UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Name and Avatar Explanation

Alpheon

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my name from the time I went to laser tag and put my name down as Gromit (Wallace and Gromit). The person reading out the names thought my "R" looked more like an "L". It kinda stuck.

As for my avatar, I found that by chance while Googling.

Glomit

No big mystery here...most of you already know my screen name is for my son, Mikey, who is my "batmite".

Batmite, the well-meaning little urchin from an alternate dimension, was always trying to *help* Batman (being his self-proclaimed biggest fan), but of course somehow his big plans always seemed to backfire and cause trouble for our hero.

...From Wikipedia: Bat-Mite idolizes Batman, and thus he has visited Batman on various occasions, often setting up strange events so that he could see his hero in action. Bat-Mite is more of a nuisance than a supervillain, and often leaves his hero alone when he realizes he has angered his idol.

Bat-mite was of course my favorite character from the late 70's batman animated series, and if any of you has (or has had) a 3-4 year old with a Batman obsession, it just seems to fit so perfectly.

My Mikey-Mike is the ultimate Batman/Superman/Wolverine/Spidey fan...but at 3 years old knows the names of ALL the superheroes and villains, including their alter-ego (everyday) names.

He is the reason I got into (first c3, then) minimates, and now I just think they're the coolest little things on the planet, so of course I have to make sure he has plenty to play with, as well as an awesome mint collection for when he gets older and realizes they're actually collectible.

Since I would do absolutely anything for this kid, he should have a pretty decent collection some day ;)

name: if anyoune has ever read Snowcrash then they would know the origin, but for those that haven't, first of all you NEED to read the book, it's the name of the hacker meetingplace in the Metaverse where Hiro hangs out and swordfights. 1520 is the address of the birthplace of Hip Hop... 1520 Cedric Ave Bronx NY to be exact. That's where DJ Kool Herc first looped the breakbeat on records with 2 turntables.

avatar: it's Hiro Protagonist on the cover of Snowcrash

BS

• 2 weeks later...