UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

I hope they're a little more choosy with that movie, considering how many of those characters we literally just got, unless there is a distinct difference between their look in that and the one we just had, I would hope that we won't get doubles of every single character.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I'm more concerned about getting the quality level back with the next movie than I am the merchandise though. Before Avengers 2, I was excited by all the characters that were appearing in Civil War. Now I'm concerned.

This is a long shot, but what if he is Norman Osborn?

Holy hell. Late addition, no casting confirmation, Spider-Man probably debuting... Yeah that'd be great!

Still think he's gonna be a Strange supporting cast member though. Since that will be the next film.

I was just thinking of who had a relatively large role in Civil War who would be new to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I know he's typically a more light-hearted performer, but I think he could surprise you.

Edited by Valo487

I just had a horrible thought. Does anyone else think "Thunderbolt" Ross is back because they're seeing Red....?

It's honestly the first assumption I made. In a movie where Hulk isn't around, following a movie where Hulk caused tons of havoc while mind controlled, and on the eve of a registration act. Yeah, it's just pants on head stupid enough to have Ross go "we don't need any Avengers, because we have THIS." and turn himself into Red Hulk. I'm just hoping that's not the case (Or it's a lead in to an after credit scene at least, not a big part of the film).

I'd like to see the Thunderbolts be introduced to the MCU, but the one-two punch of Suicide Squad getting made and the fact that almost every Marvel villain is dead in the movies makes that seem unlikely.

I really want them to give us a good villain team at some point. i think there's enough bad guys left to put together an MCU version of the Thunderbolts or Masters of Evil (assuming they quit killing everyone). you've got Zemo, Crossbones, Abomination, The Leader, Klaw, Yellowjacket (if he survives Ant-Man), you could give Justin Hammer some stolen Iron Man suit and he could be the MCU's version of Titanium Man or Mach V, Absorbing Man was on Agents of Shield...they could recast him with a bigger name actor for the movies, Taskmaster is just begging to become part of the MCU at some point, I am willing to bet Moonstone will probably be one of the villains in the Captain Marvel movie (whenever the heck it comes out) and then you also have options like Songbird, Grim Reaper, Wonder Man, Radioactive Man, and Whirlwind that you could introduce.

Edited by suicidewatch

I'd like them to bring Abomination back, if for nothing more than an opening scene takedown since he's still out there. I remember reading somewhere that at one point they considered using him again recently, but it obviously hasn't happened yet.

I've always found it strange that A-Bomb and the Hulk haven't turned up in more of the solo movies. Considering they are CGI, you could have them turn up in Iron Man and you probably wouldn't even have to pay Ruffalo/Roth an appearance fee. Perhaps the recent announcement regarding the solo Hulk movie rights explains why.

I've always found it strange that A-Bomb and the Hulk haven't turned up in more of the solo movies. Considering they are CGI, you could have them turn up in Iron Man and you probably wouldn't even have to pay Ruffalo/Roth an appearance fee.

While they are CG characters, I think you underestimate the actors' contributions to the performance. Sure, they could show Hulk and Abomination beating the crap out of each other with Iron Man serving as referee but it'd probably end up looking no better than a video game.

Which was actually one of my major criticisms of Age of Ultron :lol:

I do see your point though. However Guardians just had 2 guys on set for Groot and Rocket (directors brother I think). So can get some cheap labour in for mocap/for the actors to riff off.

So, I got my case of singles yesterday. I haven't opened any of the doubles. I'm a little... underwhelmed. The Ultrons are all fine, but Stucker's a bit drab. And while the Iron Legion are perfectly fine 'mates, I have no idea what on earth to do with 10 of them. Paying for a full case and having more than half of it be these guys is a little disappointing.

Plus the over-saturation of what are not army builders limits your ability to resell or trade off the 8 doubles.

lol sometimes I wonder how minimates can do a line such justice and Hasbro does the opposite

In terms of the movie specific merchandise, I agree, however I would certainly like DST to take a page out of Hasbro's character selection on comic based assortments.

Compared to my expectations I think Hasbro has actually done a better job than DST, or at least I think I'll feel that way when all the movie series figures have been released. I'm completely with you on the comic assortments though; I do wonder if Hasbro is going to regret some of those character choices by the end of the year. I'm already seeing even Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel stack up around here.