UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 2014 Toys R Us Fan Poll Boxset

youbastards

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we will be revealing this soon, although I need to check and see when.

fuck-yeah-aww-yeah-l.png

My guess for the line-up (going with the usual 8 figures):

Thanos (Duh)

Doc Strange

Captain Marvel

Thane

Ex Nihilo

Starbrand

Maximus

Black Swan

They are not all of them strickly Infinity related but they were introduced during that time and from issue 1 (both in NA and A) Hickman's been heading there. My ideal picks though would be:

Thanos

Black Swan

Captain Marvel or Doc Strange

Maximus

I'm voting for the Spiderman variant!

Funny thing is, this is one of the few events with which Spidey had nothing to do with. He showed up in some of the tie-in Avengers comics in some non speaking parts and that was it. Maybe because it was still Ock in his mind and Hickman doesn't like handling other's continuity.

Edited by Kostisfire

Funny thing is, this is one of the few events with which Spidey had nothing to do with. He showed up in some of the tie-in Avengers comics in some non speaking parts and that was it. Maybe because it was still Ock in his mind and Hickman doesn't like handling other's continuity.
I wish Spidey had featured, so we could get another version... but alas, you are right.

I expect this to be one of the most diverse box sets in terms of characters.

I am looking forward to Peter Parker being back! Down with Doc Ock. I know some people hated it but it was actually in my opinion a fun read. I always knew Peter Parker would be back. Now if they would put him back with Mary Jane where he belongs.

As far as Kostisfire guesses I would love any of those ones you are guessing at. Come on Cosmic characters!

I am looking forward to Peter Parker being back! Down with Doc Ock. I know some people hated it but it was actually in my opinion a fun read. I always knew Peter Parker would be back. Now if they would put him back with Mary Jane where he belongs.

As far as Kostisfire guesses I would love any of those ones you are guessing at. Come on Cosmic characters!

I myself really enjoyed Ock. He was a breath of fresh air and I MUCH prefer him over OMD-Pete (let's sell our stuff Satan boys). Pete will always be THE spider-man but Ock's up there with Miguel for me.

I wish Spidey had featured, so we could get another version... but alas, you are right.

I expect this to be one of the most diverse box sets in terms of characters.

It'll be Cosmic themed and feature Thanos. That is enough for me to buy it. If they have alternate costumes I may have to buy 2.

Are those confirmed as the choices? This could be a very satisfying box set. Space armor IM is on my NOW wish list, and I could definitely go for a comic-accurate armored Hulk – especially if the armor is sculpted. It will be a little disappointing (although my expectations are pre-adjusted) for the armor to be tampo'd on a standard bulked chest piece.

Honestly, if we can get Ronan out of this set, I'm sold.

Don't we already have a Now Iron Man and Now Hulk?

What a waste, otherwise.

Please don't waste a slot on Thane, who appeared for the grand total of like 5 panels.

I am shooting for Captain (Ms.) Marvel. Hopefully without that tacky fauxhawk.

Edited by Zexion_Armando

my wish for the choices is as such:

Thanos

Ex-Nihlo

Captain Marvel

Godkiller Ironman

Ronan the Accuser

Gladiator

while Thane was one of the central characters, he was very unimportant to the story and i dont really feel the need for him, there are a few others i think would make more plausible choices (Space Hulk, Manifold, updated Black Bolt, Maximus, Spider Woman, Abyss, Starbrand, Abigail Brand, The Builders, Hyperion, Kl'rt, many more) but usually the TRU fan polls give us 6 options with the remaining 2 ending up as a two pack down the line

I know stuff! Except that my test post was live for four hours today. YB told me that.

Ignore Fwoosheyman, he's making stuff up again. :)

LAYLA MILLER CONFIRMED

Some things you don't joke about. Lol

youbastards, on 08 May 2014 - 15:43, said:

Get ready?

Cuz this ain't funny? My name is Mike D and I'm about to get money?

Howdy.

I know stuff! Except that my test post was live for four hours today. YB told me that.

Ignore Fwoosheyman, he's making stuff up again. smile.png

LAYLA MILLER CONFIRMED
Some things you don't joke about. Lol
^This.