UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Batman: Arkham Knight

THE FINAL GAME IN THE ARKHAM SERIES, DONE ONCE AGAIN BY ROCKSTEADY!!

SCARECROW IS UNITING GOTHAMS VILLAINS AND ITS UP TO BATMAN TO ONCE AGAIN STOP THEM ONLY THIS TIME, YOU GET TO DRIVE THE BATMOBILE :D

-Kinda disappointed that Batman is basically wearing Iron Man armor now, an undersuit with an exo-skeleton that straps itself on is getting ridiculous.

-I just don't buy Thomas Wayne knowing he's going to die and not see Bruce grow into a man. It's too precognitive, but whatever.

-Rocksteady says it's "The Finale" but that actually means WB Montreal will just have it and milk it from now on. I literally couldn't finish Origins because my save was constantly corrupted and they refuse to fix the bugs, instead opting for more DLC.

-We already have DLC, pre-order bonuses and costumes coming for the new game. You can't just buy a game these days, you can't just unlock anything anymore. I'm 25 and I feel like I'm 40, remembering the good old days of accomplishing something tough and being rewarded with more than "Achievements" and points to brag about online.

-I know they won't say it, but I'm hoping they finish out the Hush storyline, it's the only thing that's kept me going, also those great Riddler challenges. I need that 70's Neal Adams costume again too. #realcostume

• 1 year later...

I'm really bummed that I don't have a system to play this one. I'll probably get a gaming pc next month or so because I both need a new computer since my current one is falling apart, and it's "cheaper" than a console in the long run. But with the current "climate" here, I'm not so sure about that. Either way, avoiding spoilers for a month or more is going to be a PITA.

I'm really bummed that I don't have a system to play this one. I'll probably get a gaming pc next month or so because I both need a new computer since my current one is falling apart, and it's "cheaper" than a console in the long run. But with the current "climate" here, I'm not so sure about that. Either way, avoiding spoilers for a month or more is going to be a PITA.

Yeah, this game currently has a lot of unanswered spoilery questions. Who is the Arkham Knight?

Yeah, this game currently has a lot of unanswered spoilery questions. Who is the Arkham Knight?

Worse thing is, most sites will be putting the spoilers front and center, making it difficult to avoid them.

I think the only thing missing from the PSN bundle is the Red Hood Story pack which is Gamestop exclusive, and the Steam exclusive Future skins (TDKR and Beyond)

but I imagine both these will make their way to the Playstation Store

I think the only thing missing from the PSN bundle is the Red Hood Story pack which is Gamestop exclusive, and the Steam exclusive Future skins (TDKR and Beyond)

but I imagine both these will make their way to the Playstation Store

Ah, not bad. I would only want that red hood story pack.

This might be the most excited I've ever been for a game. It's the first time I've ever pre-ordered a game, and the first season pass I've ever got. The Batgirl dlc sounds super interesting

I'm only a few hours into this game and it's already the best game of the year for me. All my worries turned out to be for nothing, the graphics are outstanding, combat is as usual fantastic and the Batmobile is tons of fun. The story has me intrigued and I'm itching to find out the identity of the Arkham Knight. I don't want to get all spoilery but I'm very pleased that a certain someone is back.

I'm about an hour into the game (had tons of stuff to do yesterday so I knocked out soon after it unlocked for the pre-load) and my biggest gripe was the batmobile ... until I got the afterburner. Let's hope it continues to get better. :)

I would definitely recommend starting with the first two games. Not only will they help you follow along with the story, but they're also just great games that deserve to be played. You can skip "Origins "though.

Also, anyone else had the Manbat encounter? After the first time you see him, where do you go next?

You are supposed to glide and land on him during that first encounter. It triggers a cutscenes that progresses the mission. I'm sure you'll run into him again.

Manbat was a secret, spoiler tag. Nessex play them in the order they came out, its worth it and I'll vouch for origins as far as a fun game with a great story go.

I dont have a PS4 and might not for some time so Im just watching playthrough vids on youtube.

• 1 year later...