UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A2 :Avengers the age of Ultron movie

Mattallica

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw these at a Toys R Us the other day. I just couldn't muster much excitement for the movie versions of Quicksilver and Wanda, and I have no need for another movie Cap, Thor, Widow, etc. So, no buys for me.

How ridiculously large were the shipping boxes?

What is a box? Padded envelopes!

Lucky you! I got this with my last order from TRU.com:

TRUbox1_zpsvl4vhfet.jpg

TRUbox2_zpsdj8bz1yu.jpg

All that for a couple 2-packs. My wife was gonna freak until she picked it up. I was kinda hoping they'd sent me the Hot Toys Hulkbuster by mistake. Then I sobered up.

Toys R Us supplies a handful of shipping boxes at the store level, and none are the right size for anything. I would repeatedly cut and tape two of a box together to get a better fit. If you ordered anything that didn't fit in an envelope, the next size up was a box fit for a microwave

Toys R Us supplies a handful of shipping boxes at the store level, and none are the right size for anything. I would repeatedly cut and tape two of a box together to get a better fit. If you ordered anything that didn't fit in an envelope, the next size up was a box fit for a microwave

I'm currently boxing up ALL of my toy inventory /collection ....which ain't no fun.......... but even I have organised myself so that I am using about 3 sizes of carton ,none of which is the size of the monster in MisterPL's pic.

So is the comic book wave hitting online stores or just local comic shops? Atomic Empire(has brick and mortar store) have these in stock, but Luke has them listed for the 29th.

Comic shops got in the regular case (1 x Winter Ops Hawkeye). Luke is more than likely getting in custom / god cases on the 29th (3 x Winter Ops Hawkeye). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I'm currently boxing up ALL of my toy inventory /collection ....which ain't no fun.......... but even I have organised myself so that I am using about 3 sizes of carton ,none of which is the size of the monster in MisterPL's pic.

By the way, thanks for sharing the in-progress pics on Facebook Rob.

xEdszVT.jpg

xEdszVT.jpg

I'm sure the Ark of the covenant is there just buried under Minimates

Got my LCS set yesterday. Everyone looks great with two exceptions.

I know it's cheaper to reuse the existing Iron Man parts but those parts suck. I was hoping the shoulders and/or chest piece would be modified to allow for a full range of motion. As it is, Tony's arms are either at his side or over his head. There's no middle ground.

Ultron looks wee. I won't beat the dead horse that is "Gee, it sure would be swell if we could have a 2.5" body for larger characters" so I'll just say that this figure really could have benefited from sculpted bits. A waist riser. Something. This is an 8-foot-tall character who towers over every Avenger except Hulk. Ultron seems scrawny.

The only QC issue I had was that Hawkeye's legs were assembled backwards but thanks to the wonderfully interchangable nature of the product, it was an easy fix. All paints apps looked fine.

Overall this is a decent wave of largely redundant characters ideal for newcomers and completists.

Are the singles supposed to hit soon? I bought a case from Luke and can't wait to crack them open! smile.png

From the looks of Hot Toy's AoU War Machine it looks like we already have an AoU minimate of him, he looks just like the IM3 Mk 2

Edited by Zylek

My TRU sets arrived on Tuesday in separate padded envelops. The QC isn't nearly as good as wave 19, but it's not terrible. I had to mix & match 2 Quicksilvers to Frankenstein one I was happy w/though. And neither of my Caps have the "A" on his mask lined up correctly.

One little neat surprise was Scarlet Witch's jewelry painted on her hands. They are pretty faint, but she is wearing gold rings & bracelets. Pretty cool.

xEdszVT.jpg

biggrin.png This will be the penultimate time that I will move my stuff . That picture made me laugh because it's not far from the truth , I have made plans to give everything a final home before I start trimming it down .

I'm 60 & I have tons of crap collectable stuff ............ example : I still have comics that I bought when I was 7 years old ...... a massive [ worthless ] X-Files collection.......quite why I do not know but it's all going once I've settled it into its new home in a few months time. Then I'll take a picture .....then you'll laugh blush.png