UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Future Spider-Man Minimates?

Jatta Pake

You guys did... May Parker? And ultimate? But the 616 Spider Girl WAS Arana but is now wearing a modified Julia carpenter costume

That Ultimate Spider-Girl mate.. wow. I'm always taken aback by it. Not familiar with the character but that's gotta be one of the silliest looking things I've ever seen. Looks like Spidey in a bad wig!

fig0817flg.jpg

Photo courtesy of Ivan

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could but I prefer these A-list characters play host to lesser known characters as often as possible.

That what I was thinking, Spider-Man has a hundred different looks and they could give us characters we'd likely never get otherwise by packing them with him.

I think Spiderman and X-Men could support having their own separate line of 'mates. Sort of like what toy biz did back in the 90s.

Man, we were spoiled back then. I really liked the themed lines, it was a great way to get a better, more diverse character selection.

Yeah, but we also got some really weird variations on main characters.

That was after the fact. I'm taking about around 1994 when you had the "classic" X-Men line, the Spider-Man line, Fantastic Four and Iron Man all running at the same time. The variations they did on Wolverine, Spider-Man, etc mostly made sense. It wasn't until a couple years later when they needed a "gimmick" to carry each wave and got carried away with the play features that things got stupid and character variation no longer was a priority. But those two or three good years were amazing.

And some of the more offbeat variations were kind of fun. Like space suit Wolverine, who ended up getting a 'mate, and the Fallen Hero armor on Maestro was so cool it has become a defacto part of the character, and it was invented for the action figure.

Those were the days...

There was definitely a lot of cool stuff. The whole wave with Maestro Hulk really stands out, and we got such a great selection of X-Men and related villains. I still have a lot of those figures. But there were also things like Spider-Man: Water Wars.

• 3 months later...

Love to see a 10 figure boxset like the Iron Man se,t to coincide with the upcoming Spiderverse event.

3818965-9386409540-Spide.jpg

Bag Man / What If FF

Kane scarlet spider

spider ham

Spider hulk / Lizard

Doppelgänger

Noir

Negative Zone

Peter Parker / Quick Change / Wrestler

Unlimited

I can agree with wanting new villains to go along with Spider-variations. Some I'd like to see would be a updated 2099, Scarlet Spider classic and modern and a Spider-Hulk and Spider-Lizard.

Most of all I'd like itif they'd redo six-armed Spider-Man with sculpted on arm joints and nog some bulky chest-cover. And PLEASE with all the webbing around his body, like old times. Include parts for Man-Spider too!

Edited by Mystery Man