UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

travelingMates

Howdy 'Mates!

Aside from my Minimate collection, I have a passion for wanderlust.

I have started but currently improving a travel blog that incorporates our hobby. I hope no one minds if I post some of my travel entries and comic strips here in MMMV from time to time.

This is the "About Me" page of my blog:

I travel and I play. This is my attempt at combining both.

I envision to chronicle all my travels, concentrating on the highlights of a particular place, in the hope of evoking wanderlust and providing tips in maximizing travel enjoyment. As I am also fond of collecting action figures, I bring my toys with me whenever I climb, surf, spelunk, dive, etc. And even if other people stare at me with bewilderment, I pose my toys, shoot them, and imagine them talking with each other.

My travels are never dull, for I have my little mates with me. smile.png

Hope you like it.

If you want to learn more about the places, just shoot me a PM or click on the links below:

http://travelingmates.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/alexis.delatorre.902?ref=bookmark&soft=more

Edited by warburger

• 4 months later...

10344365_1481224732107421_10554889380803

It has been quite some time since I last visited Mt. Maculot. For my previous two climbs, I just did a short trek to reach the Grotto. This time, my travel companions and myself utilized the more challenging Rockies trail.

It was accurately described in pinoymountaineer.com as a minor climb, rated 3/9, and it took us about 3 hours to reach the famous Rock formation.

There were stores selling coconut juice, halo-halo and softdrinks along the trail, so liquid replenishment isn't a problem.

Upon reaching camp, there's a brief steep descent and assault to reach the top of the Rock formation. You will do some very minor rock climbing. Be careful at those jagged rocks, I have bumped my head on one occasion.

At the top, the view was indeed majestic! See the pics for yourself :)

this-rocks-mt-maculot-cuenca-batangas.jp

the-thing-tanning-mt-maculot-cuenca-bata

on-a-high-mt-maculot-cuenca-batangas.jpg

rock-absorption-mt-maculot-cuenca-batang

Edited by warburger

• 1 month later...

Kamana Resort, Zambales, Philippines.

20140606_171155.jpg

It was quite an enjoyable place - swimming, kayaking and snorkeling. Although there was a warning posted by the beachfront regarding jellyfish, no one was stung.

The rooms were clean and the ambiance was serene. Recommended as a place of respite!

IMG_18098058196404.jpeg

IMG_18101694152215.jpeg

IMG_18108080779413.jpeg

IMG_18111318358759.jpeg