UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Speed Racer

Were there ever other Speed Racer cars/figures planned, or was this strictly a one and done for Minimates with just Speed and the Mach 5 and Racer X and the Shooting Star? I've been messing around with them on my desk the last few days (unfortunately my Speed's pants have...yellowed, which looks...very...embarassing for the poor guy) and thought it would've been neat if we had gotten Captain Terror, Kaballah, the GRX, etc as well. I've been on a nostalgia kick for the franchise since I watched a few episodes of the old 'toon with my daughter.

^ Captain Terror & Trixie were prototyped; scroll to the bottom here and you can see some pics

Aw, man. That would've been cool! Thanks for the quick reply. :) I know it's an incredibly niche franchise especially now but I can't help but eat up any decent merch for it. Wish we would've gotten these other two.

I never knew that. Speed Racer is one of those sets I think to myself "I need to pick that up some day", but then never do.

I like them for what they are. I wish the figures fit in the cars a little better (they kinda sit smack in the middle of the entire cockpit rather than on the drivers side, and can't reach for the wheel) but I understand it may have been out of their control. The mates themselves are good for 2006 era ones, with them being recognizable (though Speed cries for a better hairpiece now), but Racer X being the nicer, more detailed of the two. Still, probably the only Speed merch you can score easily right now outside of the Hot Wheels movie line from a few years ago.

• 8 months later...

My Mach 5 is yellowing something fierce. Kept out of sunlight in a smoke-free environment and it looks like it's been driving through puddles of piss.

Peed Racer?

My Mach 5 is yellowing something fierce. Kept out of sunlight in a smoke-free environment and it looks like it's been driving through puddles of piss.

It may just be that particular plastic. I had a G I Joe that yellow for no reason at all but when I bought another one, it didn't do it.

The Future Foundation, Minimate set.......... could have been the most outstanding 'off the wall' set of them all ...........if they had painted them white . 'Nuff said.

Peed Racer?

>

It may just be that particular plastic. I had a G I Joe that yellow for no reason at all but when I bought another one, it didn't do it.

The Future Foundation, Minimate set.......... could have been the most outstanding 'off the wall' set of them all ...........if they had painted them white . 'Nuff said.

All I want is that monkey lol that and I want some of those hilarious Arabian camel guys from the opening of the show.