UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Beware! The Beckett strikes back!

AdyCarter

So Mayfair emailed me back this morning and said that

'They have an agreement in place and are working with GBJRToys to supply his product.'

So it looks like these might actually be legit, albeit that the new line of toys is an old line and he's just acting as distributer?

T.

So it looks like these might actually be legit, albeit that the new line of toys is an old line and he's just acting as distributer?

He’s now selling the orange and black figures as blanks for half the price of the game ($10 each) so I’m gonna throw out a conspiracy theory!

Prior to today, neither MayDay nor Geoff made reference to the other party. MayDay was still calling their figures “Robots” Geoff wasn’t saying he had partnered for anyone for the product.

So MayDay was just glad someone bought a couple deluxe game sets and orange blanks, Geoff thought he found some obscure block figures he could pass as his own. Geoff is unaware block fans know of Get Bit already, MayDay is unaware of Geoff’s shittiness.

Geoff applies the stickers and awful blood splatter to the orange and black blanks claiming them to be “mini-mallows"

Geoff can now claim to have produced new product (How are his GoFundMe backers okay with him producing new product when he claims not to have the funds to finish the ones he’s promised?)

TBT! e-mails MayDay to ask if they’re aware of this

and thus MayDay is now aware someone is selling their products without asking.

MayDay contacts Geoff and ask him to stop selling their decals as his own products

Similar to how Luke doesn’t want people selling his sticker sheets on eBay. It should be noted as of right now Geoff is selling the orange and black AS BLANKS, I doubt he sold through his set of “exclusive PanDead and Dead Asylum” unless he really only had the three, said “f**k this!” to applying more paint like a 5 year old and start selling them as blanks... but then, who are these 3 people who BOUGHT his exclusives?! They’re $12 each! It makes more sense MayDay said “stop selling them with stickers” and he said “phew! You got it!"

Geoff is as of yesterday selling the “mini-mallows” as ‘customizing blanks’ for $10 each (he includes shipping in his store price, so we’ll round down)

MayDay, being an independent company, won’t turn their nose up to sales. They aren’t going to stop someone from selling the Blanks loose on eBay, they aren’t going to stop someone from buying the game and selling it to someone else, they aren’t going to stop someone from painting on their blanks and selling it as a custom on eBay... so it makes no sense for them to stop Geoff from just selling their figures.

You can buy an Orange (or Pink!) blank from MayDay for $5 with cards (and stickers if you pick the deluxe set) you can get a set with cards, a shark, full color box, and 5 blanks for $25 (or $20 from Amazon!) It’s clear the base price per blank is less than $5... so why is Geoff selling them with no cards or packaging for TEN DOLLARS. He’s not a partnered reseller, he’s just RESELLING and MayDay is okay with that because at least they’re making money.

MayDay, having sorted out what they see as the problem with Geoff replies to TBT! saying there is a deal in place

There was not a deal two weeks ago, they waited until Geoff stopped selling their designs as his own before saying “we have an agreement we’re supplying his product” which is a polite way to say “so long as he pays us he can resell parts of our game, what do we care..."

MayDay does not call the ‘robots’ mini-mallows as of today, and as of yesterday Geoff was not mentioning anyone other than GBJR toys (by the by, I’m so annoyed his logo is the SOTA Street Fighter logo. Not only is he an asshat, he’s an asshat stealing a logo of the greatest toy line of 12 years ago...) as the creators of mini-mallows. So MayDay clearly has no interest in cross-promoting their new “partner” and Geoff has no interest in pretending he’s not reselling pieces of a board game.

As of today HostGator has shut down Geoff’s site

Not important, but I went back to check some wording and get a “Suspended page” warning. HA! Also I like saying “Hose Gah Tor” like comedian Kumail Nanjiani

tl;dr: I’d bet the agreement is Geoff can resell whatever he wants but he’s just some a-hole buying product not a partner since he’s not getting a special price on them and isn’t allowed to sell their stickers as ‘original designs’ since he’s stop selling the “zombie exclusives” (which if it WAS an official partnership wouldn’t they have supplied him with their OFFICIAL zombie sticker set that’s now out of print?!) but whatever so long as MayDay knows and is okay with the plan.

tl;dr the tl;dr: YAY! MayDay isn’t being ripped off. LOL! HostGator suspended Geoff’s web-site!

Edit: fixed a redundant sentence that was really bothering me.

Edit Edit: Never mind, his sites back and he’s still selling Pandead and Dead Asylum for $10 each (the same price as the blanks?!) so like all conspiracy theories mine is full of shit.

Also, is Get Bit any fun? It looks fun, I want to get it, keep the Blank Palz for myself since OOOH SHINY BLANKS! and just use some Marvel Minimate doubles and play a Superhero version with my nephew. But if it’s hard to play or boring I’ll pass.

Edited by dr baghead

Also, is Get Bit any fun? It looks fun, I want to get it, keep the Blank Palz for myself since OOOH SHINY BLANKS! and just use some Marvel Minimate doubles and play a Superhero version with my nephew. But if it’s hard to play or boring I’ll pass.

I picked the game a few years ago (5 I think?). It's been a little while since I've played it, but I recall it being pretty entertaining. The rules weren't too complicated and the game play was pretty quick.

Also, I continue to be intrigued by the lengths Beckett is willing to go to to make a few dollars here and there. It's really absurd!

Edited by Glantern

Who is going to Emerald City ComicCon? Visit Digger...

"Jumping to Emerald City Comicon in Seattle for the weekend. Joshua
Ortega and I will be signing at Table: K-02. Hope to see you there!"

- Digger

Guys, the days of minimates have come to an end. We all laughed when his products paged listed Mini-mallows as: "You may recognize these cute little 2.25" block figures that will give some minature mates a run for their money.” (direct cut and paste quote, spelling error in tact) as if Palz with stickers on them could ever hope to compete with those “miniature mates” BUT....

Geoff anounced his first LICENSED mini-mallow, and OH... MY... GOD is it amazing.

http://www.gbjrtoys.com/product/196

The level of detail in the tampo and sculpt, the fact he got clothe goods to WORK in that scale... I didn’t think he could pull it off, hell I didn’t think he could do much of anything, but he’s finally found his niche in the toy world and I’m not gonna be surprised at all when the Marvel and Skybound licenses for block figures are given to GBJR Toys next year when renewal time comes because he’s taking the format places DST never did, and possible never COULD given their lack of vision.

Let’s just get used to calling this place the “minimallowmultiverse” now, since in two years, we’re not gonna have a choice!!!