UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they really should have spread some of these characters out. Two hulks and Two Visions in the same wave. Technically we are only getting 5 characters in this wave.

I've already expressed disappointment at the transparent Vision since it is the exact same paint job just on transparent plastic, that slot could have been used for Hill, Fury or Cho. its an aesthetic choice and I honestly don't feel that we needed both versions.

I think having two hulks in the same wave seems like overkill especially with the being exactly the same apart from the muted colours and face tampo.probably would have swapped someone from wave 61 and normal Hulk just to disguise the fact this wave is essentially 2 unique characters and 3 which we will get double of if you buy the full wave..

The translucent Vision is a one-per-case variant of regular Vision. That was not a slot we were looking to fill with Fury, Hill or Cho. But you may still see one of those.

And keep in mind this is third assortment of figures based on one movie. The figures were slotted where they had to be for development and timing purposes, and I think everyone will have very concrete opinions of how many Hulks or Visions they need once they see the movie. And the best way to avoid buying two of the same character is to only buy one of them.

I'm buying them all anyway, it justs seems weird to have so many of the same characters in one wave. I really struggle to really count translucent vision as a legit variant. Maybe if it was birth vision before he created his suit. It just feels a bit cheap to reuse the same tampo for two figures in the same wave

The movie comes out Friday (in the USA). Discussion is very welcome, but please start another thread so no spoilers are added to this one, please. Thank you. Just a public service announcement of sorts.

Apologies, I forgot the UK got the movie before the US

Yeah. Ya did this time. Arse.

... We still get Ant Man first! SO HA.

Actually since it's released on the 17th of July in the UK and the U.S. we still get it first because of time difference, SO HA!! :)

Actually since it's released on the 17th of July in the UK and the U.S. we still get it first because of time difference, SO HA!! :)

Ah. Someone gets it late... Australia? Honestly I was just hoping a delayed UK Jurassic World. I have a friend interning in Scotland who saw Ultron first and he'll be back for Ant Man so I wanted to hold the dinosaurs over his head.

Anyone know why the hell Marvel did that? It doesn't make much sense really. Just more time for pirated copies to get to the U.S. Thus decreasing ticket sales.

Ah. Someone gets it late... Australia? Honestly I was just hoping a delayed UK Jurassic World. I have a friend interning in Scotland who saw Ultron first and he'll be back for Ant Man so I wanted to hold the dinosaurs over his head.

Anyone know why the hell Marvel did that? It doesn't make much sense really. Just more time for pirated copies to get to the U.S. Thus decreasing ticket sales.

Yeah, but we've already had Avengers for a week now.... so - you can have your Ant-man tongue.png

EDIT: Plus - we actually get Ant-Man the day before the US releas

The idea that stockholders will be more pleased if a movie opens up and is already profitable by the time that the US opens.

Its stupid, though, since ticket purchase estimates put this movie at making most of its budget back in the US alone on opening weekend, so thats a wash.

Honestly its because Disney and Marvel hate the US.

The idea that stockholders will be more pleased if a movie opens up and is already profitable by the time that the US opens.

Its stupid, though, since ticket purchase estimates put this movie at making most of its budget back in the US alone on opening weekend, so thats a wash.

So that's why they keep blowing us up in their movies.

Except Dark World. They blew up London. That was nice of them.

We're the ones who are getting Ant-Man in October. Same thing happened with Guardians as well. As for AoU, it hits this Thursday.

So that's why they keep blowing us up in their movies.

Except Dark World. They blew up London. That was nice of them.

LOL

The way I heard it, the reason for the earlier "Foreign" releases is due to the fact that theater revenue and attendance is rising there while it steadily declines here in the U.S. We only have ourselves to blame since so many now have high end home theater systems so we wait for movies to come out on netflix or blueray. It is also the reason why fewer U.S. cities are being attack/destroyed in action films. New York/Washington/L.A. can only be frozen/washed away/stepped on/nuked from orbit so many times before it becomes boring.

I remember a time that a movie release could be months and months behind a US release for being able to see it anywhere else in the World never mind the UK. So I thank the internet for kicking that habit of the studios.

Is AOU any good. well for me I would say its ok I dont think it hits the wow factor of the first one, but if your a fan you will enjoy it. Hulk V Hulkbuster sequence is worth the movie money alone and James Spader as Ultron is a scene stealer everytime the same way Hiddlton is as Loki.

Opened my AOU counter display and here's the breakdown and order:

1x Baron

1x Ultron mark 1

3x Ultron blue

3x Ultron red

5x Iron Legion 02

5x Iron Legion 04

WTF?? ? I sure hope for others that mine was mispacked. I can't think of any reason why the Iron Legion should be so heavy packed.

The outside box was also marked 57 of 100. I'm surprised there was only 100 of these, I thought it would be higher.

Opened my AOU counter display and here's the breakdown and order:

1x Baron

1x Ultron mark 1

3x Ultron blue

3x Ultron red

5x Iron Legion 02

5x Iron Legion 04

WTF?? I sure hope for others that mine was mispacked. I can't think of any reason why the Iron Legion should be so heavy packed.

The outside box was also marked 57 of 100. I'm surprised there was only 100 of these, I thought it would be higher.

I'll be getting mine tomorrow but I think that's a good pack out, at least for me. I loves me some Iron Man armors. Just need to get some stickers to renumber the Iron Legion.

57 of 100 huh. That doesn't sound like many at all. Wondering if I shouldn't snap up another case for future trade bait.