UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Chicago 2014 Pics & Discussion

Hi Tim, still Earthbound! I tend to check MMC more frequently than here and that's where I saw the exclusive news. Seems like everyone had fun in Chicago, it's really nice seeing all the pictures. Glad everyone is doing fine!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, I am finally getting back into the grove. I left from Chicago and went straight to Destin Florida for a week, so I have been out of touch a bit. Congrats to Luke on the EX set, a fine one IMO. The Cube-mate has been in the works for a while but I couldn't say anything. Don't buy one off any jerks, we will try to get you set up. rolleyes.gif

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to thank you all personally, especially the guys that I met at C2E2, for all the support we have been getting for our exclusive. Everyone from the multiverse that I met was so incredibly friendly and nice. Thank you for taking the time to include me in conversations (I know I am not the celebrity that Luke is wink.png ). I have really enjoyed watching our toy store grow. I was very sketpical when Luke opened the toy store 5 years ago that it would amount to much of anything... Now I am amazed that we have our own minimate exclusive - it totally boggles my mind. I am not a hardcore collector of Minimates, but I do have my own little shelf (I told many of you that attended C2E2 about this) of figures that Luke has set up for me. I am a big Gamer geek so the Lara Croft Minimates are front and center. smile.png

If you ever have any order questions or concerns you can also feel free to send me a PM. Luke and I both work "regular" jobs and sometimes one of us is more available for immediate concerns than the other.

-Heidi

Edited by LukesLichy

Welcome, Heidi! It was great meeting you and the boys. If you guys ever find yourselves in Michigan, I know a great mexican restaurant just down the street, dinner's on me! thumbsup.gif

Thanks for joining our little family, Heidi. I think one of my favorite memories from Chicago was watching you go toe-to-toe with Chuck discussing the finer points of license selection and Minimate marketing. biggrin.png

yes.gif Edited by youbastards

The reception was great. Thanks to all who attended. It was a pleasure to meet up with friends both new and old. Welcome to the Multiverse Heidi! buttrock.gif

Thanks everyone! It was really nice to put some faces with the names I see every day packing orders. I do hope another meet up happens again in the future!

Thanks for joining our little family, Heidi. I think one of my favorite memories from Chicago was watching you go toe-to-toe with Chuck discussing the finer points of license selection and Minimate marketing. biggrin.png

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Chuck was extremely interesting! I learned a lot from him during that conversation. There are a lot of things you always question both as a customer and a retailer, being able to talk to the darn president of the company really gives you some extremely good insight on the whys and hows of it all. The licensing process really sucks. It still baffles me why some of the projects Diamond would want to do are shut down mostly by licensing issues.

It was great to meet you, Heidi! I'm glad we were able to make the exclusive happen, and I love that Luke's is such a destination for Minimates. I try to point people your way whenever I can.

Would have loved to hear what Chuck had to say about licensing -- it does suck sometimes. Hope you feel better about the marketing.

Hi Danny, been awhile, glad to see you pop in. Your name actually came up at the meetup. So are you officially out of collecting minimates?

Afraid so, I haven't bought any for well over 4 years now. I think the last stuff I bought was Iron Man 2 and Minimates MAX stuff. I do want to support Luke with his exclusive though, because it's so cool that he/his store finally has one. Plus Carnage is one of my favourite Marvel characters, so it's all good!

Great meetings you at the meetup, Heidi (and others). I may have to modify my "order notes' from here on in....

"Thanks, Luke" will become "Thanks Heidi and family!"

;)

It was great to meet you, Heidi! I'm glad we were able to make the exclusive happen, and I love that Luke's is such a destination for Minimates. I try to point people your way whenever I can.

Would have loved to hear what Chuck had to say about licensing -- it does suck sometimes. Hope you feel better about the marketing.

Zach I think you do an incredible job helping our store out with marketing. I don't think we would be doing anywhere remotely as well as we are without your help.

Great meetings you at the meetup, Heidi (and others). I may have to modify my "order notes' from here on in....

"Thanks, Luke" will become "Thanks Heidi and family!"

wink.png

I think you guys are finally coming to realize that I do all the actual work, Luke is just the pretty face I needed for marketing purposes (haha totally joking).