UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Your Most Wanted Toys?

cidman911

There are two things I've wanted to have forever. one I had as a kid and one I never had. I've been close a few times on pulling the trigger, but they just got too high at the time.

One is the old lego yellow castle. Had it as a kid. It was my favorite thing ever until I got swept up into the newer grey castles and space stuff. It wasn't until all the pieces were gone that I realized what it meant to me. My grand pop bought it for me and used to get a kick out of me showing him all the cool stuff. He's been gone for many years now, and every time I see one, i think of him and it makes me smile.

The other is from the Brazilian gi joe makers, Estrella. The "cobra de aco" was something I never knew about until I signed up on eBay in 2000. I didn't have any of my old toys and wanted to get a gung ho. Ended up seeing him on there and thought he was the coolest figure I never knew I wanted. Also, it started my toy collecting, at that point, I had been in the dark ages of toys for about15 yrs or so. The only toy at that point from my childhood that I'd had( that I was aware of at the time) was the dress blus gung-ho I had brought with me into the marines with me. You could say if it wasn't for cobra de aco catching my eye and searching for him, I wouldn't have begun re-collecting all my favorite joes from the past, which ultimately lead me to minimates ( story for another time) and the folks I genuinely consider friends on this forum.

Picture of me as a baby, I'd love to own one of these Weeble-Wobble type toys again. I haven't seen them in stores in ages.

I had it up until I was like 4 years old. No idea what happened to it. LOL

36896_1312886745609_7395923_n.jpg

I found one on eBay for $20. How about that! Haha http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1977-Sanitoy-Clown-Roly-Poly-Wobble-Chime-Celluloid-Plastic-Baby-Toy-/200835005585?pt=Vintage_Antique_Toys_US&hash=item2ec2b2fc91

Edited by cidman911

When it comes to 'my most wanted toy' I have to say that it would most probably have 4 wheel drive & a turbocharger biggrin.png

.....however...........

My dad's long gone but I can still feel a smile .....& TBH a few tears coming on ....when I remember getting my Johnny Seven gun ,I was perhaps 10 years old?

What's a Johnny Seven OMA ? Hereyago .............

What has dawned on me over latter years is how the heck did he afford to buy it for me ??

I absolutely pined for this as a child. I desperately wanted it and salivated over it's pictures in the catalogues that came with other smaller lego sets.

Lego_Futuron_Space_6990_Monorail_Transpo

My parents could never afford it... Lego was always a bit pricey, and this set was one of the dearer ones at the time. It looks pretty simple compared to a lot of sets that have come out since, but in the late 80's, this was the shiz!

SpaceshipspaceshipspaceshipSPACESHIIIIP

I had the original Lego castle and the first Lego Pirate Ship. Both were gifts from Santa back in the day. I gave all my Lego to a nephew (way before I had kids) and he has since given to his son. Lots of memories made with those bricks.