UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Future Spider-Man Minimates?

Jatta Pake

Stumbled across this cool graphic on Io9.com. You can probably spot some Spider-Man outfits we haven't yet seen in Minimates form... Paging DST Chuck...

wx4x4pfo2pamsctxyjyc.jpg

What do you think? Should we recreate this graphic in Minimates format?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put me down for a 2099 Spider-Man and Noir Spider-Man as well as updates to Scarlet Spider and Iron Spider.

Also, can we figure out a way to get Spidey's webs on his entire suit on the regular version? Like maybe a regular version with complete webbing on his legs and feet and then maybe later down the road another version with complete webbing on his arms. Then we can combine those versions into a super duper completely detailed Spidey! Eh? EH?

90's Spidey with mullet and huge eyes, proper Iron Spidey, Slingers with alternate heads for the team and for Peter, a civilian Peter circa the college years with Gwen, sixties nerd Peter with books and lab equipment, Spider-Hulk would be dumb fun.

I really, really want more members of his his supporting cast.

Wasn't there also a storyline at one point (90's maybe) where Spiderman had Doc Ock's tentacles?

On a side note, I'd love to see a Doppelganger using the 6 arm Spiderman body with the claw hands from Azazel (X-Men First Class). That was one of my favorite Toy Biz figures as a kid.

P.S. Spider-Hulk!

Edited by MisterMiracle

I kinda wish they made this costume. Not that it is my favorite, but the sculpted parts it would take to make the costume would make great custom parts.

I'd take that look in a two pack with Death's Door Doc Ock.

+1

I started making a list of legitimate costume variations and villains who have yet to be represented or merit a revisit, and I'm up to 36 so far and that's only after five minutes of thinking about it.

Edited by Valo487

Miles Morales greatest claim to fame: Not that he killed off the best Spider-Man in recent years (pre-Untimatium) but that he's half black, half hispanic, and possibly half gay! How insulting to the character that that is all people focus on. :/ That's like having Powergirl be a well rounded and interesting character, and not being able to get past the boob window. Or Batwoman being gay. I'm so glad we live in a culture where focusing on the characters takes precedent over physical characteristics.

Oh, wait...

Okay, here we go:

Villains that we haven't got yet:

Silvermane

Molten-Man

Stegron

The Trapster

The Wizard (not a Spider-Man villain per se buthe hangs around in some of the same circles)

Tombstone

Hammerhead

Overdrive

Boomerang

The Living Brain

The Beetle (Abe Jenkins and Janice Lincoln)

Speed-Demon

Morlun

The Spider-Slayer (Alistair)

The Black Tarantula

Carrion

The Jackal

The Crime Master

Goblin Knight

Grey Goblin

Grizzly

Jack O'Lantern

Mister Fear

Puma

Shriek

Spot

Spidercide

The Tinkerer

White Rabbit

Vermin

Will'O Wisp

Scarecrow

Crime Master

Man-Wolf

Swarm

Stunner

Spider-Slayers

Female Ock

Venom 2099

Villains in desperate need of an update:

Vulture (either classic or the new black and red one)

Chameleon (needs no explaination)

Hobgoblin (again, same as the Chameleon)

Hydro-Man (the new costume looks sick and we could get some awesome water bases)

Villains that could use an update:

Kraven (sculpted vest)

Shocker (the new costume)

Scorpion (the new costume)

Mysterio (the new costume)

Supporting Cast:

Robbie Robertson

Betty Brand

Flash Thomson

Mary Jane Watson

Uncle Ben (comic version)

Phil Urich

Ben Urich

Norah Winters

Glory Grant

Harry Osborn

Ned Leeds

Ganke

Lyla (Miguel's Hologram)

Felicia Hardy

Anna Maria Marconi

Jay Jameson Sr

Carlie Cooper

Captain Watanabe

Liz Allan

Normie Osborn

Spider-Minions

Other heroes with a relationship to Spider-Man:

Kaine

Ben

Black Cat

Silver Sable

Aracely

Spider-Girl

Prowler

Sun-Girl

Madame Web

Non-Classic Villain Versions:

Ultimate Green Goblin

Ultimate Hobgoblin

Ultimate Prowler

Noir Chameleon

Noir Goblin

Noir Vulture

Smythe upgraded Vulture, Scorpion and Boomerang

Ends of the Earth Ock

White suit Ock

Ends of the Earth Rhino

Ultimate Ock

Remaining Spider-Man (and Spider-Clones) costumes:

Updated Iron Spider

Noir

Kaine Scarlet

Ben Scarlet

Ben Spider-Man

MacFarlane Spider-Man

Ends of the Earth

Bag-Man

Superior with the tentacle-spider legs things

Secret War

Manga

India

Hornet,prodigy,Dusk,Ricochet

Spider-Thor

Spider-Hulk

Spider-Lizard

Spider-Ham

Man-Spider

Earth X

Spider-Armor (could use some sculpted parts)

Ultimate

What I'd like to see and how i'd pair it:

Spider-Man 2099/Venom 2099

Ultimate Ock/Ultimate Spider-Man

Hobgoblin Kingsley/Ben (Spider-Man)

Black Cat/Vulture

Mr Fear/Daredevil

Kraven/Scarlet Kaine

Kaine (regular)/Stunner

Ben Scarlet/Jackal

Noir/Noir Chameleon (him and 616 are pretty much the same)

Tombstone/Beetle Janice

Shocker/Boomerang

Overdrive/Speed-Demon

Earth X/Earth X Venom

Iron Spider/Trapster

Morlun/Battle Damaged Spider-Man

Silver Sable/Secret War

Ben Scarlet/Jackal

Jack O Lantern/Spiky armor Flash Venom

Scarecrow/Updated Danny Ghost Rider

Prowler/Crime Master

Ultimate Ock/Female Ock

Mary Jane/Manga

Robbie/Hammerhead

Ben Urich/Phil Hobgoblin

Beetle Abe/Living Brain

Spidercide/Carrion

Titannia/The Wizard

Spider-Minion/HAMMER Agents (Norman Osborn and all)

Harry Osborn (in American Son armor)/Grey Goblin (Gabriel)

Also, a Slingers Box Set

I know that some of these don't make that much sense but oh well, a man can dream.

Miles Morales greatest claim to fame: Not that he killed off the best Spider-Man in recent years (pre-Untimatium) but that he's half black, half hispanic, and possibly half gay! How insulting to the character that that is all people focus on.

By "people," do you mean fans or the media?

Because I don't remember any hoopla when Miguel O'Hara became the first Latino Spidey.

If there is a focus on this, then I don't blame the consumers/fans/media so much, but rather Marvel for doing it to begin with, when the obvious intention is to garner attention because of those facts.

Personally, I'm glad to see that we can move beyond Reed Richards telling Sue she couldn't help being a fool because she is "merely a female" and all. But many of these moves by Marvel and DC (like the urban, Muslim Green Lantern with the guns or whatever) are pretty transparently marketing gimmicks. I.e., "hey, look how progressive we are!" rather than making these feel like natural parts of the story.

it really depends on the character and execution, you can say Miles was a gimmick but his comics are completely genuine and not pandering in the slightest so i'd say they just made the decision and said "well if ANYONE can be Spiderman, then lets make someone else Spiderman"

Most of the new 52 changes are pandering but hey, all it takes is a good writer to make it work, and more diversity in comics is always a good thing

The fact that we have ZERO Noir minimates irritates me to no end. God, i loved those books. Noir Spider-man was great.

I'm on the side of Miles started out as a gimmick. His book is (was?) very entertaining and you can tell Bendis is trying to make him seem like "not a gimmick, I swear!" but he's pretty clearly a gimmick. It's like when DC made Alan Scott gay (100% against Alan's conservative character) and when Simon Baz became a Lantern (in a ski mask and with a gun, with a tattoo forbidden by his religion no less). Companies use reboots and fresh starts to say "hey, we can be so progressive here, let's go for it" and maybe those aren't the worst intentions, but they come off as pandering and it's irritating.

DC's French Muslim Batman Nightrunner was brilliant for the fact that it was a new character. Don't just change everything about an old character to make the pandering "popular" or controversial. If you want a character of a new race, religion, creed, sexuality, ANYTHING, have the balls to make a brand new character. Batwoman was brilliant. Nightrunner was brilliant. Apollo and Midnighter? Brilliant. Show some backbone and go all-out again, Marvel and DC.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face