UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 Chicago 2014 Pics & Discussion

If 10,000 is the number for a bank then I can certainly understand why a minimate version wouldn't happen. I'm kind of surprised they are able to sell that many of any property.

If I recall our conversation correctly, Chuck said they've probably sold in the upwards of 100,000 of the various 12" Stay Puft banks so far.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and Buttheadsmate introducing himself to Zach was priceless! smile.png

Care to elaborate? biggrin.png

Special thanks to Luke for hosting the get-together on Saturday night, and Shane for spreading the Minimate love & gospel every time I saw him. And BHM for being the egg man.

I would have loved to be there! confused.gif

Bob and I will have our own, private MMMV get together the next time I'm in Germany. And when we do, we're gonna get sweet revenge, rubbing everyone else's nose in it about how much fun we had saying clever things and drinking alcohol.

Of course, I've never been to Germany barring an airport layover, but it's gotta happen one of these days.

It was amazing meeting everyone (and especially seeing others for a second time)! I wish I could've stayed longer (as it was, we missed our last shuttle anyways, and had to take a bus back).

And, yeah, the fact that DST made a Minimate for our dinky little website was incredible of them.

I'll chime in officially to say thanks to all involved with the incredible meet-up. It was very much worth the trip and proved (as I'm sure I said several times) that this community isn't so much about the toys. but the people. MMMV isn't unique in it's concept, but the way the community relates and bonds together is definitely hard to find. The fact that you can take away the toy aspect of this group and still have something is very special. Again, thanks to everyone who made the weekend possible and much appreciation to the well wishes from everyone.

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder and I guess I found that to be very true this weekend (and not just because I believe I was fondled a few times by bhm after he'd had a few drinks).

I would like to underscore that yes, groundhog7s attended the convention and the meet-up. Truly one of the biggest surprises of the con and I'm thankful I was there for it. Suffice to say, he looks healthy and happy after his long sojourn from the Multiverse.

Also, I meet this Englishman from across the Atlantic, some one I haven't seen in five or so years, and the thing he asks me right off? "Have you heard of these beers made with wheat?"

Bob and I will have our own, private MMMV get together the next time I'm in Germany. And when we do, we're gonna get sweet revenge, rubbing everyone else's nose in it about how much fun we had saying clever things and drinking alcohol.

Of course, I've never been to Germany barring an airport layover, but it's gotta happen one of these days.

Well, I hope that, if we ever do this again, the two of you can make it. You're both among the remaining MMMVers I really would like to meet someday. I know the logistics are tough... traveling to Chicago from BATON ROUGE?!

28228-Thats-Unpossible-Ralph-wiggum-PcuI

You're forgetting somebody yes.gif

-bundeskopfsmate

Oh yeah, sorry. Rad is definitely also invited biggrin.png

You've been over to these things a few times now, haven't you Rob? Pretty inexcusable that I keep finding excuses not to, though we really don't have vacation time to spare right now because of all the leave from work we've had to take for sick children and closed schools. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, children are way more trouble than they're worth. We can't even rent them out to clean chimneys nowadays.

Edited by karamazov80

Oh yeah, this is so gonna happen. wink.png

Well, I hope that, if we ever do this again, the two of you can make it. You're both among the remaining MMMVers I really would like to meet someday.
Oh, that's nice. But I must say that I'm pretty boring and dull in real life. I mean, even more boring and dull than here.

You're forgetting somebody yes.gif

-bundeskopfsmate

biggrin.png Edited by Bob Harris

To everbody I met at C2E2 ,

Now that I've gotten back to reality I'd just like to say with absolute sincerity that I thoroughly enjoyed each & every moment . I could elaborate & in due course undoubtedly will but in the meantime ........

Thankyou.thumbsup.gif

Monday , after C2E2 I got left in Chicago fending for myself ......alone unsure.png

Talk about 'after-the-party' confused.gif Sooooooooooo I decided to take the bull by the horns & went into town doing my very best to keep out of the bars .

I did fairly well at first but ended up later in the day at bar #1 surrounded by suits & ties ......bar #2 ,suits & ties .....bar #3 suits & ties & the occasional smart business dress . Now, I'm not a scruff but I started to feel a tad out of place so I gravitated gently towards the safety of my new home ....my hotel.

The only problem was that my favourite hotel bar was filled with .....yep you got it ......suits & ties . Now I have nothing against this 'type' of person but I'm fairly discerning & I figured something was going on that hadn't been going on in previous days . An older guy wearing (for example) a Captain America T-shirt during C2E2 is almost de rigueur but truth be known I felt a tad conspicuous......not uncomfortable but a tad 'out there' ......in this new company .

Undeterred I ordered my beers & watched the 'new' show from up at the bar . Alongside me was a guy of similar age who also seemed to be playing the same game as I .....we acknowledged each other with a guarded nod . I noted the lack of suit & tie & his air of casualness . I also couldn't miss that he had been talking to his wife & kids on his 'phone earlier ..........not an absolute sign of a 'safe person to talk to ' but it was good enough for me .

Me: Here for the Convention ?

He: Yeah ! You?

Me: [ nodding] .....I'm leaving tomorrow .

He: [smiling] .....Which convention have you been to?

Me:[ confused now] ....C2E2 ?

He: What's that ? I'm sorry but I am going to a Convention tomorrow.... but not that one !

Me: Sorry my mistake . C2E2 is like...er... toys,comics ,artwork ,y'know geeky stuff !?

He: No problem it sounds interesting . [Are you] by yourself ?

Me: I am now but I was here with some friends, old & new . What about yourself ...are you here with friends ?

He: Just colleagues [nods towards suits & ties]

Me: OK . So what's the convention [that you're attending] .....what do you do ?

He: [grins] I'm a gynecologist & I'm attending the Annual Clinical Meeting .

Me: [unsure & deliberately saying nothing until I have sorted through what I have just heard until I finally say.......lamely ] Interesting .

He: [laughing] Everybody says that .

Me:[also laughing] Damn I could've said worse .

We then went on to laugh absolutely uncontrollably for many many minutes , spent the evening drinking together ,swapping jokes & finally went our separate ways .

The story may not be as funny to you as it was to me ...... & I checked him out on Google & he is amongst the elite of his profession .

You couldn't make it up ...... http://www.mdlinx.com/obstetrics-gynecology/conference-details.cfm/35108/2014-American-Congress-of-Obstetricians-and-Chicago-Illinois-United-States/

6.jpg

I think the nightmares about driving have finally stopped.

My new least favorite place is no longer Chicago. It's the Delta Basin. That place makes Houston look like rolling hills. Impossible to push a car.

But Chicago is a veeeeeeeery close second.

Seriously. I love you guys, but my trip sucked.

Hi guys, I just wanted to say how awesome I think it is that Luke finally got an exclusive set for the store, well done Luke, so well deserved!

Also the MMMV blank rocks. It bugs me just a little that I got out of Minimates and then Zach came along onto the forum and has been so great to us!

Danny, on 03 May 2014 - 06:40, said:

Hi guys, I just wanted to say how awesome I think it is that Luke finally got an exclusive set for the store, well done Luke, so well deserved!

Also the MMMV blank rocks. It bugs me just a little that I got out of Minimates and then Zach came along onto the forum and has been so great to us!

Wait what... Is that a new post from Danny that I spy? I thought you'd fallen off the planet and were floating around Jupiter or something.

Hope life's treating you well?

T.