want him bulked-up.

If you like basic Minimates, we've made a lot of them,and we still make them -- Thane should be right up your alley -- and we already have two basic Thanoses (Thani?). So now we're getting a new one that is different from the others, rather than exactly the same. I'm sure there are those who would rather we made a new skinny one than made a bulked-up one, but I'm sure you could QC a skinny one from the parts you're getting.

Hopefully those blues match up then!

Any chance of an Infinity Gauntlet for THIS Thanos, if he gets made?

It's not on the design sheet, so I assume not. We might not have included it, but Marvel might not have approved it.

>Newer, fancier add on parts don't necessarily make for a better Minimate. In fact, in many cases it is quite the opposite.

Im all for getting the bulky ones I enjoy them. Its kind of sad putting say for instance the first the first version of Rhinio against say for instance the newer Spideys. It just looks off hahaha!

• 1 month later...

Why would it not still be going on? I believe voting is now officially closed, and prototyping has begun. We may announce the results before SDCC, but if not, we will announce there.

I meant the voting, not is the box set still coming.