UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Beware! The Beckett strikes back!

AdyCarter

Someone will buy them. Someone always does.

To be fair, when he actually PUTS OUT TOYS they can be okay. Sometimes.

A matter of opinion.

OK, I'm lost. I know that the Shockini guy is sucky cuz of his shady business/toy practices, but who's the other guy in the pic? And why do the figures look like Palz knock-offs?

*please don't hate me bcuz I don't know*

Ohhhhhh. Now I understand the coincidence photo -- shady birds of a feather fly together.

As for the knock-offs, that's dumb. I remember after Palisades stopped making Palz figs someone else started making figures that were Palz knock-offs (can't think of what they were called tho). They didn't work then, so what makes this fool think it'll work now?

If past form is anything to go by I don't think he cares if they are successful. Just as long as he can take cash for 'preorders'.

Actually now I say it out loud... we could be talking about either of them.

T.

P.S. does any one else think it looks like someone stole Geoffs ice cream cone and he hasn't realised yet?

Geezus H Cryst.... did he draw those in 2 minutes in MSN paint and call it a day?!

the identical blood splatter, the shitty attempt a pun(?) with “Pandead” (am I supposed to read it as 'P-undead’ or ‘Panda-ed’ because 'Pan-Dead' is a portmanteau not a pun, and it’s not very clever when ‘Pandamic' is staring you right in the face.) the ‘inmate' having orange hands... god it hurts, even ignoring who he is, there’s no words for how much this level of awful hurts me.

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooo lazy. Remember when he used to have nice sculpts, sometimes even finished prototypes of the products he never planned to make to con people out of money?! Now he’s just crudely drawing them on Palz blanks?! What the hell...

Also 'Mini Mallows' Does this mean ‘Shockini' is no longer in use by GBJR Toys?! Because I’ve long thought that name would better fit a line of barely swimsuits and I’ll now be starting my own company if I can claim it!

EDIT: decided to do a 5 second google search. It looks like ‘Pandead’ and 'Dead Asylum’ are both music related (Pandead is a record label, again ‘Pandamic’ doesn’t seem to be taken and would have the added bonus of looking like 'Panda mic' thus making it a triple word score of pandas, zombies, AND music, but whateves. Dead Asylum is a thrash metal band.)

I have no idea if this means these are official 'Music Mallows' and in a year or two we’ll be hearing about they’ve never seen a penny from Geoff like so many of the Indie Spotlight creators or if Geoff is rififng off their names as ‘parody' since 'parody laws' means even copyrighted things can be used for free! or if it’s just a coincidence making the lame names even lamer still because he didn’t check if they were in use.

Edited by dr baghead

So the “Palz” made me think “this reminds me of that game with the Lego shark and the Palz"

So I looked it up it’s called “Get Bit!” by Mayday Game. AND HERE’S WHERE IT GOES CRAZY!!!!

Add-on Orange Blank: http://maydaygames.com/orange-robot-get-bit-tin.html

Add-on Panda Stickers for your Black Blank found in the sets: http://maydaygames.com/get-bit-black-panda-sticker-only.html

pictures of 'the final product' on the Fwoosh: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=91&t=85355&start=750

HOLY SH*T!!!!

He’s not licensing Palz and calling them “Mini Mallows” he’s just buying someone else’s product, putting THEIR sticker sheets on them then smeering red paint and calling it his own!!!

wow, we all knew he was a liar and cheat, but wow... just straight up selling someone else’s shit as his own?!

(and I’m 98% sure Geoff is not Mayday Toys because they actually sent our their kickstarter products)

So I've been reading the thread on Fwoosh that baghead linked -- totally entertaining & hysterical, BTW -- but here's the best post (& follow-up) ever:

post-2123-0-77168500-1394555476_thumb.jp

As a boardgame geek, I'm very aware of get bit & Maydaygames.

If they didn't know about this before they do now, I just shot a question to their customer service very innocently asking if they had a deal with him or if he was ripping off their designs.

T.

Careful Homestar, that thread is a rabbit hole that can suck up hours, if not days, of your life.

Oh, I know. I spent, er.... lost several hours the other day reading. I can't believe that someone would pretend to be their dad & then get into a conversation with themselves. wacko.png

As a boardgame geek, I'm very aware of get bit & Maydaygames.

If they didn't know about this before they do now, I just shot a question to their customer service very innocently asking if they had a deal with him or if he was ripping off their designs.

T.

I'm glad someone did. My guess is that he bought a load of their unused inventory, and is now trying to pawn it off as original in typical Geoff fashion. Did he not think people would recognize the Palz design? Did he not think that people on the internet were capable of finding where he got them? The guy is just such a dope.