UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a Lego Hulkbuster to see how Minimates would fit. Other than swapping one piece out it's a simple mod.

On the back of the chest piece there's a brown 2x4 flat plate. I swapped that out for one of the round, black disc pieces that comes with the set and it fits a Minimates really well. You can see the black circular disc in the 2nd photo down here.

http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/gigantus/media/DD1E23F7-FCC9-4A5A-BD5E-B0EDB92640C9_zpsz16y6nvh.jpg.html

http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/gigantus/media/2A16FA61-2951-4B8A-8B8A-09AD3E09B2FB_zpsxthgmx00.jpg.html

Edited by Mystery Man

The other alternative is to buy individually the day Luke gets his stock in.

Assuming Strucker and Ultron Mk1 are $12.99 each and each Iron Legion is $6.99 apiece (two total), that's $39.96 plus around $3 for First Class - $42.96.

That gives you $53 to play around with individual Ultron purchases - about seven total.

So while the $96 for the box is a little painful when you think about the $9.50 shipping, you're getting 18 in the box as opposed to 11 individually for around the same price. Even if you only manage to resell the Iron Legion for $3 or $4 apiece, the box would still be the way to go, assuming you want each unique piece and it's the 1/1/4/4/4/4 breakdown.

The trouble comes when you start thinking in terms of like ten blue and two red Ultron drones, which is how I tend to over-complicate my purchases on movies I haven't even seen yet.

I'm really just interested in one of each. While i completely understand the Blind Bag idea.... I don't feel like there are enough genuinely exciting characters to was a full box worth. I think the counter-top army dump of 12 was a nicer idea. But, i'm guessing that Blind Bags make more money for retailers, which is why they're a popular method of selling.

Having said that - if Luke offers up singles, i'll probably just buy one of each from him :D

I'm really just interested in one of each. While i completely understand the Blind Bag idea.... I don't feel like there are enough genuinely exciting characters to was a full box worth. I think the counter-top army dump of 12 was a nicer idea. But, i'm guessing that Blind Bags make more money for retailers, which is why they're a popular method of selling.

Having said that - if Luke offers up singles, i'll probably just buy one of each from him biggrin.png

We will be splitting them up, but might not have time for it until the week after the release.

Do these boxes usually have an order in which the figures are packed? Like if someone here got a fresh case and opened them front to back, they could say the order if all 18 figures. That would surely help.

Mine just got shipped from BBTS today, when I get it I can post some pictures and see where things are. I always assumed that all the boxes were packed at random, kinda like what Loyal Subjects does with their gear. Edited by ABC123

We will be splitting them up, but might not have time for it until the week after the release.

Best news ever for the cash-poor, one-of-each-figure collector from overseas where shipping adds up quickly highfive2.gif

Luke, are you not selling wave 61?

Ah you missed it. Basically everything went to hell with his order of 61. He could barely fulfill the people who preordered. So no, he's not actually selling 61 now. He sold out.

so the redacteds were savage grey hulk and klaue which is weird considering that technically we've already gotten and klaw minimate and even more strange is why they kept these hidden even though they've11167685_10153181959921265_6671039666552 both been widely known about for a while but andy serkis minimate, so i cant complain

and that looks like the end of it even though we really should have gotten updates on hill and fury especially considering the old ones aren't to easy to come across

Luke, are you not selling wave 61?

Ah you missed it. Basically everything went to hell with his order of 61. He could barely fulfill the people who preordered. So no, he's not actually selling 61 now. He sold out.

Yeah, I had heard bits about it but wasn't sure on the whole story. Shame.

they really should have spread some of these characters out. Two hulks and Two Visions in the same wave. Technically we are only getting 5 characters in this wave.

I've already expressed disappointment at the transparent Vision since it is the exact same paint job just on transparent plastic, that slot could have been used for Hill, Fury or Cho. its an aesthetic choice and I honestly don't feel that we needed both versions.

I think having two hulks in the same wave seems like overkill especially with the being exactly the same apart from the muted colours and face tampo.probably would have swapped someone from wave 61 and normal Hulk just to disguise the fact this wave is essentially 2 unique characters and 3 which we will get double of if you buy the full wave..

so the redacteds were savage grey hulk and klaue which is weird considering that technically we've already gotten and klaw minimate and even more strange is why they kept these hidden even though they've both been widely known about for a while but andy serkis minimate, so i cant complain

How is it strange? If you are referring to an earlier comment I made, I later withdrew it, although technically we've never gotten a MCU Klaue.

and that looks like the end of it

Is that official? :)

they really should have spread some of these characters out. Two hulks and Two Visions in the same wave. Technically we are only getting 5 characters in this wave.

I've already expressed disappointment at the transparent Vision since it is the exact same paint job just on transparent plastic, that slot could have been used for Hill, Fury or Cho. its an aesthetic choice and I honestly don't feel that we needed both versions.

I think having two hulks in the same wave seems like overkill especially with the being exactly the same apart from the muted colours and face tampo.probably would have swapped someone from wave 61 and normal Hulk just to disguise the fact this wave is essentially 2 unique characters and 3 which we will get double of if you buy the full wave..

The translucent Vision is a one-per-case variant of regular Vision. That was not a slot we were looking to fill with Fury, Hill or Cho. But you may still see one of those.

And keep in mind this is third assortment of figures based on one movie. The figures were slotted where they had to be for development and timing purposes, and I think everyone will have very concrete opinions of how many Hulks or Visions they need once they see the movie. And the best way to avoid buying two of the same character is to only buy one of them.

Army building that hydra soldier is going to be a pain...

More of a pain than other in-series army builders? Or do you mean because you want a lot of them?

Where are the blind bags being sold at? Specialty shops only?

Yes. http://www.comicshoplocator.com