UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MST3K Minimates

I always saw it as two box sets:

Set 1: Joel, Tom Servo, Dr. Forrester, Gypsy
Set 2: Mike, Crow, TV's Frank,... Torgo? I dunno. I guess it should be Pearl, but... nah.

Of course, if you do the bots as micro figures, you could indeed do it as one box set (Joel, Mike, Dr. F and Frank). Anyway, who are you trying to kid? You're not making Mystery Science Theater Minimates. The show's been off the air for ten years! But I guess it can't hurt to pitch it... sigh. When I'm crying myself to sleep after the next AskDST comes out, I'm blaming you, Oat.

(btw, Boyd made some great customs ages ago. No Crow though.)

Wanted to post Hellpop's lineups in the new thread for reference. The fourth person in the second wave would be a challenge - Torgo would be great, but getting the rights would be a pain. (Doing a Mike in Torgo Costume figure - that could work).

For future box sets, there's the forgotten robots Cambot and Magic Voice. And the characters from the Sci-Fi years - Pearl Forrester, Brain Guy the Observer, Professor Bobo. And the more obscure characters, like Mike dressed up as Jack Perkins, or the Devil Dogs, or Dr. Forrester's original partner, Dr. Erhardt.

What about accessories? What about a free-standing silhouette of the bots in the theater? Maybe Joel can come with the Movie Sign button? Dr. Forrester with a toxic movie reel?

And why stop at Minimates? Who wouldn't want a MST3K planet logo bank? Or banks of any of the bots? Satellite of Love-shaped ice cubes from the MST3K ice tray? Gypsy oven mitt? Tom Servo gumball machine?

In my question to Chuck, I suggested that there are lots of MST3K things you could make, ice cube trays being a no-brainer. I also would like a planet logo bottle opener or neon sign. And, of course.... Mystery Science Theater 3000 Select.

Dammit, why am I doing this to myself?wallbash.gif

I disagree. Some people probably do want Taco Bell-flavored bubble gum.

Yes, but that leads to many questions:

- Why?

- And what would it taste like? Taco? Burrito? Refried beans? Taco and Doritos?

To sum up - MST3K Minimates would be a great add-in for a Rhino Video MST3K dvd set. Thank you.

- Why?

The more difficult question to answer is: "why not?"

- And what would it taste like? Taco? Burrito? Refried beans? Taco and Doritos?

Doesn't matter. Any way you go, consumers win.

I'm offended you would suggest that. . .

On another note, did everyone here know that you can burn up to 11 calories per hour chewing gum? I don't know about you, but that sure makes me want to go out and buy some gum!

• 4 weeks later...