UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm certainly not saying that all kids inherently possess traditional gendered roles and preferences, so I hope that doesn't come across.

Absolutely not, K80. And i think it's awesome that you gave your girls all kinds of toys. I do the same for my niece. She has, and loves, her Batman trike, and her Batman duplo blocks. But she also loves Frozen (which i kinda love too). Regardless of what fun stuff her parents and i do with her, there are outside influences beyond our control, such as her friends at pre-school, Advertising, Television and my mother who loves to treat her like a girly girl. Short of creating some the experiment you suggested (where, i imagine, a child is isolated in a bubble [a la Species] for the first 10 years of their life and supplied with an equal number of what we would call traditionally boys and traditionally girls toys and clothes, we'll probably never be able to definitively answer the question.

And I'm certainly not saying that all kids inherently possess traditional gendered roles and preferences, so I hope that doesn't come across.

Short of creating some the experiment you suggested (where, i imagine, a child is isolated in a bubble [a la Species] for the first 10 years of their life and supplied with an equal number of what we would call traditionally boys and traditionally girls toys and clothes, we'll probably never be able to definitively answer the question.
So we're all in agreement then? Get a kickstarter up and running and solve this once and for all!

Back on topic: Avengers, whoop and woot!

Edited by UK Collector

Even the cancelled Ghost Rider Series 15 would have had Roxanne in it. No bikes but, yeah, a woman.

Which is dumb because that bike had more character than the love interest and the villain combined. In both Ghost Rider films.

Actually, developmental research suggests that there are gender difference in play choices. Boys tend to prefer toys with moving parts or that are made to be active (i.e., "action toys") while girls tend to prefer toys with softer textures (i.e., "nonaction toys"). Anything else (i.e., colors, specific characters) are socially and culturally driven.

Yeah, I go into DST defense mode on NeoGaf. Last year it was because of Gamora, this year it's because Hasbro replaced Black Widow with Captain America on the motorcycle of their Quinjet toy.

I keep telling people to stop supporting companies like Hasbro and start supporting companies like DST that aren't afraid to market female characters.

EVERY MCU film has has a female character represented in Minimate form, it's something DST should be proud of.

pack0440f_lg.jpg
pack0446f_lg.jpg
pack0689f_lg.jpg
pack0658f_lg.jpg
pack0785f_lg.jpg
pack0800f_lg.jpg
pack0809f_lg.jpg
pack0944f_lg.jpg
pack0947f_lg.jpg
pack1063f_lg.jpg
pack1125f_lg.jpg
pack1137f_lg.jpg
pack1175f_lg.jpg
pack1223f_lg.jpg
pack1222f_lg.jpg
pack1309f_lg.jpg
pack1311f_lg.jpg

Man those look amazing lol I want them all!

Actually, developmental research suggests that there are gender difference in play choices. Boys tend to prefer toys with moving parts or that are made to be active (i.e., "action toys") while girls tend to prefer toys with softer textures (i.e., "nonaction toys"). Anything else (i.e., colors, specific characters) are socially and culturally driven.

Oooh - that sounds like good reading. Linky please? pray.gif

Oooh - that sounds like good reading. Linky please? :pray:

Here is one example. There are a number of others

http://www.ehbonline.org/article/S1090-5138(02)00107-1/fulltext

Edited by Padrino

Even the cancelled Ghost Rider Series 15 would have had Roxanne in it. No bikes but, yeah, a woman.

Since someone brought it up...

Does anyone else with an Anal Retentive nature like me hate that this wave is still to this day counted in the numbering? I mean WHY!? It never existed!

I mean technically the big anniversary poll Wave 50... was wave 49.

It would be a dream come true for me if this wave someday got released, but I think we all know damn well by now it won't happen, so like... why have we not amended the numbering!? I'm pretty sure we're the pinnacle of minimate fandom around here... and we even have a bit of corporate representation pulling for us in Zach... how come we can't make this happen!? Why do we not have the power to make revisionist history? lol...

"And here's the newly released Wave 60, the 59th wave of Marvel Minimates overall!"

Annoys the crap out of me, lol...

Edited by Gillbob316