UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Is Justin Hammer really that rare?

minijeff

In slowly reassembling my collection after the massive museum show it seems I have suffered a couple casualties. A couple busted knees on some older mates that will require replacements but the biggest gap seems to be that my Justin Hammer from the Iron Man 2 single packs seems to no longer be present. After some searching I currently don't see him on Ebay either...is he really that rare?

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yeah, I remember being similarly shocked when trying to find a Deathstroke for my son for the holidays. Definitely makes me regret not picking up the last few waves of the DC Mates and being years behind on the current stuff. I got lucky and someone hooked me up. Out of all of the minifigures I've gave him, Deathstroke is still in one piece. Good luck in finding a replacement.

I actually lucked out, as he was the only figure from the dump that appeared at my local store, (at least by the time I got there)

but I use him primarily for a Ben Urich custom, though I too loved Rockwell's performance

He's just a guy in a suit. I couldn't see spending that much for him, no matter how rare.

BTW, as far as Deathstroke goes, I think he was already pretty rare and going for high prices before DC Minimates even ended. I was looking for an extra for quite awhile (I needed his mask to make Grendel), and it was a pain.

The single packs from the dump sets are probably the fewest made of any of the retail release figures. Hydra suit Red Skull is a pricey one, too.

Nice. Almost 5%

Despite what I've said "500 cases ..blah...blah..one per case...blah blah " I have my suspicions that 'others' (over & above those chases in cases) get into the market-place ....somehow .

I'm not consciously being mischievous with that comment I'm just relaying what I can see & what I have seen for sale .

Is the gold one rare?

I don't know how many sets we made of Halo or BSG, but I imagine BHM's method of acquiring his Dead Sixes would say a lot about their provenance.

I recently sent the last six of our BSG dumps to Apollo to give out to sick kids. I kept all of the Sixes, so if anyone needs one, come see me in Chicago.

Edited by DSTZach

The 'gold one' ought to be rare because it was one per case & there were 500 cases .

It just seems odd that that seller ( Amazon) has had that .....& only that......particular Halo single pack up for sale for the last 3 years . He's got 13 left & ....again ,trust me.....he had more. So where'd the other versions 'in his cases' go?

Regards my method of acquiring my 'Dead Sixes' ? I'll share my secret but don't spill....

I buy them yes.gif

Edit: You can also put in your notebooks that the Halo dump characters are all unique ....which is unique in Minimate dumps.

Edited by buttheadsmate