UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for anyone who is wondering about the red ultron drones vs the blue ultron drones

small spoiler:

the Ultron drones are generically blue but when Ultron prime singles out a specific drone to speak through, they turn red, then when he leaves that body, it returns to blue

Just got my case of blind bags from BBTS. #34 of 100. Compare that to the TMNT Series 2 case of blind bags I got as well with a number of 768 of 1200 and I think that speaks to the rarity of the AoU blind bags. Definitely considering another case of AoU to use for trade bait. Plus, more Ultron drones and Iron Legion because Minimate armies are the best armies.

I'd be particularly interested in stack32's estimation of the TRU /LCS Iron Man differences.

Following up on this, there appear to be no differences between the TRU and LCS versions of any of the shared characters besides the missing paint app on TRU Thor. Hasbro appears to have used the same shade of gold for the Iron Man ML figure, so that probably is the color in the movie, or at least the color provided in the reference material.

So, having just gotten back from seeing the movie one minor thing bugged me:

The Iron Legion get a really, really small amount of screen time, and when they do, there really aren't that many of them. The blind bag case bugs me even more in light of that. The blue drones are seen in droves. There should be way more than three of them per case

Just opened my case of blind bags and overall I'm good with them. Now that I have them in hand I do wish the ratio of Ultron drones to Iron Legion drones was even (or even more heavy on the Ultron side). The main reason? The tampo on the back of most of my Iron Legion heads is way off. Of the 10 in the case only 3 have the tampo applied centered on the back of the head. The others are all way off to one side (most are off to the left). It doesn't matter if you're looking at them head on as you can't see it, but from behind and the side the tampo doesn't line up even close. And the white on the torso doesn't match the arms and legs. That's not so much of a big deal as the head tampo but it does stick out to me.

I'd consider getting another case for the Ultron drones (and to see if I can get some Iron Legion heads that are printed correctly).

Strucker is basic but looks good. Can't wait to dig out my Cap 1 Hydra troops to see how his uniform color matches up. I know it won't be close but I'd like to see how he looks with them.

Ultron Mark I is simple but effective. The tampo on the back of his head could be suffering from the misalignment issue of the Iron Legion but it could also be just that he's damaged. I'm going with the head is damaged and supposed to be that way. The partial arm was a nice surprise and looks good. I wish he came with a complete arm though just for display options.

Oh, and one of my blue Ultron drones was bagged with 2 stands. I'm not up on how desirable packaging mistakes like this are but I left it in the inner sealed baggie just because.

I saw the movie last night & in the few scenes they were in, I only remember there being 5 or 6 Iron Legion. And #'s 2 & 4 were the only ones I could single out. I'm going again tonight & will try to see I spot 3 or 5. I think I spotted 01 on Ultron's upper back/neck area.

zach, i

i know it's prob fake, but can you shed some light on this pic.

2hhhqhd.jpg

it's been blowing up on FB and many people fighting over it hah

That is awesome. The most accesorys ive seen in a select.

I saw the movie last night & in the few scenes they were in, I only remember there being 5 or 6 Iron Legion. And #'s 2 & 4 were the only ones I could single out. I'm going again tonight & will try to see I spot 3 or 5. I think I spotted 01 on Ultron's upper back/neck area.

That's what I'm remembering as well.

I've been avoiding this thread (spoilers) but now I'm kinda wishing I hadn't after seeing the packout of the drones vs Iron Legion. I agree with others; it's backwards. I don't think there were ten Legion 'bots in the movie. Drones were everywhere.

I've just returned from a 2nd viewing. There are only 5 Iron Legion in the film. 01-05 are all represented. 02 & 04 definitely receive more screen time though. Ultron Mark I is built from unit 05.

Edited by Nebraska

I've been avoiding this thread (spoilers) but now I'm kinda wishing I hadn't after seeing the packout of the drones vs Iron Legion. I agree with others; it's backwards. I don't think there were ten Legion 'bots in the movie. Drones were everywhere.

In all fairness, I'd like to add that I'd rather have the option of too many figures than wishing DST had made more.

My case of singles is 453 of 470. It was funny how the pack in the very front was Strucker and the second pack was Ultron mark 1, then the 3 blue Ultron drones, then 3 red drones etc... no randomization.

Here is a comparison show with comic Strucker (I don't know if it was lighting but mine isn't as bright green as the previous pic posted):

5a56cc62-9083-47fa-865b-d2c6d2179cf2_zps

I've just returned from a 2nd viewing. There are only 5 Iron Legion in the film. 01-05 are all represented. 02 & 04 definitely receive more screen time though. Ultron Mark I is built from unit 05.

Are you sure #5 is Ultron? I just watched again and thought it was #3, but it is hard to tell. It also looked like all of them had silver faceplates instead of gold.