UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

Lukes order got screwed up so he only got like twenty cases. Outside of that I don't know what the scarcity is cause I'm in the UK where minimates are even harder to come by

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For an assortment made up of largely repeat characters, this series blew through my LCS in no time. It seems to be doing well at TRU, too.

I guess that's the argument for revisiting popular characters in recognizable costumes, just like "Best of."

For an assortment made up of largely repeat characters, this series blew through my LCS in no time. It seems to be doing well at TRU, too.

I guess that's the argument for revisiting popular characters in recognizable costumes, just like "Best of."

They're still new costumes, though, even if they're largely the same as previous versions. (The Mark 43 is obviously the worst offender, along with Thor, that are entirely repaints.) And for people who missed the Avengers wave, the Age of Ultron Wave is definitely a big pull in. I think they figured this would be the case, which is why it's in two waves. I missed the entire first Avengers wave myself, so I'm glad I have a case coming from BBTS, since I have the twins from TRU already.

Good points. I'd be curious to know if the production run on this first assortment was larger than the previous Avengers wave.

I'm sure, given the aftermarket for the other Avengers sets. I mean, for characters who are "Staples" it's not often that an old set retails for $20 or above after just two years.... but all of those do. Honestly, almost all of the MCU film lines are that way, now... making it that much more annoying to be a guy looking for a loose MCU Falcon. My LCS was swimming in that set last year, but not now.

Good points. I'd be curious to know if the production run on this first assortment was larger than the previous Avengers wave.

I'm sure, given the aftermarket for the other Avengers sets. I mean, for characters who are "Staples" it's not often that an old set retails for $20 or above after just two years.... but all of those do. Honestly, almost all of the MCU film lines are that way, now... making it that much more annoying to be a guy looking for a loose MCU Falcon. My LCS was swimming in that set last year, but not now.

I actually just found one at my LCs for 9.99, I grabbed it, if I go back, and there is a second, I'll try and grab it

I actually just found one at my LCs for 9.99, I grabbed it, if I go back, and there is a second, I'll try and grab it

Dude that'd be amazing. Please let me know if that happens. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for the tip on Bigbadtoystore folks. Luke didn't have Series 61, Shopafx didn't, Cornerstorecomics didn't, Amazon didn't (not for normal prices anyway)... I was truthfully about 10 minutes away from dropping 50 bucks on a pair of Hawkeye sets on ebay. I don't often shop at BBTS, so checking there honestly just hadn't dawned on me. Glad I came here and asked first.

Paid 20 bucks less, and got the Non-Hawkeye sets to boot.

Edited by Gillbob316

Got my blind bag case from Luke this morning and it was 400 out of 470 interestingly the bags themselves have a CE and UK distribution address on them, I've not seen that on anything marvel in the UK in years

Got this set today. Captain America was quite well done. A stand out for me.

I thought that Thor was a bit of a bomb. Is it me or does the chest piece/ cape combo just looks awkward?

I think it's the fact that it's a bland front that does him in. The chest piece isn't as filled in as it was on the Dark World one. (If you need comparison pics, check out my review of Dark World Thor in the MMC Contest thread) So it just kinda looks wide and open and that makes it look awkward. The paint on the Dark World Thor makes that piece work much better.

The tru Thor has less paint apps than the comic shop one This time around.

I hate it when this happens... because people start treating it like a true variant, instead of just cheap cost-cutting, and then the anal collector in me starts wrestling with the question of whether or not I should care about the difference enough to have two in my collection. And I'm never quite sure... so it always nags at me.

Damn Different Face Spider-Woman. Damn Blue Iceman. Damn Underpants Mk. I War Machine. Damn Blue vs Red Belt Wolverine. Damn Metallic vs Matte Mk. 42 Iron Man. And Damn all three of the Ultimate Avengers Animated DVD Movie Tie-Ins (I got Cap because he had a new face decal... but I never did get Iron Man and Hulk... and I still can't decide if it bothers me or not)...

^ I own some but not all of those. I constantly question whether I should track the ones I don't own down on ebay... or if that would be insane.

And don't get me started on C3 feet vs Original Minimates Feet. Because there are some figures who got released w/ both. I notice that's a dilemma Ivan has never tackled either, despite being the most in-depth cataloger of Minimates known to man, lol.

Edited by Gillbob316

Which spiderwoman had a different face, and what's underpants war machine? That a film thing?

I have the tru Thor this tI me and I got pissed off when I saw the tru one and realized I have saved that $10 after all.

Hey DST, I hope you are planning 2 waves for Civil War, we're going to need it based on this cast list Marvel published today!

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24586/marvel_studios_begins_production_on_marvels_captain_america_civil_war

At least we have some version of most of the returning characters (sans Agent 13), but I could easily see two LCS waves, two tru exclusive sets, and maybe a blind bag set.