UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we've seen an official teaser with what is basically comic Ultron's face, if this is the face they use instead then color me disappointed. But it's the first picture, so i'm sure nothing is remotely final.

Love the shots of Clint with the Maximoffs though. Gonna be a lot of fun interaction there. REALLY hope we get the classic bit of them claiming to have been heavily involved in the battle of New York like in the Ultimates.

Sebastian Stan does have a 9 year contract so there is that, but I doubt Chris will leave soon, hes gotta stick around for Cap 3 especially since its going toe to toe with Man of Steel 2/Superman Batman

also id wait to see the actual full Ultron before judging it, also remember that Ultron tends to redesign himself quite a bit, so this could be the initial Tony design that later gets swapped out for something more sinister looking

So I guess Avengers 2, Cap 3, and Avengers 3 would wrap it up for him? Could just be a bargaining move by Evans for all we know. But if he does go, I would prefer them to recast Cap than try to move on to a different character in his place. Same with Iron Man. I know people love RDJ--I do, too--but he is just one version of Iron man. And not even a comic accurate one (at least, based on pre-movie comics). I'm totally up for someone else coming in to reprise those roles when the time comes.

I agree, I don't want to see the characters go away, my only slight concern is that it would be strange to see some new actors next to some of the original actors. It may not end up being an issue, but it will be somewhat odd seeing the old mixed with the new.

i think re-casting could work if it had some comic reasoning, such as the character being reborn or remade through cosmic forces, but I also want the films to feel like a more concrete aging system then just endless stories of the title cast. And while I dont want to lose Tony Stark or Steve Rogers, i do want to see new characters get the spotlight

You could be right. 9 years? That sounds like it's more than Bucky, for sure. Maybe they just envisioned Winter Soldier as an Avenger. Or, maybe they wanted him as Evans insurance.

I agree, I don't want to see the characters go away, my only slight concern is that it would be strange to see some new actors next to some of the original actors. It may not end up being an issue, but it will be somewhat odd seeing the old mixed with the new.

Well, we've seen it on a small scale with Banner and Rhodey (who I've seen speculated elsewhere as replacing Tony if RDJ leaves, though I have a hard time imagining). I don't think it would be a huge huge issue so long as a competent actor came along. I do think the Iron Man shift would be trickier than Cap though, because he really has had a distinct personality that attracted fans. The new guy would need to be incredibly likable, witty, and come off as very intelligent in order to keep the stories somewhat connected. But I think it could be done.

I personally would not like to see characters "reborn." Aging would be interesting, assuming the franchise survives long enough for that to be feasible, but would run counter to the comics of course. I imagine they would reboot some of these characters like Hulk and Thor before having them age out or replaced by sidekicks or whatever, but who knows?

Well, we've seen it on a small scale with Banner and Rhodey (who I've seen speculated elsewhere as replacing Tony if RDJ leaves, though I have a hard time imagining). I don't think it would be a huge huge issue so long as a competent actor came along. I do think the Iron Man shift would be trickier than Cap though, because he really has had a distinct personality that attracted fans. The new guy would need to be incredibly likable, witty, and come off as very intelligent in order to keep the stories somewhat connected. But I think it could be done.

Something like this?

fig1826f2lg.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

Edited by TM2 Dinobot