UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)

MisterPL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can google image search ninja turtles 2014 and get some of the original posters that show Raph and Donny. Raph is bigger than the rest and his bandanna covers his full head, Donny is tall and thinner with techno head gear. I was only upset with Mikey because of the lips/nose, under armor pants, and hoodie around his waist.

I finally caved and watched the trailer, which I have been intentionally avoiding.

It doesn't look quite as bad as the pictures that were leaked a couple weeks ago, but it still looks terrible.

Why in the hell is Megan Fox playing April!

• 4 months later...

Just got home from seeing the new movie and it is terrible. I have nothing good to say about it. Every facet of it was complete dreck. Megan Fox is a lock for a Razzie, and there was/is something wrong with her face. The new back story is stupid, the turtles are irritating, and most of the dialog is cringe worthy. Worst movie I've seen all year.

I've yet to hear a good word from anyone who has seen the movie, I was going to go see it just out of curiosity but not anymore. Between this and that Fantastic Four nonsense I'm going to start voting with my wallet, that's the only thing these filmmakers care about.

I've yet to hear a good word from anyone who has seen the movie...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles/news/?a=105151

When I interned at a movie studio for a few years I learned that when major movies don't do press screeners they do social media and minor press screenings where you get paid to write a favoriable review. It's more common in the video game world now though and IGN.

Obviously that's not always the case, maybe he genuinely wrote those 10 paragraphs praising it unconditionally but I know a write up when I see one and we've all seen those TMNT trailers...

But let's be honest; "fans" are going into this flick with a buttload of Bay-hate. This could be the best TMNT movie ever but because Bay's name is attached to it, you're gonna be hard pressed to find anyone who's truly objective. The nerd-rage surrounding this project has been nothing short of epic.

The Hollywood Reporter gave it a review that was on par with the very first Ninja Turtles movie, which a lot of fans seem to like just fine.

If that review is legit, I'm glad he liked it so much, although my BS detector did go off a little bit when he said this movie will make you a TMNT fan if you aren't one already.

Just to be clear, I didn't set out to dislike the movie or avoid it or anything like that, I think the property was overdue for another live-action movie. But I'm really tired of this mentality that filmmakers have that they need to "fix" something that was existing just fine before they came along. Hence my dislike for the new Fantastic Four. I thought after the success that Marvel has had we were kind of past this thought process, but I guess not.

There's plot details that should be considered spoilers in that "review".

Also

The castmembers portraying Splinter and the turtles achieve a persuasive
level of realism that was never possible with the elaborate puppetry
required for the original film series and adequately fulfill
expectations for their characters.

Seems like a plant. He praises the screenwriters and bolds their names in the review. He actually explains what the ninja tutrles are, and writes out the plot like it's going on the back of the DVD case. It's zero coincidence that most all of the early websites reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

I'm not a fan of TMNT, I don't care about Bay, but these reviews touch all the key points of a write-up. Like I said, maybe this guy genuinely writes like that and has zero faults and thinks it's a great movie, but movies like these need all the help they can get out of the gate. I've seen the trailers and I'm just more inclined to side with minimadman.

I was as big a Ninja Turtles fan as you could find circa 1989. I think I was Michaelangelo 3 years straight for Halloween. But I have no interest in this one. I would expect it to be no better or worse than the Transformers films (though possibly better, assuming none of the Turtles are homicidal maniacs like Prime in the movies). Having said that, I have one friend here who seems to want to see it, and I might go with him just for the hell of it if he really wants to.

Bolding the names of people in front of and behind the camera is just part of THR's style. They do that with every review. They also tend to write out plots in every review, for what that's worth. I'm just saying that if you're unfamiliar with THR's movie reviews, positive or negative, this is really nothing out of the ordinary.

Variety's SPOILERISH review was also pretty middle-of-the-road.

It seems like some reviewers are simply going in with expectations aligned with the Crayola-coded, kid-friendly cartoon franchise rather than the satirical comic that inspired it all.