UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Name and Avatar Explanation

Alpheon

My name is Kevin Thomas. When I was in grade eight I had a friend who had a sister who dated a boy named Kevin Pickal. He just started calling me pickle as a nickname and that is the name I have decided to use.

My avatar is a piece of art by Hoang Nguyen called Little Red. I have a signed and numbered print of it on my wall. he is one of two artists I adore. The other is Takeshi Miyazawa (of spider-man loves mary jane).

..........I really am a Herald of Galactus.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is xombiespidergaltiman and my name show that I like Zombies, spiderman(spidey) and the marvel zombies galtis. and I am a man. Marvel zombies ROCK!!! My avatar is Melphiles the dark because I can manipulate people into joing my side, my first avatar was a zombie spiderman minimate. But I chose Mephiles also because he reminds me of ... well me. :spidey:

real name is Peter

7547b0e99482f1b48e9231b6717968da.gif

post-1714-1185920191_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My name is from a character I made WAAAAY back in "WWF Wrestlemania 2000".....It's a portmanteau of my name, my benevolent-ish personality and the human race (Ok, not exactly a portmanteau, but basically....it's got the minimum two definitons)

My avatar is Cyborg Superman from one of my favorite comics ever, where Hal jordan returns and discovers that Cyborg supes had taken control of the manhunters...the way he cackles, wearing like, fifty power rings....just awesome....though the cover is superb, I stumbled across a scan of that bastard laughing and I couldn't resist.

First, let me say Titan, I LOVE your Avatar. Nightwing is my favorite DC hero and that is just a bad-a Avatar. Well done.

As for my, it's pretty simple stuff. My username is a combination of 2 of my most favorite things. Neo is, obviously, from the Matrix. It was what, 1998 when the Matrix came out. I was 16, and at that point it was like the Greatest movie of all time. It was like my generations version of Star Wars (except the sequels sucked, lol). Anyway, we didn't get Internet in my house until 1999 and then I was left with the Awesome task of creating my identity. I am one for wanting a name that would stick....something I would also use, so it took me quite a while, but I knew I wanted Neo to be a part of it.

The second part is LEGO, which is again, self explanitory. The first toy I can remember owning is a Yellow LEGO Van........I still have it today. LEGOs were my crack when I was a yute. My addiction to LEGOs is much like my current addiction to Minimates. So, it was pretty much settled. NeoLEGO was going to be my name............but I really didn't like the look of it. It looked too much like NeoGEO. Hmm........Neolego. Yeah, that would work, but the N is too much. So, we went with neolego and it has sense become my signature. I even sign my real life forms with a lower case "C" as in my name, chris!

Update: My avatar is now a drawing of Peter from Heroes. My 3rd favorite show of all time. This was done for me by one of the buys over at the From Bricks to Bothans message board. Thanks to him by the way!

*EDIT - I didn't know my quote was part of the topic, so I'll edit right here. My quote is what I like to consider my personal motto for life. It is something that I came up with and have been using for quite some time. At it's basic fiber, the quote means "I am who I am, no matter what." The idea of a dancing monkey comes from the Middle Eastern street circus. They train monkeys to dance, and then when you offer them money they go and take the money and bring it back to their owner. The idea that a wild life, tree swinging monkey, would put on a suit and dance makes no sense. So, in return, I don't put on a suit and do a dance for people. I am who I am, what you see is what you get, good or bad. I'm the say way with a stranger I meet for the first time that I am with my best friend that I've known my whole life. I don't wear "make-up" and I don't put on a show for no one. I am and forever will be ME. (*from the distance) ""Amen""! :)

I am currently looking for new ideas for Avatars, but I haven't found anything that I really feel is cool and unique enough, so for now I'll stick with Boukensilver. neo

Edited by neolego

my origins...

the name comes from a band called "killwhitneydead." my name is charles, so combine the two, and BAM! it's like the marvel/DC amalgam stuff, but less epic :(

my avatar is of a toy dilophosaurus skeleton, and wasn't even meant to be in the original pic I took, which was of an image from "the venture brothers". I don't know, I thought it looked cool and random, so I cropped it out. and messed with the colouring.

Edited by killcharlesdead

the name: is the real deal in that its my actual name

The Avy: Bats possibly the best character ever siply put i love all things Batman

The sig: its the truth. hear it ages ago ans though that given the hobby it was appropriate

• 4 weeks later...

Well the Gambit part of the name is simply because I love Gambit. Watching the X-men cartoon when I was younger he just struck a chord with me and I have loved him since then. I also just love bo staffs (which is why Donatello is my favorite Ninja Turtle). The tron part of the name has two meanings the first is just that I love the movie Tron and the second is it is a suffix that my friends and I added to words when we thought something was cool. My Avatar is my favorite picture of Gambit.

Huge spiderman fan and zombie hunter. :yes:

I have a huge collections of minimates and my recent one is the zombie daredevil and zombie giantman minimates at comicon. If any one was there at sunday, then you seen me because I was wearing a custom Shadow the Hedgehog costume. :o

Name - A Caracal is a kind of wild cat I once saw on a documentary and became fond of. It's also the alias I use on most sites.

Avatar - A gif of Luffy from One Piece. I'm a huge fan of the series (not the 4Kids dub), and saw this avatar else where online. However that version didn't loop back and had a mark on his face. I removed the mark and duplicated some of the frames so it looped back. I use this avatar on most sites.

• 6 months later...

My name is Chaz, but some people must have thought I looked Polish in college hence the handle.

I intend on changing my avatar sometimes...I've taken at least one picture of all 102 of my minimates in different locations. Currently it's of Gorilla Grodd in my backyard. :P

My real name is Joe, so my screenname is not influenced by my real name in any way. My first screenname, Patriot, was chosen for two reasons - firstly, I had just fiished reading the first arc of Young Avengers and liked Patriot's character, and secondly, I spent so long moaning about the Americans getting everything for half the price us Brits do that I felt almost Patriotic, hence the UK flag that my avatar was.

My second and current screenname, Vigilante came from an old folk song called Vigilante Man (just so you know, I do not listen to folk, my Dad was listening to it). The pic came when I Google Imaged Vigilante.

So there you go!

My avatar is something a friend happened to send me in an e-mail one day that I just thought was one of the coolest little things I've ever seen. My name is just anod to the great Snoop Dogg, I heard him say it a long time ago and thought it it was cool and unique.....

my name is the dutch word for monkey cause in holland they call indonesian(my parants are from indonesia) ppl either monkey or peanut for names(we dont really care cause its not really offensive)

and my avatar is of the first costum i made and still one of my favorites: Deadpool :D

My username comes from a yahoo account that I set up several years ago. Accounts with my name were used up, so I put down part of the title of my favorite book and the year of my birth. Somehow, I also made this my first forum name (for yojoe.com, I think), and I kind of liked the sound of it, so I just kept using it.

In other words, it really doesn't mean anything significant, it's just something that I came up with on the fly that I kept using. My avatar currently is Spidey versus my giant 10 pound dog Odie.

I'm pretty sure Alpheon knows what my name stands for... but I'll go ahead and tell anyway. Havoc is the name of a character I created* and who Alpheon is writing a book for. the 05 just stands for his first name, which has five letters.

My avatar is of the Halo 3 action figure of Master Chief, just cause thaat game rocks and so do the figures. (On my honor I swear I didn't know that Tim-- er, Alpheon had changed his to a figure too)

* I created him... me... no matter what Alpheon says... :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...