UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

I know understand why we didn't get a "right size" Ultron in the 2-packs. The Iron Legion #1 makes me really wish we'd be getting the other 3 Iron Legion in some way just because my OCD completist side is raging that we only have 1, 2 and 4.

We kinda have 5. He's Ultron Mark 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know understand why we didn't get a "right size" Ultron in the 2-packs. The Iron Legion #1 makes me really wish we'd be getting the other 3 Iron Legion in some way just because my OCD completist side is raging that we only have 1, 2 and 4.

We kinda have 5. He's Ultron Mark 1

Yeah but I need a clean copy, not a battle damaged half-drone.

I'd prefer a clean version of each as well, but in a pinch (and this seems to be a pinch) I could accept Ultron MK I as #5... but #3 will remain a sore spot for the rest of my days, lol...

Still... this... is a very lackluster box set all around.

I honestly could have lived without Bulked-Up Ultron... too similar to the normal one. But probably ultimately better, so okay. I get him.
The Iron Legion drone is again, lackluster, but in the interest of completing the set of 5, I get him too.

That said... I really didn't need another standard Iron Man, but for completions sake I'll take him. Still, I also really didn't need another Sam Jackson Nick Fury. and I REALLY REALLY didn't need another ANOTHER damn civilian Tony Stark. I do not feel every change of Tony's clothes needs a minimate.

Swap out Fury and Tony with end of Movie Falcon and Scarlet Witch and this set would have been infinitely better in my opinion.

But I suppose 3 Iron Man figures (essentially), 1 Sam Jackson and the Big Bad Guy sells better to the masses... *sigh*

Edited by Gillbob316

I like that I can put original Ultron's top on Ultimate Ultron's legs and have something more similar to what he looked like throughout the film.

Also I'm glad we're able to get the Iron Man armor. I'm only missing one IM film armor, so I like that I'm not missing out on this one because they skip the release of it.

If they couldn't do Tony wearing a Minimate-styled Bruce Lee DJ shirt - which would be awesome - Party Thor should have been next in line.

Party Thor feels seriously snubbed. Like he got all dressed up for nothing.

Then again, the tie and vest is what Tony was wearing when Thor choked him, so maybe there's a bonus 'choking Tony head with Thor hand attached' in there somewhere. One can hope.

35a12yc.jpg

I'm pretty happy w/this set w/the exception of Tony. If we had to have a civilian, I would have preferred Cho or party dress Maria Hill.

We all wanted a larger Ultron & we needed the MK 45 armor. Fury is questionable, but it's a new look so I'll take it and I'm sure we'll get Falcon & maybe Scarlet Witch out of the inevitable Civil War wave.

I like the reveals more since we're getting two sets, it almost feels more like a big wave that was split up into two box sets. It doesn't blow my hair back, but it's still good. My only real critique is since we're getting another of the Iron Legion but not all of them, it makes the choice to put four of the same two Legionnaires in the army builder case even more questionable. It would have made more sense to have 2-5 in the case with two of each.

I'm pretty happy w/this set w/the exception of Tony. If we had to have a civilian, I would have preferred Cho or party dress Maria Hill.

We all wanted a larger Ultron & we needed the MK 45 armor. Fury is questionable, but it's a new look so I'll take it and I'm sure we'll get Falcon & maybe Scarlet Witch out of the inevitable Civil War wave.

This is true. Of Civil War, RE: Falcon/Witch that is. I'm just a geek on the internet, I like to complain. I still buy all the minimates anyway. <3

I truthfully didn't even realize there was a MK 45 armor until it was pointed out to me later on, I didn't notice the transition when I watched the movie, and thought he was in the 43 throughout. That said, for the sake of "Gotta Catch'em All" Movie Armors, and an Iron Man to anchor the set, I get it... but... I wasn't losing sleep over it.

I'd just like to randomly say however, on the subject of movie characters we need or don't need, when Thor: Ragnarok sees release, if we don't come out of it with a Fandral and a Hogun again, there will be nerd-wrath hell to pay. >_> (Which is to say, no actual wrath or hell at all, save lots more bitching on the internet)

Edited by Gillbob316

I like to believe the packout on the dump case was factory error, silly silly factory error.

Or you can just apply the Zachsplanation for the Kraang droid to every blind bag assortment.

"But the reason there are fewer of him than of other characters at Kmart is because we thought the other characters would be more pleasing to a casual buyer or child than a Kraang, and we wanted first-time buyers -- a high likelihood at Kmart -- to get someone they wanted right off the bat. We weren't going to put more Kraangs in than Shredder or the Turtles just because there are more of him in the show."

Some of DST's choices won't make sense, and that's their gamble. I know I'm not paying $30-40 apiece for an intentionally-scarce army builder. And even though the AOU case isn't terrible per unit cost, an even 4 each on the Legion and Sub-Ultrons would have gone farther to make everyone (casual customers, movie fans, retailers) happy.

But whatever. When I'm looking to cut back on spending, the brands who act like they're allergic to negative feedback are the ones that get cut out of my budget first.

I'm very happy with the set (and am hoping someone here alters the existing Legion torso design to have a plethora of stickers with the missing numbers, so all the ones from my case have unique numbers with no repeats).

(I would, but I don't have access to Photoshop currently. Man, I need a new computer. :( )

Besides the Legionnaire I'm happy with the character choices. I like civilian 'mates of the movie heroes so Tony is cool and Fury is a little different than past versions. Ultron doesn't look great but I guess it's an improvement over the wave 61 version. I don't care for the Mk 45 being done with just tampos, but I guess DST will get another crack at basically the same armor for Civil War. The final scene Avengers that didn't make this set would seem like a lock for a Civil War assortment so I don't think missing out on them is a major disappointment.

The Vision we're getting would be the same anyway. And don't we already have War Machine (the IM3 version that wasn't actually in IM3)?

So maybe just a two pack of Falcon & Scarlet Witch's new duds.

That's the plan hehehehe.

I'm sure there's going to be a new crossbones. I'm in for that. Hopefully in a 2 pack with Cap, because I'm a sucker for the captain.

overall i like it, i never got a sam jackson fury so im probably more bias for liking it than the people who have like 4 now but i know it probably wont happen but how much is it asking for them to pack an alternate torso and trenchcoat so you can thave the end of the movie look, eh whatever ill just cobble one together , ultron prime looks okay but the biceps and turtle feet look kinda awkward, mark 45 looks good, im okay with the tampoed on look since the armor was pretty slim in the movie, liking the tony but i really hope he comes with a armor hand with the rockets and thors hammer so you can recreate the scene, and of course the stinker of the set the iron legion, and id honestly would rather save the few bucks and just make it a 4 pack, or preferably give us a reuse of the maria hill from avengers, literally her suit was exactly the same in this, and plus the original one was inexplicably a variant to the worst figure from the avengers, and i will never not be mad at that considering shes been an important character in 3 marvel movies so far, she really doesnt deserve to have her only figure being 20-30 dollars on ebay, overall ill get but if fury wasnt in here, i wouldnt

Edited by FightTheDead118

Would anyone be interested in a sticker kit to accompany this set? It would only be for orders of 2 full sets or more of Series 63, similar to what we did for Series 60. I could incorporate stickers for Series 61 and the TRU exclusives as well. But these would mostly be different versions of existing characters.

Newborn Vision

Chitauri HYDRA Soldiers

Dr. Cho & the Party Avengers

Iron Legion Variants

New Avengers Falcon & Scarlet Witch

Powered Up Scarlet Witch

Mystery Grotto Selvig

HYDRA Dr. List

Stumpy Klaue

Battle Damaged Quicksilver

Edited by youbastards