UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Saga Minimates, Please!

hellpop

Here is my impassioned plea to Chuck for Saga Minimates:

So I just finished reading the new (third) volume of Saga, and it remains great. If you know anything about comics, you probably know that Saga is the book everyone is taking about. It's the comic of the moment, a classic in the making. And it's filled with great, visually distinct characters that would make for great toys. So how about it? Saga Minimates, please!

Who's with me?

I'm with you, but I thought I read somewhere that the creators were anti-merchandising to a certain degree. (I know there are some t-shirts out there) Or maybe they were just anti-Saga movie or TV show. I can't really remember.

If they ever did become minimates, I hope DST would also make a bank of the Giant with enormous testicles in scale with the figures.

The WD Lori swaddled baby piece, along with the beautifully-sculpted horns on Fear Itself Odin's helmet just about convinced me to add these to my "Customs To Do" list.

Saga's been an interesting read, but I think East of West has been the more compelling story so far. I'm a big fan of Hickman's sci-fi-bordering-on-religious-mythology stories.

I'd buy Saga minimates. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the character designs, but they are certainly visually interesting.

I'm also going to champion Fables minimates. Huge cast of visually distinct characters and you don't even need to have read Fables to know who they are.

Oh yeah, I would LOVE Sonic the Hedgehog, Alex Kidd, and Shinobi Minimates.

Why you... *shakes fist*

The WD Lori swaddled baby piece, along with the beautifully-sculpted horns on Fear Itself Odin's helmet just about convinced me to add these to my "Customs To Do" list.

Saga's been an interesting read, but I think East of West has been the more compelling story so far. I'm a big fan of Hickman's sci-fi-bordering-on-religious-mythology stories.

I have V1 of East of West in my "to read" pile; maybe I will make it my next read tonight.

• 4 years later...

I just recently picked up this series, and is one of my first times venturing outside of Marvel,DC, and Star Wars for an ongoing comic series. I really love the story and characters. I think they would lend themselves nicely to the minimate format; assuming the series is able to be merchandised (which I believe is the case since there are most definitely Saga pops).

Characters I'd like to see as minimates (from reading through issue 18): Alana, Marko, Hazel (maybe just as a baby piece), Izabel, Klara, Barr, The Will, The Stalk, Prince Robot IV,  Sophie, Gwendolyn

Initially, the creators balked at merchandise. Like JK Rowling and Harry Potter, they slowly started to come around to how it could help promote the book. McFarlane does ridiculously expensive action figure 2-packs of the main characters and, as you said, now Funko has joined the list of licensees.

This is a property I'd love to see Minimated but I'm sure DST would need more than 2" figures.

How do we feel about Saga kitchenware?

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

If DST were able to pull something like this off, timing an initial release with the ending of BKV and Fiona Staple's hiatus could draw a lot of eyes towards their product. But that's also just me wishing

It’s a good wish and a great idea.