UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Name and Avatar Explanation

Alpheon

Current image and quote are from "Sam Seed" in the original Drunken Master movie, one of my favorites.

"youbastards" is just because it's my favorite exclaimable curse, particularly

(skip to the 3:40 mark, or just enjoy the entire 6 minutes of hilarity) :) Edited by youbastards

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never even seen this thread :D

ok well my username(which i would like to change but im not sure how i go about doing that) is because the first time i really decided to research minimates i found ironcow productions and i saw their ironcow minimate and i just thought it was wicked cool, i wasnt a big fan of cows i just really liked the robot elements so i decided to go with robomate(mate being a referance to minimates obviously) and no i had never seen lukes robomates until after i made my name(but im sure if i had id still use the name because their amazing looking) so anyway thats the origin of my not so creative name(which i would like to change, do i talk to a mod about that?)

my avatar at the moment is stiltman getting his crotch exploded(i think this is when punisher killed him) i recently purchased a few stiltmen and saw this pic somewhere and had a good laugh

Like a lot of these stories, my name comes from my first experience online when I was 13. I think the convo went something like this:

"Hey Dan, I need a cool name for my new Hotmail account?"

"How about FunkGuerilla"

And lo, the legend was born. Since then I've cultivated the name enough that I'd be sad to change it. Or I'm just lazy, either way.

As for the Avatar, it's the funniest panel from The Goon ever. It's the perfect size and perfect randomness and I loves it. So there you go.

Thanks SSP!!!

I never even knew where it actually came from :)

Who's in your signature?

That's John Simm. He played the Master in a recent season of Doctor Who. That GIF is from a particularly dark yet funny scene in the episode "The Sound of Drums."

Thanks SSP!!!

I never even knew where it actually came from :)

Who's in your signature?

That's John Simm. He played the Master in a recent season of Doctor Who. That GIF is from a particularly dark yet funny scene in the episode "The Sound of Drums."

hey doc just wondering since you have the "he will knock 4 times" caption have you thought about chaging your sig to an animation of the masters skull flickering :D those eyeballs still haunt me

figure id throw in my reasons for name and avatar -my name Eclipse actually is my handle on the c.b. about 12 years running -i just use the same name on the net its funny even when i chat with people on the phone they call me eclipse by habbit its been with me that long. my avatars are all movie related im a insanley huge movie guy usally my avatars are hints on the net of what im working with what im customizing and whats to come- anyway theres a littel history of my name-my real name is Adam for those who i havn't traded ar chatted with!!!

• 4 months later...

In case you guys were wondering why there's some guy in a dress as my new avatar, it's from A Very Potter Sequel where a male actor portrayed Dolores Umbridge in one of the funniest performances I've seen onstage. It's a sequel to A Very Potter Musical. Both of them are on youtube in about 20 segments each. Watch them if you like Harry Potter. They are astounding. Absolutely amazing.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my name is Dave but the OMac came form ShaneOMac, Vince McMahoon's son. In the restaurant I worked at we all gave each other nicknames similar to a wrestler and mine just stuck. Hell I even own daveomac.com.

As for my current avatar. I just love Deadpool rocking the leather jacket outfit Marty wore in Back to the Future 2. This was from Minimate Theatre #46.

I changed my avatar about two days ago yet the old one remains ......which is probably a good thing yet I know not why? The Red Indian (can I say that?) in my current one is Geronimo whose name ,amazingly enough, means in English..."he who yawns" . What a story that bloke had !

It's showing up as a Cap avatar to me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the garbage pail blast from the past.. looks like those are making a comeback.

Vox is from a sketch comedy group my friends and I had in college called The Vox Box (voice box). My Avatar represents my happiest and saddest connection to minimates: They made Hal Jordan, but never Kyle Rayner or Alan Scott.. DC Minis died way too young.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, mine's Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I particularly liked the 'wtf' look she gave off in that episode.

Ironically enough TM2 Megatron posts in the same thread over at the AllSpark all the time, and he has(had) a Twilight avatar as well, so we're constantly thinking we're eachother. "What? I don't remember say that. oh. it's the other TM2."

Well, mine's Twilight Sparkle from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I particularly liked the 'wtf' look she gave off in that episode.

Ironically enough TM2 Megatron posts in the same thread over at the AllSpark all the time, and he has(had) a Twilight avatar as well, so we're constantly thinking we're eachother. "What? I don't remember say that. oh. it's the other TM2."

oh lolz. it's the tiny text that really had me laughing (with pleasure, not at you.)

• 2 weeks later...