UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Chicago 2014 Pics & Discussion

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dreamt I was being offered quail eggs and crab cakes throughout every dream I had last night...

That was no dream. Two words... Psychic. Butler.

It was truly great meeting everyone. I had an absolute blast!

One word.... Twiglets!

Sitting in the airport with a beer & eating twiglets when I read this. I may be on my way home but it was a great weekend hanging out with the guys.

"Its not far, just 6 or so blocks south of here..."

T.

And so begins the in jokes no one understands, even people that were at the meetup. You all will have to ask myself, Lobsterman, Nervous, Youbastards, or Buttheadsmate about the Wolf of Wall Street some time. And YB, make sure you keep your bills separated in your wallet. wink.png

Seeing all the up and coming 'Mates puts a bloody shame to the naysayers who claim it's a slow year.

Particularly exited for: All New X Men, and Foes of Spider-man.

Admiring from a far: TMNT, Sin City, and Kill Bill. (watch these will be selling for $100 each on ebay by next year, and I'll kick myself)

Ultimate custom potential goes to: Alien/Aliens as Ghost Rider infected by the Brood.

gambit09.jpg

Can somebody (who attended the minimate panel) give a quick breakdown of what was said / shown? Somebody earlier mentionned that the artwork for a second Godzilla set was shown. King Ghidorah, Hedorah and Jet Jaguar were named, but who filled out the 4th slot? Another version of Godzilla?

Didn't make either the panel (had the HACK/SLASH panel at the exact same time) or the get together (I was home by then!), but got to swing by the booth and meet Zach. Everything looked really good, especially the All New X-Men and the Deadly Foes of Spider-Man boxed set!

Firstly,I didn't know about the exclusive Zach was handing out, and while I thanked him for it ( he even offered my 2 year old son one but I didn't want to shorten the supply available to the rest of you ) I am sitting with it at home and have realized I do not collect blanks, and having one is bothering me. I think I am willing to part with it for specific mates, or the ever weakening dollar. Message me if anyone is still looking.

Maybe you should just offer to send it another member for the cost of shipping? Seems a little tacky to use something made for this specific forum as trade fodder when you know there are plenty of others who would cherish it.

Firstly,I didn't know about the exclusive Zach was handing out, and while I thanked him for it ( he even offered my 2 year old son one but I didn't want to shorten the supply available to the rest of you ) I am sitting with it at home and have realized I do not collect blanks, and having one is bothering me. I think I am willing to part with it for specific mates, or the ever weakening dollar. Message me if anyone is still looking.

Maybe you should just offer to send it another member for the cost of shipping? Seems a little tacky to use something made for this specific forum as trade fodder when you know there are plenty of others who would cherish it.

YB beat me to it. I agree with him. If it was a regular released blank for the con it would be a different story. This was such a great thing for DST to actually make a Minimate Multiverse minimate giveaway in the first place, using it as trade bait is disappointing. This is just my opinion, you can do whatever you want with it. Like YB says, there are plenty who would have loved to been there to get their own free handout, but couldn't make it for whatever reason.

I am at the airport. Cant wait to join back in on the discussion. Zach gave me some Multiverse mini extras to taunt everyone with so dont panic. Stay tuned.

While I agree with you that it seems a bit tacky, it is his to do with as he pleases. Yes there are many of us (myself very much included on that list) that would cherish having the MMMV blank, but as a collector of the convention blanks (having all of them released so far); I have always factored in what it would cost to attend a convention into how much I am willing to spend on a blank. Obviously it isn't cheap after it's all said and done to attend a convention(tickets to show, travel to show, lodging while there, food, other expenditures, etc...). I really wanted to attend C2E2, but due to other financial responsibilities(damn you taxes being due this month), I wasn't able to attend and I know many others on the board were in the same boat for various reasons. Of course I would love if he gave it away for cost of shipping (especially if it was to me lol), but like all the other blanks that have been given out "free" at conventions I have yet to actually get one for free and unfortunately don't think these will be any different.

Edit - I understand these blanks are different and have more meaning than your average blank.

I gave some to Shanester when he left, so hopefully they will be distributed in some form or another.

And Delta will be posting a video of the panel at some point. Different thread.

I don't envy Shane at all when it comes to deciding how to distribute the extras he was given, unfortunately I think there are going to be some hurt feelings when it's all said and done. I have no clue how it can be done fairly without playing favorites, do members with the highest post counts deserve them, those who have been members of the forum the longest ( I wouldn't complain about that one lol), a random drawing, some sort of photography/artistry contest, steel cage battle royal?

Edited by Santos L Halper