UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish that Quicksilver had a more movie accurate hairpiece, and that Scarlet Witch came with an alternate head with red eyes and maybe the blast effects that came with Ultron from wave 19.

So discouraged on the blind bags situation. I went to three shops yesterday and only one had them- out of the display box, which nullified the sort order, and all that was left seemed to be the 10 iron Legion drones, the ones I didn't want. The two other shops apparently stopped selling minimates all together because they aren't selling a full case worth. These shops are all an hour away too - the store 15 minutes from me will only get the 4 packs since they can order them individually. Guess I'm stuck paying a premium for opened packs or buying a full case, ugh :(

Edited by Social Spider

Saw the movie over the weekend and loved it. Ultron himself was kinda "meh" for me, he seemed too erratic in his decisions and rationale. Seeing him fight the Avengers was a visual treat for sure.

I really enjoyed Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, much more than I thought I would.

I'll say more once I master the spoiler tag...

Edited by Ronan The Accuser

So discouraged on the blind bags situation. I went to three shops yesterday and only one had them- out of the display box, which nullified the sort order, and all that was left seemed to be the 10 iron Legion drones, the ones I didn't want. The two other shops apparently stopped selling minimates all together because they aren't selling a full case worth. These shops are all an hour away too - the store 15 minutes from me will only get the 4 packs since they can order them individually. Guess I'm stuck paying a premium for opened packs or buying a full case, ugh sad.png

i'm with you on the blind bags. the only store that carries Minimates anymore around me is Newbury Comics and they split cases between stores. the closest to me always gets the @ss end of the case (did help me score 3 TMNT Normans though) so I decided I don't need the aggravation and bought a Strucker off eBay for $20 shipped. It would've cost me $7 at the store anyway so 2x that + s/h = close enough. I was planning to get one from Luke but missed my chance. So now I'll just pick up random bags as I see them and be happy with whatever I get.

Edited by tones

Yeah, I don't understand the logic behind having that many of the Iron Legion in a case, if they all had different numbers on them, at least it would make more sense, but why so many of what is actually a specific armor?

you're assuming that DST knew how many of Iron Legion figures would appear in the film.
This might be a case of not enough information early enough on to accurately do this.
Also - they are possibly banking on Iron Man being more popular that Ultron. Little kids will probably see these as Iron Man figure, rather then drones and be happy to play with them as such, which means they are potentially more marketable then army-builder villains.

Well, they did put numbers on them. I'm sure the amount of information DST had was a factor, but five each of two figures that are unique is a lot even if you're guessing, and it was done at the expense of the only real army builder in the case.

I just wish we would have gotten some new hands with either Iron Man or the Legion to allow for the 'landing' look with the palms out. It seems time to get a new repulsor hand and with as few parts as the dump and the main line had, this would have been a cool new piece to get (and would warrant at least a second set of the legion.

I'm not sure how accurate to the movie these are, but it looks like with a quick colour and number change, one could create Iron Legion's 1 & 3 as well :D

4539235-8711971263-11056.jpg

p077371045922-item-3051xf1x0451x0600-m.j

There's actually a couple of stickers that'd be needed for each figure. They all have their left shins numbers, as well as highlighting that matches the colour of their numbers on their arms and legs.

although, i guess you could over-look everything except the chest block and shin number as they colours are mostly pretty muted and only in small areas.

We have plans to release another...

Hopefully those plans change (probably too late, I know). But I've already got 10 of them thanks to the nonsensical bling bag case packout. If the info on the blind bag case assortment would have been given out before the release date, I'd be more receptive to buying another (since I wouldn't have bought a case).

At this moment, I'd hate to have to pay for another one as part of a multipack. mad.gif

Edited by fwoosheyman

I received my blind bag cases Monday. I received 9 out of 100 and 85 out of 100. The order from front to back was Strucker, Ultron MKI, 3 blue Ultron Drones, 3 red Ultron Drones, 5 Iron Legion #4, & 5 Iron Legion #2. I may have the Iron Legion reversed.

Also, while opening them, I realized Strucker wasn't even wearing green in the film. He was wearing what appeared to be a modern black members only/motorcycle jacket.

Quick Question:

Why the hell is Wave 61 (The First Specialty Age of Ultron wave) so friggin' scarce/expensive? Apparently I missed the bus and didn't know until it was too late.

I'm usually not one for preordering, every few months I just put in a big order of everything new I need that's in-stock with Luke. It's usually not a problem that way, but this wave is biting me in the ass. Luke doesn't have them any more, and no one else seems to for reasonable prices either.

The Iron Man/Widow/Cap/Thor sets are readily available, and hanging around my local TRU, but the Hawkeye and Ultron sets (even the not-variant one) are getting like $25+ a piece (a little more in the variant's case).

I assume movie hype just drove sales for this wave very heavily, but is there a second run of these coming? Luke gonna get any more? Or am I going to have to drop $50+ for this wave on ebay at this point? The lack of availability for this wave, less than a week after the movie's release, has caught me off-guard, lol...

I just put in a damn panic order for a blind bag case w/ Luke, haha, because I'd hate to miss the boat on that too and end up getting mega-gouged for Strucker later. (Currently experiencing that remorse w/ Kraang from the Wave 1 TMNT Blind Bags)

Edited by Gillbob316