UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Is Justin Hammer really that rare?

minijeff

The case ratios aren't printed on the boxes and I can't find the official ratio online, so I wasn't sure. I know Six is the rare from experience, but the Halo dump is a mystery to me.

And I just meant you could have bought your Sixes one by one, from different sellers, or bought a bunch from one seller, or bought 30 cases. I assume it wasn't the latter, or you wouldn't have any reason to believe there were more than there should be.

Is the 500 cases thing a stated production run somewhere? Have we said these were limited in the past? Or is that just our minimum order number? Not sure where the 500 thing is coming from. Aliens is not limited, that I know of.

I can see some customers just wanting Cylons, and not wanting the Six, and therefore selling her, assuming that people would buy it because it's the rare. I got one of the rare Minority Report Kubricks once, the wife with the eyes, and sold it, because I already had Tom Cruise with the touch screen.

Also, if you buy multiple cases, you probably WANT all the Cylons, but you don't NEED multiple Sixes. Did a lot of people army build Frost Giants and sell their spare Selvigs?

Not sure what the deal is with the Gold Elite, though.

I guess I've never looked on the bottom of a box! Or read the old solicitation text. If it's written on the box, I'd take it as gospel. No way to get around that, or someone would have noticed a non-numbered box.

I see that Modern Cylons was solicited as limited to 500, but Razor Cylons was not stated as limited in its description. Halo was ID'd as limited to 500. But unless it's numbered on the box or listed as limited, I wouldn't assume ALL dumps are produced in that same quantity.

Razor BSG & Terminator dumps numbered 700 cases whilst Classic BSG Cylons & Modern BSG Cylons numbered 465 . Modern Cylons were released again in the FYE 5 packs .....consequently the Classic Cylon set's BD Command Centurion is perhaps IMHO the rarest production Minimateohmy.pngyes.gif

All three Marvel dumps were produced in lots of 500 .

Street Fighter numbers are however a mystery.

• 3 months later...

I stumbled on this post in a Google search for the Justin Hammer minimate. I'm the one who won this auction. Sorry if I outbid anyone here. When I got it it smelled of smoke but a good scrubbing with some mild dish soap and warm water took care of that. I think it was the plastic baggie he was shipped in that had the most smoke exposure and not the 'mate itself. He's all fresh and clean in my collection now.

Semi-related, is the Tactical Drone that hard to find? I've seen the other drones a lot on ebay but the green Tactical Drone seems to be as hard to find as Justin Hammer.

Justin Hammer and the Battle Damaged Hammer Drone were each limited to 1 per case of 12. The other 4 drones were split up in the remaining 10 spots, with each drone getting at least 2 spots per case....

I remember when these were released that people were reporting various pack outs, so there was some inconsistency at the factory (the naming error of Sea/Air Drones didn't help either.) I think Luke even got a case that had 2 Justin Hammers!

My opinion is that ALL of the drones are pretty hard to come by these days, but the numbers don't lie.

500 Dump cases produced:

Justin Hammer - approx 500 total

Battle Damaged Hammer Drone - approx 500 total

Ground Assault Drone - approx 1000

Air (incorrectly labeled Sea) Assault Drone - approx 1000

Sea (incorrectly labeled Air) Assault Drone - approx 1500

Tactical Assault Drone - approx 1500

Ground Assault and Air Assault were both released in TRU Iron Man 2 Wave 2, which pushes their numbers from being the fewest in the dump cases to being the most common due to the TRU wave.

Edited by youbastards

I've had the Sea and Air drones on my "want" list for a while with no hits. I see them occasionally, but just haven't scooped them up. I have a couple already, but am trying to fill out a couple of display boxes that I have.

I have picked up a few Red Skull and Selvig single packs priced pretty reasonably, but they will dry up if they haven't already.

At the 2013 C2E2, Zach was digging through the Build-a-Mate bin to try and assemble a set if the IM2 movie mates. He came on board after they were released, I believe?

I offered to bring him a complete set for C2E2 2014, but he declined.

I went on a collecting hiatus in 2008. I started at DST in May 2011. YB hooked me up with a spare Justin Hammer shortly after I started, but I have no drones and no Whiplash, although I think most of their parts have passed through the BAM booth.