UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

Compared to my expectations I think Hasbro has actually done a better job than DST, or at least I think I'll feel that way when all the movie series figures have been released. I'm completely with you on the comic assortments though; I do wonder if Hasbro is going to regret some of those character choices by the end of the year. I'm already seeing even Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel stack up around here.

I actually think the opposite may be true, by expanding the characters they view as viable and continuing the Build-A-Figure concept, they keep the license strong and don't fall into monotony. You may be seeing a lot of them now, but I suspect that's because the movie just hit. Every store near me got in new cases last week, the Wal-Mart by me had a big floor display full of them. But the only figures that seem to linger near me are ironically the movie versions and the ones that were heavy packed, like Hawkeye and Spider-Man.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to think that, but they haven't been scarce at all here since they were first stocked. It's actually been harder to get a hold of a Thor than any of the other characters. Either way, it's an interesting experiment, and one DST is performing to a certain degree later in the year with the Captain Marvel/Not Thor pack. I'll be curious to see how it works out.

I don't know where you live but Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch are both pretty scarce around here. Hawkeye and Sentry however are literally everywhere to go with all those unbought Guardians wave Iron Man figures and Winter Soldier Buckys.

One of these days I will learn.

I'm a member of a comic and sci-fi oriented group on Facebook, and someone put up an article bemoaning the lack of Black Widow toys, and I commented and pointed out how many times she actually has gotten action figures, even more than some of her fellow Avengers, and Scarlet Witch as well, and what happened? People ignored it, because they want to be offended. Sigh.

Yeah, I go into DST defense mode on NeoGaf. Last year it was because of Gamora, this year it's because Hasbro replaced Black Widow with Captain America on the motorcycle of their Quinjet toy.

I keep telling people to stop supporting companies like Hasbro and start supporting companies like DST that aren't afraid to market female characters.

EVERY MCU film has has a female character represented in Minimate form, it's something DST should be proud of.

pack0440f_lg.jpg
pack0446f_lg.jpg
pack0689f_lg.jpg
pack0658f_lg.jpg
pack0785f_lg.jpg
pack0800f_lg.jpg
pack0809f_lg.jpg
pack0944f_lg.jpg
pack0947f_lg.jpg
pack1063f_lg.jpg
pack1125f_lg.jpg
pack1137f_lg.jpg
pack1175f_lg.jpg
pack1223f_lg.jpg
pack1222f_lg.jpg
pack1309f_lg.jpg
pack1311f_lg.jpg

Not only that, the problem with these discussions is people who don't read beyond the one article go into the world believing it's true. I posted there are numerous examples of how it wasn't the case, but on Facebook after you get a certain number of comments it condenses them. So new readers only see the last few comments. And just now I saw a woman who commented on it saying she was disappointed because she would have bought a Black Widow figure so she could play with her son. I can walk into Toys "R" Us right now and buy Black Widow and Scarlet Witch right off the shelf. This issue is certainly real in some cases, but not in this case! Argh!!

As a Quicksilver fan, I feel like I'm being discriminated against. He has such a minuscule amount of merchandise compared to everyone else. Equal rights for white-haired superfast European jackasses!

I keep telling people to stop supporting companies like Hasbro and start supporting companies like DST that aren't afraid to market female characters.

EVERY MCU film has has a female character represented in Minimate form, it's something DST should be proud of.

This is why I love minimates (& Palz -- think Buffy) so much! I agree, DST should be very proud! I try to pick up every female 'mate -- with the exception of TWD zombies (scary!) -- just so DST knows that people want them & will continue to produce them. Sometimes I buy multiples even. :)

It's also why I love MMMV as well. Sure, I might be among the minority being a chick, but I never feel like it here. I can talk sports, toys, comics, dolls (because there are threads for these things), or nerd out just like so many of us do.

I always forget homestar is a lass. It's irrelevant, really. We're all collectors, and that's the important part

This post is the most awesome thing i've read all day.

Random Trip to Toys R Us yesterday, Took note of things more because of this discussion:

Avengers Age of Ultron toys had Scarlet Witches and Black Widows readily available (Black Widow in a 2-Pack w/ Cap, Scarlet Witch individually). More than enough of either.

Minimates had several Black Widow & Scarlet Witch packs. Again, more than enough of both.

Marvel Legends had six hook facings, and at the end of those six hooks were: Spider-Man, Anti-Venom, Spider-Woman, Ultimate Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl and Captain Marvel (the female one)... That's 2 boys and 4 girls for those of you keeping score. Granted, that didn't carry on through the whole hooks, but there was still an ample selection of girls available.

And finally, just to throw a little more on top, lots of SHIELD 3-Packs w/ Agent Hill in them alongside Fury and Coulson, and more than enough Disney Infinity figures of Gamora and Black Widow readily available in various packs and bundles.

And mind you, this is just what I casually took note of. I wasn't actually LOOKING for any of these. They were just there. Right in front of me. As I casually browsed. I was actually there to get a price adjustment on a previous purchase, not to shop. If I actually dug through some hooks I may have found more.

But naw... they don't make the girl superheroes. You can't get them anywhere. *Rolls Eyes*

Edited by Gillbob316