UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Themed Waves Wish List

Maverick

Anything cosmic is awesome.

I also like how the Jean Dewolf Saga is not a newer story. It's cool to see the classic comic book art as a more detailed Mini figure.

One way to get more "Movie-like" characters without needing to pay for movie rights could be to make figures from the more realistic "Ultimate" series.

I'd say they seemingly base the movie characters off of that series anyway.

Just look at Ultimate Falcon next to Movie Falcon.

1964953_10152380337227228_82483624_n.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To me, there are storylines that I love but I would hope if they decide to do a theme wave again it's a story that has some fame but also gets us cool 'mates. That's why The Clone Saga isby far my first choice. For better or worse, the Clone Saga is well known and it would allow for a new Scarlet Spider, Kaine, The Jackal, maybe the new Scarlet Spider as a variant.

Maybe even business suit Doc Ock since he died in the storyline.

i would like a New X-Men Search for Magik (was that the name) set... Or really just any New X-Men characters

Rockslide/Anole (with interchangeable arm)

Pixie/Magik

Belasco/Prodigy

Hellion/Mercury

also a Young Avengers set would be awesome...

Patriot/Hawkeye

Wiccian/Hulkling

Speed/Stature

Iron Lad/Kang

Magik needs about 3 new figures in my eyes.

Ok here's an idea.

In honor of Mark Texeira and a general love for Sabretooth...

"Death Hunt"

Box artwork would look like the enigmatic first of four cover art.

1546250_10152382356392228_1538835949_n.j

Bulked up Sabretooth / Birdy

1798423_10152382356582228_653990498_n.jp1012091_10152382356317228_718761508_n.jp

Berserker Rage Wolverine / Mystique

1236746_10152382356477228_132990527_n.jp

1796492_10152382356577228_1112078940_n.j

Team x Victor Creed / Team x Logan

1507014_10152382356527228_1587287764_n.j1979582_10152382356342228_1899591001_n.j

Victor Creed / Graydon Creed w/ armor

1901778_10152382356412228_1699334387_n.j1926738_10152382385122228_2051004950_n.j

That Texeira art is awesome.. loved him on Ghost Rider too in the 90's, would love to see some mates based on those as well..

actually, as much fun as I think it would be to feature a themed villain set with sabretooth, if you are going to feature mark Teniers, ghost rider is absolutely the way to go.

I've read some debates on what characters get snubbed the most in the minimates universe, ie Thor and hulk, but I'd say ghost rider is the most incomplete above all. We didn't even see a movie wave!

Texiera * ...auto spell is a b!tch.

Uh oh... i before e except after tex.

Oh - and speaking of Awesome stuff from the 90's - i'd love to see a Maximum Carnage wave:

Carnage & Shriek

Venom & Demogoblin

Doppleganger & Deathlock

Spider-Man & Nightwatch

I'd switch out Spawn Nightwatch for '90s Firestar, but yes please. Definitely a good way to get a Deathlok out.

I would buy another plain Spidey and Goblin if it got us Gwen, MJ and Harry in a Night Gwen Stacy Died wave. And maybe the Goblin could have an alt chest block that the glider plugged into (along with an "oops" expression)...

One I'd love to see is a Hickman Fantastic Four/FF wave, that was the best run on that book in years and had so many possibilities for great mates -- powered-down Sue, FF Doom, Spidey's DIY costume, Negative Zone Johnny (with pet Annihilus), Nathaniel Richards, Dragon Man, The Wizard, High Evolutionary, Medusa, Crystal and Ronan, Gladiator, Uatu, the Celestials, Namor in his X-Men costume, adult Franklin and Valeria, some new beekeeper army builders from AIM Island, etc etc.

Edited by battlecat

That Texeira art is awesome.. loved him on Ghost Rider too in the 90's, would love to see some mates based on those as well..

actually, as much fun as I think it would be to feature a themed villain set with sabretooth, if you are going to feature mark Teniers, ghost rider is absolutely the way to go.

I've read some debates on what characters get snubbed the most in the minimates universe, ie Thor and hulk, but I'd say ghost rider is the most incomplete above all. We didn't even see a movie wave!

Texiera * ...auto spell is a b!tch.

Uh oh... i before e except after tex.

Hard to argue with that.. Dr Strange could make that case too - as I pointed out in another thread, we've never even gotten a classic 616 villain for either besides Mephisto.

Although very cool looking and I want them you could make the case that Ghost Rider villains are extremely obscure.. as big a fan as I am it's hard to remember some of their names. 70s GR had The Orb, 90s had Vengeance, Blackout, Zodiac, Deathwatch, and other shared villains we need like Mr. Hyde and Scarecrow. The (awesome) Mephisto in the Infinity Gauntlet set is probably as close as we'll get to a GR villain except maybe Vengeance, who could make a very nice mate. 90's GR could use an update too, though the wave 50 one was cool.

A set based on the Midnight Sons storyline could work, and is possible based on the Strange Tales set.. Vengeance, 90's Blaze and Morbius, Hellstrom, etc. Not sure which villains I mentioned earlier appeared in that storyline, although it could just be themed to cover others.

Love those Texeira issues - read the trade when I was a kid til it almost fell apart. It's like he was born to draw Ghost Rider.

Finally got 70s GR from the Champions set recently.. wanted that one forever!

Edited by rikfenix

I'd LOOOOOOVE a Ghost Rider wave or box set, though i can't see it happening. Another totally awesome thing would be a Marvel UK wave but I doubt we'll see anything like it.

Mys-Tech Wars set would be a dream come true

Motormouth & Killpower

Dark Angel & Albion

Death's Head II & Psycho Warrior Troop Builder

Original Death's Head & Psycho Warrior Troop Builder

TRU Follow up

Original Death's Head & Dark Angel (Armor)

Death Metal & Wolverine (Battle Damaged)

Death Wreck & Johnny Blaze

Black Knight & Die-Cut

I'd LOOOOOOVE a Ghost Rider wave or box set, though i can't see it happening. Another totally awesome thing would be a Marvel UK wave but I doubt we'll see anything like it.

Motormouth & Killpower

Dark Angel & Albion

TRU Follow up

Black Knight & Die-Cut

Alas, we'll be lucky to get just one of these figs in the next two years or do.

Motormouth & Killpower

Dark Angel & Albion

TRU Follow up

Black Knight & Die-Cut

Alas, we'll be lucky to get just one of these figs in the next two years or do.

Oh I don't know about that, it's about time for another Battle Damaged Wolverine and there is a slim chance for Black Knight. Even Original Death's Head might be popular enough to slip into a wave at some point. Unfortunately I know only too well that my favorites Armored Dark Angel, Motormouth, and Killpower will likely never happen.

Still, I also thought that same thing about Boom Boom, Thunderstrike, Longshot, and Shanna the She-Devil. So the possibility always exists.

You never know with 'mates. We have the original White Tiger and Spymaster, but no Pyro. It's very hard to predict what they'll do, I remember being astonished at some of the characters who Chuck has said weren't on their radar compared to some who do get through. That's not a complaint or anything, just something I've noticed.

also a Young Avengers set would be awesome...

Patriot/Hawkeye

Wiccian/Hulkling

Speed/Stature

Iron Lad/Kang

I'd replace Kang with Miss America or Kid/Teen Loki, but its perfect

i'd like to see the original team completed before we got into the newer run... maybe a Kid Loki/Miss America 2 pack for tru?

but let's get real... these will never happen.

Love the Maximum Carnage and Clone Saga suggestions and would add the following:

Marvel vs Ultraverse:

- Wolverine vs Nightman

- Iron Man vs Prototype

- Captain America vs Hardcase

- Spider-Man vs Prime

- Spider-Man vs Spider-Prime (variant)

^ I'm fully aware that I may be the only person that would actually want to buy this set

Goblin Nation:

- Green King/Battle Damaged Superior Spider-Man

- Goblin Knight/Cardiac

- Spider-Man 2099/Hobgoblin

- Spider-Minion/Spider-Slayer

- Battle Damaged Spider-Minion/Spider-Slayer

I also wouldn't mind seeing Ends of the Earth and Mutant X (Havok) waves, but haven't worked out who would be included with either of those.

Edited by jjwspider

Not that i mind in the slightest.... but how did Wolverine not get a 2099 title? Between his rampant over-exposure in the 90's and his extended life due to the healing factor, one would have assumed he'd fit right in with the 2099 marketing machine.