UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Name and Avatar Explanation

Alpheon

I just changed mine, now that I'm back at the site more frequently, I wanted something new. Black Cat and Spidey from Web of Shadows.

Sig might need changing soon. As much as i love Yuki, I have a tradition to change my look a bit for holidays. Unfortunately I only seem to remember when they're almost over. XD

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Dio: My nickname.

Avatar: Does this really need an explanation? XD Edgeworth had the perfect pose for dick in a box.

I so love Edgy! <3

Anyway, "homestar17" is due to my love for that site (It's dot com! has got to be the funniest thing I've heard in a while) & my sporting # in high school; the avatar is for "Teen Titans" (I loved that show, sad it's done) & cuz I'm a blonde girl. Are there any other female members here??

Are there any other female members here??

*ahem* :whistling:

Funny I forgot to bring it up. At least now this would explain my post in the MMMV Demographic thread.

Why NorthRaider? Well, right now I'm kinda in the middle of writing my own own sort-of Sci-fi/Fantasy series (okay, not exactly writing since I haven't actually committed anything to paper yet). The story I'm writing is kind of a semi-lame mashup of X-Men, Twilight and Watchmen, and so far the only person I've told it to (and my sole source of feedback) is my longtime friend and fellow geek from high school who for some reason keeps encouraging the continuing of the story for his own personal pleasure.

Anyways one of my favorite characters from the story goes by this really cool nickname "Raider", and I thought that it's make a wicked-cool forum handle since I'm personally a packrat by nature. The "North" at the beginning was just sort-of random, but I like how the whole thing kinda rhymes with "Darth Vader".

My avatar? I've wanted my own V mask ever since the movie came out, and I had finally succeeded in procuring one just as I first signed up for the Multiverse. I'm also extremely happy that I'd somehow managed it right on the eve of Guy Fawkes Day :highfive2:

Edited by NorthRaider

My name.. Captain Minimate was actually kinda random... I really couldn't think of anything else for a name. :P

The avatar... I just loove the "Demon in a Bottle" books! The cover is especially cool, although.... I've never actually read it :blush: . I should trade something for it from my bro...

Well, right now I'm kinda in the middle of writing my own own sort-of Sci-fi/Fantasy series (okay, not exactly writing since I haven't actually committed anything to paper yet). The story I'm writing is kind of a semi-lame mashup of X-Men, Twilight and Watchmen, and so far the only person I've told it to (and my sole source of feedback) is my longtime friend and fellow geek from high school who for some reason keeps encouraging the continuing of the story for his own personal pleasure.
Hey, coincidence!! I made an eight-issue miniseries USING some part swaps of some of my mates. It kinda sucked, but a tiny part of me is making me want to continue it.

My name.. Captain Minimate was actually kinda random... I really couldn't think of anything else for a name. :P

The avatar... I just loove the "Demon in a Bottle" books! The cover is especially cool, although.... I've never actually read it :blush: . I should trade something for it from my bro...

Well, right now I'm kinda in the middle of writing my own own sort-of Sci-fi/Fantasy series (okay, not exactly writing since I haven't actually committed anything to paper yet). The story I'm writing is kind of a semi-lame mashup of X-Men, Twilight and Watchmen, and so far the only person I've told it to (and my sole source of feedback) is my longtime friend and fellow geek from high school who for some reason keeps encouraging the continuing of the story for his own personal pleasure.
Hey, coincidence!! I made an eight-issue miniseries USING some part swaps of some of my mates. It kinda sucked, but a tiny part of me is making me want to continue it.

You guys should see LR5, my frame story of a news station with REALLY bad luck. If you want, I can send the premire story, The Men of Corn, by PM if anyone actually wants to read a story about a curse and a cornfield with ghost-like zombies in it.

My avatar is just something I thought looked cool... and would make a cool 'mate.

My name is just something I say when I tell someone to shut up dude shut + up = Shup.

Then Dude, is just when I say, "shut up, dude."

That is exactly what I thought it meant!

Go me!! B)

• 1 month later...

I like spider-man...plain and simple. Black costume the best since that's what he was wearing when I was growing up.

• 2 weeks later...

My avy is of Vault-Boy from the Fallout video game series that I have loed since it first came out.

My name is a nickname I picked up while playing Counter-strike many years ago. In that game you can use a class with dual pistols, I used them and got stupid good with them and a friend said I was like an evil Doc Holliday.

I'm a Mulitverse fellow citizen for a few month now and never did that explanation thingy here.

Well, my user name is not - as suggested by TBT! and others when I was getting on board - intended to be a reference to the whispering British DJ with the same name, but to the movie character played by outstanding actor Bill Murray* in Lost In Translation. That's what it's like for me sometimes around here, since English isn't my mother-tongue; feeling lost in translation.

The avatar however might be regarded as a reference to american author Thomas Pynchon, which I don't admire for his writings in the first place, but for his avoidance of personal publicity and absence in the media - which is hard to manage in these days. The Simpsons did invite him for one of their episodes as a cameo. But it also might be regarded as what ever you like it to be.

So, you may call me Bob.

:P

____

* Who also played a bizarre guy called Bob in the wonderful grumpy movie "What About Bob?"

Edit: My avatar changed. As you can see.

Edited by Bob Harris

The avatar however might be regarded as a reference to american author Thomas Pynchon, which I don't admire for his writings in the first place, but for his avoidance of personal publicity and absence in the media - which is hard to manage in these days. The Simpsons did invite him for one of their episodes as a cameo. But it also might be regarded as what ever you like it to be.

Wow, a Thomas Pynchon minimate... genius. :thumbsup:

(For the record I thought your avatar was a cross between Jack Bauer and the Amazing Bag-Man :lol:)

My avatar is, obviously, the price box from the cover of The Incredible Hulk 197. Why? I collect every issue of this comic I can find, within reason. There is a limit to what I'll spend on an issue of this comic. It's significant in that it's the Hulk vs Man Thing on the cover and the cover is drawn by Bernie Wrightson, who co-created the Swamp Thing for DC. It's a great cover and sort of hard to find in high grade. I have at current count 183 copies of this issue. It's something to look for at conventions and in my travels to various comic stores.

• 1 month later...